What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Made it to spring (finally). As much as there is to do in winter I still prefer the other seasons in the game. I finally got Sebastian to notice me (yay) too.

Sims 4 (PC)

Put my celebrity sim to the side for awhile to work on my Island Living sim family. I decided to start my main sim as a teenager instead of as an adult right off the bat (I kind of want to build a family tree).

On 6/27/2019 at 8:50 PM, EnviousEnvy said:

Can't play anything or watch anything but mobile games because the storm keeps kicking my power out. 😵

I feel your pain.  I fixed this by adding a small bank of batteries and a surge suppressor as part of a solar power system a bunch of years ago.  It wouldn't stand up to a direct lightning strike of course, but I don't get much in the way of local thunderstorms.  I did get a lot of voltage sags and brownouts however, due to being at the end of the power distribution network in this area.

With this setup though.. I don't have to care.  The batteries provide several hours run-time even if the sun isn't out, and with the surge suppressor it is like having the whole house on a UPS.  If the sun is out then I can literally game all day, even if SoCal Edison is completely out.

Totally ready for the zombie apocalypse here.  :D  

IMG_4543.thumb.JPG.d56157cde5ace9bc47a8dd22ef672b3a.JPG

IMG_4542.thumb.JPG.575cbbea3fe2ac2111946cb152f075d0.JPG

Edited by efaardvark

My friends finally convinced me to pick up Overwatch so we could all play together.  It's not that I didn't want to, it's that I'm always super busy.  

Anyway the games quite fun.  Had my fist session with it last night and I definitely look forward to more time with it.

the only thing I can play in overwatch is the arcade mode. Quick play and comp is completely pointless, no one cares about winning, and people just do whatever they want.  You'll find out soon enough how bad these modes are. Arcade you can do whatever you want and still win. 

Haven't done any gaming over the weekend because it was my birthday (5th of July) so I was out of town. 

Anyway, I got a controller for my Switch for my birthday (my old one went missing during the move and I was devastated) from my fiance. So now that I'm home I'm gonna give it a go.

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Focused more on planting and doing some minor quests for the other villagers to up my relationship status with them.

Sims 4 (PC)

Back to playing with my celebrity family and the two newly weds are now having their first child. Haven't done an actual family in a long time (normally only have a single sim).

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Been working my way through the mines and fishing to make more money. Also finally got Sebastian to be my friend.

Otherwise I've been more into watching anime lately than gaming.

• Like 1

Been super busy with work and life but squeezed in a little gaming here and there (more gaming than anime).  I plugged in my PS3 and pulled out Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and started replaying Kingdom Hearts.  Oh, the memories!  Oh the music (so sad and sweet...my kind of music)!  I probably spent an hour just taking my time loving on the opening (I wish Disney had some stained glass windows made like in the game)...5 hours in and I'm still on the Destiny Islands lol!  I'm about to leave the Islands, but it feels good to have beaten Riku and named my own raft.  I spend far too much time soaking in the music in that game and reliving my memories. 

Other than that, been playing Island Living on the Sims4.  Enjoying it, but thinking about going back to my farm again lol...

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

The Sims 4 (PC)

Got my Celebrity family's first baby to grow up into a toddler. Not sure where I want to go from there (as in skills and future career).

Pokémon Let's Go Eevee (Switch)

Haven't played this in month so I figured I would jump back into the game. I'm so far behind in this game, oops.

Checked out Warface today, since I’ve finally got Xbox live. It’s got good graphics, shots looks real and the environment was good. Been too long since I’ve played CoD to compare it, but I’d say the CoD maps were much more detailed. Still, challenging and fun to figure out a new game/ different gameplay.

RIght now I have a PS4 Pro, Switch, Vita, 3ds, and PC. Besides my backlog I am currently playing Ni No Kuni 2, Bloodstained, and patiently awaiting Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Edit: misread the topic a bit. I chipped away at Ni No Kuni on ps4 today.

Edited by Castigear
  • Like 1

BioShock (PS4)

Bought the entire collection simply because it was on sale. I only ever played the first one on PS3.

The Isle (PC)

Bought the Isle on Steam after hearing about it from a friend. Pretty cool game, not sure though if it's something I would put hours into like let's say, Stardew Valley, lol.

Little Friends (Switch)

Downloaded this game simply because it reminded me of Nintendogs for the original Nintendo DS and honestly I was hoping it was. It's vaguely similar but very lacking to say the least. Still, it's enjoyable for what it is.

The Sims 4 (PC)

Been into building homes lately and uploading them to the gallery. Didn't play very much with any of my sim families though. 

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch)

Played a little of this during the nasty line of storms I've been having. More to keep the anxiety at bay than anything else.

• Like 1