What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Devil May Cry 5 (PS4)

Finished this game and DUDE, it was epic. I hope there is gonna be another one in the future.

Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

Live streamed this for about two hours. I have beaten it once in the past but finished it before the update had taken place so I figured I'd give it another go and find out what exactly was changed in the game. 

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Finally got my hands on some Sashimi from the tavern but low and behold I can't find Sebastian anywhere... ugh.

14 hours ago, Beocat said:

@EnviousEnvy did you try his room? 🙃 my backup locations are Sams house, the train tracks, and the pier for him. 

I looked at his house, Sam's and even at the ocean (he likes to chill there to it appears). I haven't tried the train tracks though! I'll give that a go. Seems like I always choose the difficult people to romance in games, lmao.

Final Fantasy (PS4) 

Streamed this for about an hour and a half. Was about to head to Altissa when Noctis's home was attacked and he wanted to head back. 

Well, today I upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12GB and now Sims4 runs smoothly. Dropped back in on my Strangerville girl....she's errrr...still infected lol. Gets randomly possessed. It's funny and all but I wonder if I'll be able to become a hometown hero. Got to cure myself first I suppose lol....

8 hours ago, Beocat said:

Well, today I upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12GB and now Sims4 runs smoothly. Dropped back in on my Strangerville girl....she's errrr...still infected lol. Gets randomly possessed. It's funny and all but I wonder if I'll be able to become a hometown hero. Got to cure myself first I suppose lol....

Even though I have Strangerville I haven't really dived into it yet. I'm still focused on Get Famous. I thought about creating a side sim to live in Strangerville just for lulz.

Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

Lived streamed this for about 2 hours and 24 minutes. Did a lot of side missions and I think I did one or two main missions but other than that I didn't focus on the main ones. 

The Sims 4 (PC)

My anxiety has been getting the best of me the past two days so I've been building homes more than anything. Don't think I played with any of my Sims themselves. 

• Like 1

I've also just installed my usual mods over my fresh install of KSPv1.7 and the Breaking Ground expansion.  One of the mods, Kerbal Alarm Clock, technically hasn't been updated for this version of the game, but the previous version that works with 1.6.9 reportedly still works with a little manual adjustment so I went ahead and installed that manually.

Now I just need to find some time to actually play.  Two weekends in a row now the universe has messed up my allotted game time with annoying adulting crap.  3rd time's the charm?

• Like 1

I've just been reading up on Canonical dropping 32-bit support on Ubuntu linux.  Not just in the kernel either, which would be fine.  No, they're apparently dropping support for all the 32-bit libs too.  This basically means dropping support for ALL 32-bit software, including wine and Steam among other things.  Just when gaming on linux was getting to be a real thing too.  :(  I mean, I'm sure it'll all get worked out eventually, and Ubuntu != linux, but now is not the time for a highly-visible linux distro like Ubuntu to be pulling something like this. 

Not that I'm especially worried.  As things stand now my v19.04 will be the last 32bit-capable version of Ubuntu from Canonical so I guess I'm officially looking to migrate to another distro, but 19.04 will be supported for another year or so at least and a lot can happen in that time.  Even if worse comes to worst, I've been considering migrating for a while now anyway.  Unfortunately this isn't too surprising.  For a while now Ubuntu seems to have been doing everything they can to shoot themselves in the foot.  5 years ago Ubuntu was #2 on places like distrowatch.  In the past couple years they haven't even been able to break into the top 5.  For a while now I've been pointing new users at Mint or MX, and Manjaro is pretty popular with the veteran-but-not-guru linux crowd as well.  Probably past time for a switch.

In other news, I did, finally, get to play some KSP today.  Just started a new "career" & kind of working through the early game stuff that I've done a million times as I test my mods and get familiar with the features of the new version of the game.  It is fun making your passengers black out due to G-forces.  :D

screenshot3.thumb.png.c8747d9f8bd16378bfac4bd7e0a17281.pngscreenshot2.thumb.png.50c3f3fd0e85b9a27b586c0d83866909.png

Edited by efaardvark

The Sims 4 (PC)

Got Island Living along with Spa Day and Backyard over the weekend. I've been hooked ever since. I decided to create myself and my fiance in a new save file. I may add some of my real friends too.

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Still in the middle of winter of my first year and working my tail off to find more donations for the museum and been trying to work on what used to be the community center.

Star Wars Of The Old Republic (PC)

Wanted to give this old MMORPG a try and omg, the graphics are insanely bad, lol. Don't know if I'm going to be able to get back into it.

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Almost done with winter and celebrated their festival feast or whatever they call it. I ended up being Vincent's secret Santa (I was hoping for Sebastian but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️). I also worked a bit on the community center but for some strange reason it wasn't letting me put items it asked for in the bundles...

Final Fantasy (PS4)

Went after the behemoth named Deadeye and finally got me a Chocobo. 

Star Wars Of The Old Republic (PC)

I'm seriously confused on this MMORPG. Won't let me add any of my friends...

Just bought a ton of games today. Fallout: New Vegas, DOOM 2016, and the entire Bioshock Collection.

I've played Fallout: New Vegas and DOOM 2016 before, but only on a friend's account. I'm looking forward to playing all of these games, since I've been lacking in first person RPGs recently.

2 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Can't play anything or watch anything but mobile games because the storm keeps kicking my power out. 😵

I know this pain all too well. This is why I never let my phone battery get low~

I played Vicera Cleanup Detail with a buddy, we spent a few hours on a workshop mission~

37 minutes ago, Serge heartless said:

Thi is why you should get a switch, or a 3ds. And always keep them charged. 

I do have both. My Switch I play constantly and it died with how long I played on it and my 3DS is put away because I recently moved. So a lot of my stuff is packed up.