What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Far Cry 5 (PS4)

Defeated Jacob a while ago so now been building up resistance points on Faith's side. Completed a couple prepper side missions at the moment. 

Assassin's Creed II (PS3)

Decided to get back into the AC franchise. I'm starting with the second game rather than the first because after beating the first one once I find it boring compared to the others.

On 8/25/2018 at 9:05 AM, the_twig said:

So we recently found our old cartridge for Bravely Default, which we remember being quite good, but for some reason we never got round to finishing it. So we could play it together properly, we grabbed a ROM and fired it up in an emulator. The gameplay is really cool with this mechanic that allows you to store up turns or use them in advance to do really big hits. The Jobs (class) system was pretty well made too, allowing you to switch whenever you want, and mix up your abilities between different jobs, allowing a ton of customisation.

We have once again dropped it without even getting halfway through. The writing was absolutely awful, and the voice acting was diabolical too. We actually got fed up of the English voices at one point, so switched to Japanese, AND THEY WERE WORSE! The four protagonists do not seem like good people trying to save the world, they seem like ignorant people foisting their ideals on others. The villains basically seem to be evil for the sake of being evil. Most of them don't gain anything by doing what they're doing, as far as we can see yet at least. Every single line is delivered in such an overplayed, fake way, and the accents are ridiculously stereotypical. There's this monk that you fight early on who's kind of dumb, and he has "the dumb voice". You know the one, kind of deep and slurred, but really forced out of his mouth.

So yeah, if you ever want to play Bravely Default, ask yourself: Do you care about the gameplay, the plot, or a mixture of both? If it's either of the latter two, don't bother, play something else.

Yeah....Bravely Default and Bravely Second are two of my all time favorite games.....I only play with the Japanese voices. This being said, since you hate BD, never play Octopath Traveler. It's made by the same team who made Bravely Default/Second. Apparently y'all didn't make it to chapters 5-8 xP That's where most of the complaints come in....for good reason....I still love it and Bravely Second was fantastic in my eyes.

As far as I'm concerned, Octopath Traveler is a masterpiece. I'm 60 hours in and while it does have some flaws and some things it probably should have done better, I still love it.

I'm still working my way through the 8 paths in Octopath Traveler. As of today, I've finished 2/8. (I've done all 8 chapter 1's,2's etc.)

Far Cry 5 (PS4)

Defeated Faith's Bunker (finally) so all that's left is to go after Joseph Seed.

Bully (PS4)

Just re-bought this game today on the Play Station store (my 360 version of the game was stolen a few years ago) since it was on sale and I've been so wanting to play this game. As of right now I'm trying to get the hang of the game again.

Far Cry 5 (PS4)

Just finished this game tonight and the ending has me wanting MORE! I'm hoping Ubisoft comes up with a dlc or two to help clear up the ending a bit more.

Far Cry Primal (PS4)

Because I finished Far Cry 5 I really wanted to get back into this game since I haven't actually finished it (whoops). I found and saved Sayla as well as help tend to her wounds from the tiger attack. That's about as far as I got tonight since my bed is calling me and I have to work in the morning 😞.

• Like 1

Spider-Man (PS4)

Just picked a copy of this game up the other day and I'm addicted to it. Just unlocked 4 new spidey suits last night.

Far Cry Primal (PS4)

Sad to say I'm completely lost on this game at the moment, whoops.

9 minutes ago, leinwandname said:

EU4 - Trying a world conquest with the might Ulm. So far so good and had a bunch of luck

The game had such a big learning curve and was really complicated for me although I only played it for a little while. How do you like it, are you any good?

2 hours ago, Shift said:

The game had such a big learning curve and was really complicated for me although I only played it for a little while. How do you like it, are you any good? 

EU4 is one of my favorite games! With 600h play time I'm probably an intermediate. I have a good understanding of the mechanics, I'd say I know most, but there are always new tricks to learn and some details to discover - especially when every major patch changes some things fundamentally....

• Geano pinned this topic
  • Geano unpinned this topic

Having complete idiots that don't know how to play paladins. Gets me infuriated at times. Funny story, I had one guy playing Strix, going back and forth from left to right cover whilst sniping, treating it like CoD, yeah like CoD. He got one lucky kill on me, kept using the same tactics over and over again. On the first death by him, saw him, ran towards his location and burned his ass (I was playing as Fernando). 

FallOut 4: GOTY (PS4)

Went after the raiders that kept attacking a fort which afterwards they finally agreed to join up with me.

Digimon Cyberslueth (PS4)

Started this late last night. Met Kyoko for the first time and apparently lost my physical form...

I watched quite a few XBox 1X tear down and mod vids on YouTube. One person even fully liquid cooled their XBox 1 X. Even added RGB to a clear case for it. Pretty awesome if I do say.

I was playing Osu! a bit. It's a fun little game that I'm terrible at, but I don't really care about my skill too much because it's just really addicting to play.

Haven't done a whole lot of gaming unfortunately. Still busy with the move but when I do game it's been wandering around aimlessly in Fallout 4 and I just restarted Final Fantasy XV just because I've been wanting to do a second playthrough for some time. What I'm really waiting for is Red Dead Redemption II to come out (a little over two weeks, yay!). I got the ultimate edition so I'm definitely excited for that (and another reason I haven't done much gaming is because I'm waiting for that).