What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

I finished Planet Nomads a while back but I felt I had to replay it "to do it right".  Kind of an OCD thing I do occasionally.

But then I went off and built a flying houseboat base lab thing for no plausible reason.  :D 

1106336461_Screenshotfrom2020-03-0816-20-56.thumb.png.82ba2a170b8c2196ee842ce23e8c37bd.png

• Silly 1

stardew Valley (Switch)

Turns out I didn't say no to Sebastian about having a baby. I was freaking out there for a second. It ended up being a boy and I had no idea what to name him so whatever popped into my head first was what his name would be it; his name is Ben.

IMG_20200309_202906.thumb.jpg.d1b97f2fac0dc07e5fa174934dfb3a74.jpg

Two Point Hospital (Switch)

Never heard of this game before until recently (even though apparently it's been out for awhile on other consoles, lol). I watched a couple gameplays of it and figured I'd give it a shot myself. Turns out I'm addicted. I absolutely love some of the quirks in the game and it's not impossible to finish the challenges and move onto other hospitals. IMG_20200309_202912.thumb.jpg.2c8bd6cf7979a4bc4ec31c0a4abc4565.jpg

IMG_20200309_202920.thumb.jpg.12bbb3294db274815bf86640c8d58a9e.jpg

• Like 1

Played Dishonored 2.

I have been trying to be merciful for the most part but uh, I accidentally hacked a guard's leg off when he startled me so there went my clean record~

I could have loaded the last save but I don't like cheesing these games too much, it kills the fun for me~

The Walking Dead - Telltale Games Version (PS4)

Almost finished with season one. Just need to complete the 300 Days (or was it 400 Days? I can't remember) episode then I can work on season two. I have already beaten seasons one and two previously on the PS3 but never on the PS4 and I haven't played any of the others yet.

Snackworld (Switch)

I finally defeated the Kraken and replayed some old side stories to level up faster (I'm reeeeaaally behind in this game, lol).

Finally got around to (re)installing the steam client on my linux desktop system.

Now all I need is some time to play games.  Still haven't quite figured out that one yet. 🤔

• Silly 1

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)

Picked up my preorder Friday but because I have been taking other people's shifts at work due to them being sick I only got the chance to actually play it Saturday. I picked mine and my first two villagers spots out for our tents and then went onto making bells and nook Miles while also upgrading my home. I even got Blather's to show interest in the island and so I set up his tent before logging for the night. This is game is epic so far!

IMG_20200321_213100.jpg

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

Finally expanded Blather's Museum from a tent to an actual building as well as collected all the resources needed to build my island's first official store! I'll get to see both when I wake up sometime. Also Nook Miles seems to get harder and harder to earn enough to do certain things with.

By the way, I think the sky looks amazing on the game.

IMG_20200322_221119.thumb.jpg.2251658c7fb347e521b77a76c2f203c8.jpg

Played 7 Days to Die with a friend

We finally constructed a gyrocopter after much time, and almost lost it in a few seconds... it will be the 4x4 for us for now. Also went exploring into the desert to find oil to use for highly unnecessary but satisfying contraptions~

Even though it is one of the dime a dozen crafting survival zombie games, and after like 6 damn years is still in alpha, we have had a lot of fun with it. That said, when played with a good friend (and in extreme cases enough alcohol), most any game can be fun though... but this one doesn't require alcohol at least~

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

Held a opening ceremony this morning for Nook's Cranny and three new plots for neighbors to eventually move into. Got everything set for those so the neighbors will be moving in any day now. I also met Harvey the hippie dog and paid off my first house loan (not the tent one but my actual house, house). My second loan is now 198,000 bells (yikes). Also Blather's Museum should be completed by tomorrow. After all that I visited a few islands that belonged to my friends. 

Two Point Hospital (Switch)

Didn't do a whole heck of a lot in this game but since I pretty much did all I could do for the day in Animal Crossing I figured I kill some time by continuing this game. Still in the same hospital as before though.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (Xbox One)

Collected all the ultimate ninjutsu for all available characters so I pretty much quit going after secret scrolls (going after each one was annoying after awhile). I also gave up doing the rest of the side missions once I had enough experience points to do the story missions (the conditions for each battle in the side missions was also not only annoying but frustrating as well). So I focused on the story missions and ended up beating the game tonight.

Animal Crossing (Switch)

Finally caught a Sturgeon! All I kept catching the past 5 days/nights were flipping Black basses and Sea basses. I nearly gave up. 

The Walking Dead (PS4)

Finished the side episode, "400 Days" and started on season 2. Also completed the first episode of it before quitting.

Animal Crossing: NH (Switch)

Finally got a campsite for visitors to stay in and put up a donation box for my new bridge.

DOOM Eternal (PS4)

Picked up a copy of this game over the weekend. Haven't gotten very far into yet but it's very fast paced.

7 Days to Die (PC)

Played with a buddy. We decided we should start making our base and house actually look nice. Although very secure, they are not exactly pretty. After a few hours mining and scavenging in the desert to get materials for gas and paint, we actually got to work on the overhaul.

It still looks more like a prison from the outside, but the house within the walls is beginning to look like an actual house rather than an unholy mess of concrete and wood~

22 hours ago, IIVIsouljam said:

Felt like playing Ocarina of Time too. 😐 

man, that makes it even worse, what a fantastic game. hope you will be able to find one somewhere

@IIVIsouljam might be a long shot, but have you thought about either repairing it (searching online what doesn't work) or there might be a shop available that repairs retro consoles? don't know if such things exist and how expensive they are but might be worth a try

Edited by Illusion of Terra

@IIVIsouljam like @Illusion of Terra said, check into some local electronic repair shops first. I saved my old NES from my childhood. Dug it out of the trash defiantly as a child and told my mom I was going to fix it someday (the screen was pixelated so you couldn't really see...I was playing games by memory till that power surge killed the power adapter part). Kept it pristine under my bed until college when I asked a friend who worked at a mom&pop repair shop if he could fix it. Told him the problem and a week later he had replaced both broken parts (and tried not to charge me for it. I made him take my money lol). I was so happy and he said he'd never seen one so clean lol.  You can repair them! Or check your local retro gaming store for a replacement before Ebay even. They usually guarantee hardware so you'd be able to return it if it didn't work. 

I've been replacing my laptop but thankfully although the laptop doesn't turn on anymore (it tried rewriting the reboot sector a few times before it went completely kaput) my harddrive was still good. I've got it set up as an external drive so I managed to salvage my old game save files (and my writings, my pictures, my work stuff, my life essentially). I've been mainly on my ps4 trying to get through the dragonborn questline...which I always avoided before...part of my not wanting things to end fault. My goal is to platinum it...after this I think it's just finish the companions, winterhold, and Brotherhood lines then find the rest of the daedric artifacts that I've missed so far. Then I'll kill some guards in all the holds, escape from jail and possibly pop the platinum trophy at last. I really just want that trophy as proof of how much I love this game. 

• Like 1