What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Dance-fevered and guitar heros make room.  Looks like the VR crowd is bustin' out too.  (Audica should have used this 'tubie for their ad instead.)

The Wolf Among Us (Xbone)

I finished episode 3 and I honestly feel bad for Bigby. It's like no matter what choice you select the other Fables shit on him. I understand that in the books he was a horrible Fable but now he's just trying to turn himself around and keep the others alive. As For Snow, she just needs to quit being such a b***h to Bigby. I understand she's his boss but the way she comes off is a little irritating and I'm surprised that Bigby still tolerates it even though he has a major crush on Snow.

Persona 5 (PS4)

I'm still stuck on Kaneshiro's distortion. I can't seem to find a way into the dang basement and all those cameras... 😱 I keep running into their sight because I keep forgetting about them, oops.

Nothing.  :(  Been trying to find some time to get back to minecraft now that my brother's updated the server to 1.14, but rl is not cooperating.  Tried playing for an hour yesterday after work but ran into technical difficulties & never got around to logging in.  I really want to play with the new village/raider dynamics.  Maybe sometime this weekend if the weather doesn't let me do the yardwork that needs doing.

Edited by efaardvark

Nothing new been playing black ops 2 on PS3 to level up I have my ups and downs depending on the lobby sometimes you be having the classic campers and cheaters that ruin the game smh 

• Like 1

The Sims 4 (PC)

Haven't played this in a few weeks so decided to progress on my Sim's celebrity path.

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Just downloaded this game over the weekend and so far I'm hooked. I haven't been able to actually sit down and play it for a longer period of time just because my weekend has been quite busy. However I did get started on my farm and did some foraging as well. Definitely going to sit down and actually put some time on it sometime Sunday, lol.

• Like 1

Not doing a lot of intense gaming.

Poker with friends and dead by daylight with friends.

But nOt long ago I created a New steam account for achievement hunting. Every thing I play there I will go for 100%.

• Like 1

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Spent about 3 hours playing this game today. Just starting to bring in a little money but still trying to get the hang of things. Unfortunately, I haven't been to play it for longer because it was Mother's Day and I wanted to do something for my mom.

11 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Still grinding the hours away on this game. Haven't really played much else tonight, lol.

Stardew is one of the best games around. Got Skyrim vr the other day and I'm hoping to try it tonight....

• Like 2

Let us know what you think of the Skyrim VR.  I'm -><- this close to obtaining some VR gear of my own & looking for something that will push me over the edge.

Of course, then I would have to find some place to set it up.  :)  VR gear I might be able to afford.  A new house where I can dedicate a room to it.. not so much.  :(

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

Let us know what you think of the Skyrim VR.  I'm -><- this close to obtaining some VR gear of my own & looking for something that will push me over the edge.

Of course, then I would have to find some place to set it up.  :)  VR gear I might be able to afford.  A new house where I can dedicate a room to it.. not so much.  :(

I totally will. I'm planning to buy a couple of longer HDMI cables to actually make this work. I use the Sony VR which is fairly good, but let's face it, the cables that come with it are made for shorter people. If I get any closer to the camera, the camera won't callibrate right either so I'm just going to replace the cables with longer ones and I think I'll use my VR gear a lot more with that small change. So far, played through Loading Human (enjoyed it though the graphics are a bit primitive, like early PS2 graphics when you consider later PS2 graphics, still a good game to practice the controls) and Star Trek Bridge Crew (I need to recruit a crew to take on the Kobayashi Maru Challenge) and been using the VR charging station to charge my controller as the short cables pulled my head down constantly bothering my preexisting neck problems. I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard so many good things about Skyrim VR. I may be ruint after this lol...

I really haven't set up a new area for VR. You really mostly sit or stand. You use the controllers to move around...which means I might be learning it new in Skyrim. >_> Anyways, I'll let you know how mind-blown I get. ;)

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I watched a non commentated walk through for dk 64 I love that game not nearly as much as the earlier dk country games for snes though. For a n64 game, and collectathon as that genre is called its pretty good.

• Like 1

Got to do some capture-the-flag / village defense in minecraft today and got my first set of captured raider-captain banners:

image.thumb.png.2e475266df4f1b96ada91e80a23c2ca0.png

Not exactly heads-on-pikes, but it'll do for now.  :D 

On 5/15/2019 at 1:58 PM, Beocat said:

Stardew is one of the best games around. Got Skyrim vr the other day and I'm hoping to try it tonight....

Yeah I've been playing it for almost a week straight and forgot about my other game systems... 😂😂 

Mostly just watched the normal gaming related youtuber line up I watch every day. No real playing games today yet, but that could change night is young.

@efaardvark  Ok, so far I'm a bit mixed on Skyrim VR. Mostly because of the VR gear. I'm actually enjoying it and it is definitely interesting.  I wish it were crisper, but that may be my offbrand hdmi cable's effect on things. There were two kinds of movement.  A teleportation movement (absolutely not for me. Very disconcerting and slow for me to use) and a point and run movement (which I was already accustomed to from playing Loading Human). You swing your sword/mace with the wands and draw back and aim your own bows so loving that. If I hadn't had a slower game to introduce me to using the wands this would be a lot more difficult for me.  The problem came not from being motion sick (if that was an issue I'd never survive riding on boats), but the VR gear is still too heavy for me to wear for extended times, even with the longer cables reducing some of the weight. Still loving the game, and being in Skyrim is pretty awesome.  I imagine it will take days for me to really get good at the controls. I need to play around at a few things and run a few quests before I really decide.  I think I could still use the regular controller if I wanted to and just play with the vr gear on....might try that out too eventually. 

• Like 1

I'm concerned about the weight of the VR headset and etc. as well.  I'd really like to see a light headset that works wirelessly.  Making the headset light but cabled to a small backpack or fannypack that actually holds the battery and most of the electronics would be acceptable, as long as the cable is well-managed.  It is being worked on and it'll happen, but it isn't here yet.  The other thing I'd really like to see is a simple glove type device for hand positioning and gesture sensing.  (Simple for the user.. it can be PFM inside, as long as it is easy to use.)

Edited by efaardvark
  • Agree 1

@efaardvark if you know anyone with a Sony VR, try it on at their place first. I have a bad disc in my neck so 20-30 minutes in sends me into nauseating pain. It is too heavy, even sitting down. Just the part that sits on your head is too much for me. I'll be watching anime today. I have to work tomorrow so I'm not going to aggravate my neck by playing Skyrim VR. I tried some spellcraft in Skyrim too but either I messed up aiming or I just did it wrong. It'll be Wednesday before I jump back in. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Beocat said:

@efaardvark if you know anyone with a Sony VR, try it on at their place first. I have a bad disc in my neck so 20-30 minutes in sends me into nauseating pain. It is too heavy, even sitting down. Just the part that sits on your head is too much for me. I'll be watching anime today. I have to work tomorrow so I'm not going to aggravate my neck by playing Skyrim VR. I tried some spellcraft in Skyrim too but either I messed up aiming or I just did it wrong. It'll be Wednesday before I jump back in. 

I've tried the Sony VR.  It is .. marginal, IMHO.  Resolution and FOV are limited, tracking is sometimes questionable, and the controllers are cheap.  In fact, the whole thing is cheap-feeling.  Not that cheap is a bad thing, all else being equal, but this is clearly a low-end device.  For a first attempt at a broadly-deployed consumer VR device it is a good try, but frankly, the biggest thing the Sony device has going for it is the software available.

3 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I've tried the Sony VR.  It is .. marginal, IMHO.  Resolution and FOV are limited, tracking is sometimes questionable, and the controllers are cheap.  In fact, the whole thing is cheap-feeling.  Not that cheap is a bad thing, all else being equal, but this is clearly a low-end device.  For a first attempt at a broadly-deployed consumer VR device it is a good try, but frankly, the biggest thing the Sony device has going for it is the software available.

I agree with all those opinions.  The resolution is very limited, and even the darkest it gets you can see the lines in the cloth backdrop.  I think it was more of a "field test" product.  I think that they really kept it low end because they didn't want to invest the time and money to make a better high-end model without actually knowing what their customer base for the product would look like (let's face it, it was way different from their usual set up and it does require quite a bit of extra space...not exactly something that a lot of Japanese households can devote for gaming...hence their ridiculously short controller charging cables (my biggest pet peeve of the Sony console lines)).  By now they should have a good idea of the size of the market and how much people are willing to spend on it so I think with the PS4's life-cycle being on the latter half of the cycle, if they found it worthwhile to really pursue, it will be a major feature of the PS5 (PS4 released in 2013, so I imagine we'll start hearing about the PS5 come 2021 or 2022, just a couple more years).  If the numbers come up that investing in it wouldn't pull enough profit, then I can see them not even bothering to have the option with the PS5.  I honestly feel that the PS5 is a lot closer to being announced than the usual 10 year cycle...the PS3 had a short life-cycle too so that too might be part of it.  A lot of the games that I see right now for the PS4 are remakes (Quantum Dream Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls/etc, Tales of Vesperia remake, Uncharted remakes, and so on...) which tend to be late life-cycle games for most consoles.  I've seen enough come and go by now to recognize the signs...  If the developers are pulling back from new IPs, they're probably saving up for a new console.

Still, it's fun swinging your own mace, drawing back your own bow and all.  And it's a very different experience.  During my "execution" in Skyrim, before they pushed me down on the chopping block, I spent a lot of time turning around, just looking at my surroundings.  I don't think you can do that in the regular game.

3 hours ago, Beocat said:

PS5

I was just reading up on the latest rumors a couple days ago.  We'll see.  :)

3 hours ago, Beocat said:

Still, it's fun swinging your own mace, drawing back your own bow and all.  And it's a very different experience.  During my "execution" in Skyrim, before they pushed me down on the chopping block, I spent a lot of time turning around, just looking at my surroundings.  I don't think you can do that in the regular game. 

That's the draw of VR.

36 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I was just reading up on the latest rumors a couple days ago.  We'll see.  :)

That's the draw of VR.

Ooh, I hadn't heard any of those. I'm so far out of the loop these days. I might have to upgrade my tv for the next PS console. It's 8-9 years old and probably not up to specs for that level of graphics. I've just grown so attached to that TV. It was the first tv I bought with my own money (before that I had an old box tv from my high school years. Still do have it  in the spare bedroom). I spent a week picking it out, then when I bought it, I found out it didn't fit in my car. Life lesson learned 😅

Back on topic, played Sims4 today. I recently got the Seasons pack and Bowling Night stuff and I love the seasons and the fun of bowling. I built a secluded farm that runs essentially off grid (I've painstakingly even avoided lights that need electricity) and I'm having fun with it. Just started to snow today, and the challenge of running a farm with the seasons changing is refreshing and challenging.  I think once Winter is coming close to a close, I might spend some time rearranging my farm for an easier harvest. 

• Like 1