What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Got my hands on an original copy of Pokemon Red.. Kept listening to the following song on repeat. The one on youtube isn't the real one but is close to it.

Edited by Loli
  • Wow 1

Just now, Loli said:

Got my hands on an original copy of Pokemon Red.. Kept listening to the following song on repeat. The one on youtube isn't the real one but is close to it.

Yooooo that Lavender Town stuff was so spooky when I first found out about it!  Pokémon Ghost Black is my favorite creepypasta period

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, AlwaysSearching said:

Yooooo that Lavender Town stuff was so spooky when I first found out about it!  Pokémon Ghost Black is my favorite creepypasta period

I loved playing clips of it.

Edited by Loli

Spongebob Rehydrated (Switch)

Was able to sit down and play this. Searched everything in my house, the timing scenes are a bit tricky and occasionally annoying but still been able to successfully get them all so far. I also got a kick out of the pictures in Squidward's home. Also was able to unlock Patrick and have been playing as him for awhile. The machines that continually produce robots are downright annoying and every time I believe I destroyed all the machines in the vicinity there is always another one, ugh.

ACNH (Switch)

Created a new character (still have my original character) that will be used when I have friends over but the home will probably be what my fiance likes. 

So far I only have one DIY recipe for the ocean. I'm hoping to get some pirate stuff and Mermaid stuff here soon.

I finished Link's Awakening tonight. Or as near to finishing it as I am going to. Beat the final boss and saw the credits roll. It was actually a lot more enjoy than I expected it to be. Just need to decide on which game I will be actively playing next. Have soooooooo many in my back catalogue though. 

Got a Rune Factory urge recently so I went looking for my old DS.  Unfortunately I could not find it.  I'm pretty sure it must be in the garage .. somewhere .. but finding it would probably require mounting more of an expedition than I'm willing to deal with ⛰️🏔️⛰️ especially in our current heat wave.  ☀️  The DS /should/ have been in the same storage box with my GBA, which I did find, along with the (empty) RF box so I either got rid of it or it is well-hidden elsewhere.  (Or it might have been made off with by a relative, now that I think about it.)So close...

Anyway, due to the above instigation I checked Steam and while of course RF isn't there I noticed that SDV is available for linux.  Natively even.. no need for Proton.  Having SDV on the SSD would certainly make for easier access, at least compared to digging through the garage for the missing hardware.  Portability might be an issue but nobody leaves their house these days anyway.  :D  (Not that I need another way to waste time either..  I'll just pretend I didn't hear me say that.)

So for now I'm still deciding if I should pull the trigger and just buy SDV or make another try at finding my DS.  Not going to get another chance to play (anything) until the weekend at least.  :(

Edited by efaardvark

Spent a few more hours in Empyrion today.  Finally got my build skill(s) levelled up enough to build a vehicle so I added a hangar/garage to my base...

20200717145914_1.thumb.jpg.7b987e58653b324c927548f2043fe1d0.jpg

Then I went out exploring for resources.  Next to building/crafting, exploring is my next-favorite in-game activity. 

I found a bunch of spiders..20200629211752_1.thumb.jpg.b7648cb813f6a4885ad7fe05eac38e03.jpg

some bugs..20200628212411_1.thumb.jpg.363c4e99d655c979e508b9a3c7d77b98.jpg

<= a .... whatever this is ..., 20200717150211_1.thumb.jpg.48354f30137130ed9a748af653afb1c6.jpg

quite a few of whatever that is... => 20200717150126_1.thumb.jpg.dc0237ef095aef5f0a2b5f8cd2e5ecbc.jpg

..and the biggest "pangolin" I've ever seen...20200717151629_1.thumb.jpg.e69c34a16622effac155db67c2d9e278.jpg 

Since when do armadillos have nasty-looking teeth, spiky tails, and walk on two legs?

This is the first time since I crash-landed that I've had a chance to explore any real distance from my base.  Unfortunately(?) the site I picked seems to be a largish island surrounded by water so it looks like I'm going to have to actually build a vehicle to get anywhere else.  That will take a bit more resource-gathering.  This is my first time playing this game so I have no idea what's in the water.  I have been attacked at the water's edge by things coming out of the water however, and my mobility, visibility, and weapon range sucks in the water so to date I've avoided going anywhere that's deeper than my kneecaps.

14 hours ago, Geano said:

Played a bit of Minecraft lovin the new update, and all the new blocks they added.

I explored the update a bit a few days ago and brought a few samples back to my overworld farm.  The new plants do grow in the overworld but the colors look decidedly weird.  Especially that corkscrewy beanstalk-looking thing.. it keeps making me think that it is a creeper every time I catch view of it out of the corner of my eye.  Being able to climb it is handy though.  Kind of like a vine-covered wall, except without the wall.  I can think of a few builds where that could be useful.

2020-07-15_18_54_42.thumb.png.ed6e774e07f41acb867219c2cffa6ec6.png2020-06-25_17_55_02.thumb.png.db6bc34d0c7bc670389a35ebabecbbe8.png

8 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I explored the update a bit a few days ago and brought a few samples back to my overworld farm.  The new plants do grow in the overworld but the colors look decidedly weird.  Especially that corkscrewy beanstalk-looking thing.. it keeps making me think that it is a creeper every time I catch view of it out of the corner of my eye.  Being able to climb it is handy though.  Kind of like a vine-covered wall, except without the wall.  I can think of a few builds where that could be useful.

2020-07-15_18_54_42.thumb.png.ed6e774e07f41acb867219c2cffa6ec6.png2020-06-25_17_55_02.thumb.png.db6bc34d0c7bc670389a35ebabecbbe8.png

Yah I mean it certainly was a interesting choice on their part when designing it that is for sure.

I have building a lot with the blackstone bricks mostly, but still playing good amount with other things.

Did you build the house there on the left, or was it a pwned one?

2 hours ago, Geano said:

Did you build the house there on the left, or was it a pwned one?

I built it.  It is near a town though so I built it in a similar style to the other game-generated structures nearby.

8 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I built it.  It is near a town though so I built it in a similar style to the other game-generated structures nearby.

Yah it looked a lot like a village house. Did you need to scavenge blocks of one of their houses, or did you have them.

1 hour ago, Geano said:

Yah it looked a lot like a village house. Did you need to scavenge blocks of one of their houses, or did you have them.

I don’t really remember.  I didn’t have them but there’s a nearby quarry and tree farm that  I used to turn that nearby town I mentioned into a fortification.  With the new villager dynamics I like building up a town and trading stuff there rather than mining everything myself.  There’s two nearby Pillager outposts however so to build the town I basically tore down most of the original village houses and built a wall-within-a-wall structure around the town center.  Then I threw down a bunch of profession blocks in the center to make a sort of market area and added a bunch of apartment-style housing within the walls where the villagers could live.  (No keep or anything fancy, just 4 curtain walls with bastions at the corners and an inner wall composed mostly of the backs/sides of the apartments/houses.)

Anyway, I did recycle some of the original houses to build both the city walls and that house so that I had someplace to live in while I was building up the town.  That was only a tiny bit of what was needed for the whole project however.  Most of it came from the quarry + tree farm.

9 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I don’t really remember.  I didn’t have them but there’s a nearby quarry and tree farm that  I used to turn that nearby town I mentioned into a fortification.  With the new villager dynamics I like building up a town and trading stuff there rather than mining everything myself.  There’s two nearby Pillager outposts however so to build the town I basically tore down most of the original village houses and built a wall-within-a-wall structure around the town center.  Then I threw down a bunch of profession blocks in the center to make a sort of market area and added a bunch of apartment-style housing within the walls where the villagers could live.  (No keep or anything fancy, just 4 curtain walls with bastions at the corners and an inner wall composed mostly of the backs/sides of the apartments/houses.)

Anyway, I did recycle some of the original houses to build both the city walls and that house so that I had someplace to live in while I was building up the town.  That was only a tiny bit of what was needed for the whole project however.  Most of it came from the quarry + tree farm.

I see thats cool yah I have seen many apartments made in Minecraft some very well done. In this though ya those villages only ever need the basics.

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (Switch)

Got this game last Friday and I'm in love with the game. Haven't had much time for other games because of it, lol. Right now I'm not sure who to get into a relationship with yet. I'm partial to Gray, Karen and one other character (pink haired, can't remember her name right now, lol). The only downside to the game is the time goes by way to fast so I can't do everything I want in a single day.

Story of Seasons: FOMT (Switch)

Finally reached the purple heart rank of Gray and got my fishing rod so I'm able to make more money now (hopefully, lol). 

ACNH (Switch)

I had my first official shooting stars on my island (and I've been playing since release day 🤣). I wished on as many stars as I could.

Well, I never did find my old DS or rune factory/harvest moon cart so I went and got Stardew Valley for my desktop via steam.  There's a native version for linux so I didn't get to test Proton this time, but that's ok.  I just wanted to relax with something simple and not test the limits of computing for a change.  Sometimes too a game without an ammo supply is what's called for.  :)

20200801215606_1.thumb.jpg.06db83c11ee5d72ff69b5bdb1a327ddc.jpg

• Like 2

Decided to go with my fiance for the week so not able to do much gaming with the exception of my Switch.

SoS: FOMT (Switch)

Still trying to get all of Gray's hearts and working on the Harvest Goddess's gifts. 

I finally unlocked the slightly bigger house on my farm. Just have to wait 3 days in game for it to be complete. 

Also not sure if one would consider this cheating but I've also been working the mine trick (saving before finding the ladder then reading the save file after finding said ladder). Easy bells for me and extra supplies.

On 8/2/2020 at 12:29 AM, efaardvark said:

Well, I never did find my old DS or rune factory/harvest moon cart so I went and got Stardew Valley for my desktop via steam.  There's a native version for linux so I didn't get to test Proton this time, but that's ok.  I just wanted to relax with something simple and not test the limits of computing for a change.  Sometimes too a game without an ammo supply is what's called for.  :)

20200801215606_1.thumb.jpg.06db83c11ee5d72ff69b5bdb1a327ddc.jpg

I haven't played Stardew in a few months. Might have to get back into it again. Kind of miss it and a lot of other farming games are lacking compared to Stardew.

I'm currently recovering from surgery so can't play my usual library. I'm stuck with mobile games atm. Any jrpg fans around? I'm wondering what I should be looking at once I can get back to normal. Been a few months.