What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

13 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Haven't done much gaming this week due to covering other people's shifts for them. I did however order a new computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers. So I can't wait for that...

Similar situation here as well.  I'd like to build a Steam box around one of these new "i5 killer" Ryzen CPUs too.  Kind of a console thing for the front room entertainment center.  Just haven't had the time (or the energy) lately though.  :(

13 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Played some Minecraft and been watching Mario Maker 2 on Twitch. Saw some pretty insane  levels.

I'd like to get back to my brother's mc too.  He's got a hard survival realms game going and we found a village that's literally within visual loading distance of a raider outpost.  So of course we started fortifying the heck out of the village.  :)  We were trying to see how high we could get the villager population and when we were done with the fortifications we were going to trigger a raid sequence to have a little fun with that.  Then the virus came along & I've basically had no time since to play.

2020-05-09_12_36_59.thumb.png.462f26f7694c5181ee2499e8182a0c41.png

Edited by efaardvark

Again haven't really done much gaming (depression has struck me). I just started getting back into it.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (Xbox)

Did some minor missions, not much.

The Hunter Call of the Wild (Xbox)

Started in on this game tonight out of the blue. I actually like it so far.

• Friendly 1

5 hours ago, IIVIsouljam said:

As a bookworm, I gotta say that that is pretty snazzy. 😁

I’ve added an aquarium built into the far wall since I took that snapshot so now it is even more snazzy! :D Complete with fish, but I still have to work on the lighting a bit ‘cause it is too dim to see them if they move towards the back of the “tank”.  Besides which all I have is some boring cod that I bought from the village fisherman and a couple salmon from a nearby river.  I do have some coral that I bought from a wandering trader but I need to go find an ocean biome and get a few tropical fish and maybe a puffer or two.  I made the tank big enough for a turtle too, though getting one in there might be a trick in survival mode and a full-grown turtle would be a bit overwhelming in the space.  I might just give up on the turtle idea and shrink the tank if I can’t get the lighting thing worked out.  Maybe some pickles?

Edited by efaardvark

Been replaying Rogue Galaxy on my PS4. ~sighs~ I love this game. So beautiful. If only the random battles didn't drive me crazy >_<

This time I'm winning the insectron tournament that said. I have my game guide (it's gigantic) so I have no excuse. Already started trying to catch some. I just need a few more to fill out my team.

More Hitman 2 today, accident kills only. I've replayed up 'till Haven Island, the final map now, and after I finish the Haven Island escalation mission, I would have pretty much completed all missions that aren't part of Sniper Assassin or Ghost Mode. I think I'm just gonna quit Hitman for a while after this, getting sick and tired of it. Gonna go do some visual noveling instead.

Haven't done much gaming after coming out of the hospital besides a little Animal Crossing here and there. I'm staying with my parents for awhile while I heal after having surgery to remove a tumor and bad gall bladder. So the only system I have access to at the moment is my Nintendo Switch. 

14 hours ago, IIVIsouljam said:

Minecraft always looks like such a creative game. I need to try it one day! Hope you were able to fix the lighting? More importantly, getting yourself those puffers!

Minecraft is one of those games that you kind of get out of it what you put into it.  It is like if legos were a computer game.  Only add zombies because I always play in “survival” mode.  :D  

I’m still working on the lighting.  Or would be if I’d had a chance to play in the past couple days.  Survival mode makes it somewhat challenging too because you have to find and collect resources before you can build with them.  (The other mode, “creative”, gives you unlimited amounts of any material or creature you like.  And no zombies or other hostile creatures to contend with.)  

I did find an ocean biome after a bit of wandering/exploring, though not (yet) the coral-seas biome where one finds the picklestropical fish, and puffers.  The puffers do actually puff up - in a blocky, Minecraft way - but they’re poisonous and they always try to run away so collecting them is kinda tricky.  :)  

The Outer Worlds (Xbox One)

I originally started this game awhile back but just couldn't get into it. I decided to give it a restart today and I'm actually digging it now. 

IMG_5772ef7e-93d7-4bd6-a0a9-72807c3f553f.png.8a23752a89f7ff4cc3f19bd04d237b5f.png

IMG_20200608_221449_802.jpg.e9dbbab55410aff3715c1df3267dd25e.jpg

Animal Crossing NH (Switch)

I was into the whole Cyrus and Reese Anniversary pictures for the past couple of days but now it's getting kind of... eh. I haven't been able to catch any sharks either. 😕

Briefly checked in on my turtle farm.  Look at all the little ones!  Gonna have plenty of scutes before long.

2020-06-10_19_01_35.thumb.png.545d873f3c1fe2c8706ea075e6e9f2ea.png

But I really was just in there to mess with the gfx.  I fiddled a bit but unfortunately couldn't recreate my old "ray traced" look with the updated (preview of) optifine and the old shader.  I'll try again when the final version optifine is released. 

I did at least add a texture pack.  I don't mind the overall aesthetic of the original minecraft gfx but those 16x16 textures had to go.  They were fine back in the days when gfx cards only had a GB or 2 of memory at most* but my current card's got 8G in there.  Might as well use it.  :)

2020-06-10_20_44_03.thumb.png.9963a3755935b1a3b48c08d29992a09a.png2020-06-10_20_45_01.thumb.png.7f32ab3c83de58880dea693fedd632a8.png

*Anyone remember ATI's Radeon HD 5970?  Anyone remember ATI?

Planet Zoo (PC)

Since getting my new PC up and running I'm finally able to play this and everything else without crashing or lag. 

I started a franchise Zoo and I really suck at making $ on it but I did get over $60,000 before quitting for the night.