What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Getting in some more KSP time today.  Between work and end-of-season anime bingeing I have been neglecting my Kerbals.

screenshot91.thumb.png.a0b0bcfffafc897aa6fc048e70d63782.png

Driving along in my rover, minding my own business..  All of a sudden my rover's batteries started draining.  Checked my solar panels.   "blocked by the Mun"?  Hmmm, now that you mention it the sun does look kind of funny.   It's a Münar eclipse! 

screenshot93.thumb.png.5586d4e9efbb89d3a97d26e0e27c8ae5.png

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 6:27 PM, ArchieKun said:

Played a little Minecraft with my wifu. setting up a base. 

That's another thing I "need" to get back to.  My brother got a new gf and between that and some overtime he's been too busy to play on our server.  Not "busy" either.   (Well maybe a bit. :D)   She's got kids who are a good age for MC and he keeps telling me he wants to get us all together & introduce them to our game.  Just haven't had time.

Got a contract to put up a space station in KSP!  This one cost about double what the contract paid once you take into account the launch, but it is overbuilt so that I can use it for other things, including future contracts and science research.  The contract only called for 5 kerbals, an antenna, a docking port, and some solar panels.  This one has berths for 12, including 2 on a science research module.  It also has vacuum-optimized engines so it is somewhat mobile, 6 attachment points (the circles around the middle just "below" the solar panels) for future expansion, and one of the service bays is only half-filled, so I can add more scientific instruments for the research module once I unlock some more of the tech tree.  There's also *6* high-gain antennas for long-distance communications.  If I wanted to I can take this thing all the way to Duna (Mars) once I get some more fuel capacity and some refining gear attached.  Probably also some sort of auxiliary craft would be good so that I have something that can transport things like Kerbals and ore to & from the surface.  This thing has pretty efficient engines, but the TWR is so low it will never be able to land on its own. 

Hopefully I can find some more contracts to help pay for all that!

screenshot101.thumb.png.0c0198e0ce0b078264937e38364b415f.png

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

3 hours ago, HanaApril said:

I was playing the Sims 4

Lately every time I look in discord it says my brother is playing The Sims. 

That or the kids took over "his" computer again.  :D

I summoned Selkie in Fire Emblem Heroes, that's pretty much it. I've been waiting for her to get added for one and a half years so I am pretty pleased.

Maybe one of these days I can finally get back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2, I still am only on like the 3rd chapter.

At this moment I can't really decide on what to play or get into. I've been I guess you can say a somewhat average gamer back when I was in high school but after that I sorta just stopped playing video games since I wanted to do other things I love and were into. I have anxiety so sometimes it's hard for me to stay focused for a long time so for that it's maybe a bit hard to explain.. ( I apologize ) However I do want to game more like I used to but I'm not sure where to start. I did all kinds to pretty much all the systems and I do own a PlayStation 4, Nintendo 2DS, and have my computer of coarse. Anyone know any good games to start with that's maybe not too hard to play? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanaApril said:

At this moment I can't really decide on what to play or get into. I've been I guess you can say a somewhat average gamer back when I was in high school but after that I sorta just stopped playing video games since I wanted to do other things I love and were into. I have anxiety so sometimes it's hard for me to stay focused for a long time so for that it's maybe a bit hard to explain.. ( I apologize ) However I do want to game more like I used to but I'm not sure where to start. I did all kinds to pretty much all the systems and I do own a PlayStation 4, Nintendo 2DS, and have my computer of coarse. Anyone know any good games to start with that's maybe not too hard to play? 

I can relate to the anxiety problem, I was a perpetual nervous wreck the last two years between a stressful and unnerving job and already having GAD. It's hard to do even fun things when you get really anxious.

Anyways! Any particular sorts of genres  or content you have a preferance for, or any you can't stand? 

Edited by SanguineTear

1 hour ago, HanaApril said:

When I want some no-stress gaming I usually play something I like on the easiest setting.  Minecraft on "Peaceful" or "Easy" a common example.  For me that's the computer equivalent of playing with legos.  :D  That or I'll re-play a game that I've finished, but rather than trying to finish it again I'll stay away from monsters or other trouble and instead go poking into the odd corners and just do stupid stuff... sometimes you're even rewarded with finding an easter egg that way.

What games did you used to play?

Edited by efaardvark

@efaardvark That's good to know and as for games well.. I tried and played a lot growing up a few that I remember were: World of Warcraft,, Wizard101, Gears of Wars, Halo, Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, The Sims 3, and other random RPGMMO's. To be honest I want to find games that don't really have a lot of violence or other negative related things in it though I know most games now a days do have that type of stuff in it more. I guess I'm looking for kawaii type games, sounds cheesy but I just thought it be nice for a change then what I used to play.

@HanaApril  If you're looking for non-violent then minecraft on "peaceful" is about as non-violent as you can get.  On that setting the hostile monsters like zombies and skeletons don't even spawn, though you'll still get things like sheep and cows.  If you don't want to deal with monsters and combat at all then go for "creative" mode.  In creative there are no monsters, and you get unlimited blocks, unlimited health (you can not die), and can fly.  Basically all you can do is build stuff, like pixel art.  (I happen to find that rather boring, but for some people that's the only mode they'll play.  To each their own.)

If you're into WoW then maybe something like that or Skyrim, etc. with another high-level player that you trust as a bodyguard.  Or just hang out in a safe area and socialize.

Edited by efaardvark

@efaardvark Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. I always wanted to try Minecraft but I don't have the money to play it right now sadly.  I've also heard of Skyrim and I don't think it's my kind of cup of tea. It just didn't look interesting to me at least, thanks though for the recommendation. 

@HanaApril Hmmmmm....  When you mention kawaii games two that come to my mind immediately are 100% Orange Juice and Recettear.  100% OJ is basically like a board game and is some silly fun, and pretty cheap to get. You don't have to play it multiplayer, but it is a pretty fun party sort of game with friends. It is however very frustrating at times because when RNG is a core game mechanic (because dice rolls) there can be some very irritating and disappointing times. Also the public lobby names are, well, extremely off putting at times which sorta discourages me from doing public multiplayer occasionally. 

Recettear pretty much oozes cuteness throughout and is pretty much a bout owning and running a shop, with some dungeon diving too. It's a bit of a time sink though at times and despite being released quite a long time ago it's still about $20. Goes on sale pretty often though.

Those are about the only cutesy ones I can think of at the time though, I haven't played a whole lot of positive games recently so to speak.

• Like 1

I think most Nintendo games, especially the older ones, are quite non-violent. The only problem is is that they often are rather expensive.

But if you have the normal 2DS you can play old Gameboy and NES games which are quite cheap (but no SNES games.I think these only work on the 'new' 2ds). At least if the 'Virtual Console' function is still available.
There are also programs/emulators which play old Nintendo games for free but I don't know how legal that is but I guess youtube will have plenty of videos of how to get and play them. But I think you can also play them online for free, just like flash games, nowadays.

On the computer I think many games are rather violent. But there are those games where you build towns but I don't know how much those costs.

Edited by Illusion of Terra

I'm currently replaying Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix mainly and also The World Ends With You Solo Remix on my android.

I'm just about done with the all the Disney Worlds. I just have Halloween Town and Pride Lands to complete and I'm on the 5th day of the first week w/Shiki about to encounter the first GM soon.

But being a college student that's all I really have time for nowadays. Until Spring Break at least.