What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

20 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Think I'm gonna head into to the forest biome in Terraria to beat the crap out of some goblins. 

A game where I get to channel my inner Goblin Slayer? Aww yeah!!!

Goblin Slayer Fans are Loving Goblin's Crown Movie

I think I'm only half way into Goblin Slayer and I absolutely love the series so far. 

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&2 (Xbox

Bought this game yesterday for nostalgic reasons and I totally forgot how bad I am at these games but I still enjoy it (if that makes sense 😅). I used to play all the Tony Hawk games with a friend during my school years before he unfortunately passed away. I hope they also bring back the TH Underground series too! 

• Like 1

Playing Empyrion and the Zrx keep delivering drones containing rockets and minigun ammo.  This one landed conveniently on my balcony.  I didn't even have to leave the house to collect the package.  :D

NewGame_2020-09-12_19-35-27.thumb.png.15c7469c5915326827e1023c7cb8cce9.png

WOW (PC)

First time playing World of War craft and I actually kind of dig it. First mission was confusing in the beginning but got the hang of it in no time. Controls are probably the easiest I've ever come across in a PC game. I might even dig this game more than Fallout 76 and ESO. 

ACNH (Switch)

Fall is the most depressing season so far. All it does is rain, rain, rain. And it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't had colorful leaves occur in the game. Not sure if it's because people are time traveling or what. I heard from a couple people playing the Southern Hemisphere version that fall is literally crap. If it's true I really hope it gets fixed in the future.

ACNH (Switch) 

Actually started working on my island and making it more fall themed. Made a new fall plaid design for my stalls and moved some of my apple trees to make them more appealing as well as getting rid of some trees and flowers since my island feels overpopulated with them.

DBZ Kakarot (PS4)

Finally defeated Dedoria (probably spelled wrong) after a week of getting my ass handed to me. Need to get some more potions now though.

Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

Defeated Madarame awhile ago but didn't play long enough today to find out much. 

I've begun my first playthrough of Eternal Hope. The art style & mechanics are gorgeous. The mechanics are similar to Limbo but there is an added feature that I've not seen in a game before that is pretty nifty that you use to alternate between realities. I will say that if your Limbo game was a bit rusty, the controls can be a bit awkward at first because it uses the arrow keys for movement. I'm pretty sure Limbo used W,A,S,D but I could be wrong since it's been a while since I played it. 

ETERNAL HOPE PC Game Free Download

• Like 1

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

livestreamed Horizon Zero Dawn to get ready for the sequel. Played about two hours today; got up to the Nora Trials.

Super Mario All-Stars: Mario 64 (Switch)

Downloaded it at midnight on the 18th but wasn't able to play it until today. Was able to beat the first boss but cannot play any further because it's already 2AM and I need to go to bed. ☹☹

• Like 1

I took a rocket shot to the cockpit in Empyrion:

NewGame_2020-09-13_17-18-36.thumb.png.fdf4e621696e67f2898283ae6e8cf784.png

For reference it should look more like this:  spacer.png

Fortunately I had just landed and was not in the vehicle at the time.  I took cover until the rocket-shooting ashhats came in range of my chaingun then I let them have it.  Kind of a good news, bad news situation there however because it left me stranded on the opposite side of the planet from my base, in an environmentally hostile area with high radiation areas all around.  (I was there in the area in the first place to prospect for fuel for my base's reactors.)

I did come somewhat prepared however.  I had a portable constructor - aka crafting table for you minecraft players - and the cargo area in the rear the craft was not damaged so I had a few basic raw materials to work with.  With that plus some key resources salvaged from the enemy's crashed vehicle I was able to build a low-tech replacement to install so I could limp back to base.

This is the version that made it back:  NewGame_2020-09-13_17-47-15.thumb.png.5d48a20bf6c16c3d14df66f60d49822b.png

Sadly, in spite of bringing me back safely I had to scrap it for resources.  It had taken thruster damage as well and kept trying to fly in circles on the way back.  :D

ACNH (Switch)

worked on my island some more. Started on an apple orchard kind of theme to welcome fall. Kind of liking how it's turning out.

Otherwise haven't done hardly any gaming today because I wasn't feeling too good so I just did relaxing and slept. Feeling better now though 

Got a new ride in Empyrion.  A bit slower but it has more cargo area (including a small fridge for food and other perishable resources) and should be a bit more durable than the old one....

NewGame-withfarm-200924-1624_2020-09-25_14-05-15.thumb.png.501f1d9c8f1963eee1974836563432e5.png

Going to do some actual (in-game) space exploration with it this weekend, time allowing.

I hollowed out an asteroid mining for raw materials in Empyrion.  It is kind of cozy inside.  My inner 12-yo is telling me to build a base there.  :D

NewGame-withfarm-200926-1356_2020-09-26_15-33-54.thumb.png.d045e6cf8623f7fd9e8566423a109379.png

Oh, and important safety tip.. do NOT fire upon a Zirax destroyer with a shoulder-launched rocket!

Planet Zoo (PC)

Just got the latest DLC for the game and continued building more exhibits and just expanding my zoo in general. My male Indian Elephant is being a bit of a pain wanting to constantly break through any fences I put up for him.

Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4)

My best friend spent the day with me and wanted to play more of MK 11 so I reinstalled it and gamed it up with her for a couple of hours.

Planet Zoo (PC)

Spent most of my time on this game working on the Arctic section of my Zoo. I got most if not all of the staff buildings done up and the food court pretty much finished. Just need to hire more staff and start on some exhibits as well as some more decorating. Been doing pretty well on funds and attracting more visitors. 

Genshin Impact (PS4)

For it being a free game it's actually not half bad. I decided to actually livestream it. Graphics are good, audio is good and seems like the gameplay is spot on. 

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)

Spent most of my day playing this game off and on getting ready for the Halloween event. Planted some pumpkins, cleared out most of the main room in my house, bought whatever costumes the Able sisters had for the day and spent Nook Miles tickets for the extra skin and eye colors. Did some minor terraforming too. 

FB_IMG_1601604184897.thumb.jpg.4c9e2bc5f5a8d78774f5a2cabde965e4.jpg

FB_IMG_1601604187331.thumb.jpg.79487d64ff7b8cfa13840b75241b6ebe.jpg

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 (Remake)

I finally 100% the three modes. I got nothing for it and that's low key kinda dumb. For the ranked, you gotta finish all the challenges as fast as you can instead of having a two minute limit. Kinda sucks that I got nothing from hundred percenting the ranked modes

16017339968392304457010865169316.jpg

Created my own miniature version of Cheyenne mountain for my new base.  The entrance leads to a tunnel that goes all the way through the hill there, and the base equipment proper is built off a "T" intersection in the middle.  Those dang Zrx drones can't get to my core now!  The small vehicle on the front porch/landing pad there gives me air superiority against the occasional wave of infantry too, and I'll probably add a couple anti-personnel turrets at the tunnel entrances here shortly as well.  The solar power is necessarily exposed, but I have batteries and generator power as backup inside the base.  So now I can concentrate on my tech level and gathering resources.  If I can find some cobalt and "zascosium" (wtf that is) then I can build an advanced constructor, which will in turn let me get started on building a capital vessel!  Finally, a real spacecraft!

712531302_HardGame_2020-10-04_00-57-12.thumb.png.811fb97b88e9fbc5c6743df9660f1c94.png

Got "a few minutes" after dinner to play this evening.  Next thing I know it is 1am and my eyes are bleeding.  :D     

Anyway, I did make some progress on my base in Empyrion.  Reconfigured it a bit and upgraded it by adding more solar panels and a mountaintop aerie for my ship, complete with heavy-duty hangar doors so those blasted drones can't knock pieces of it off as it sits on the tarmac.  I swear, I was spending as much time fixing it as flying it.  Also upgraded my base's constructor so I can build better equipment.  Still need to find the raw materials for such however.

1198878611_HardGame-201007-2117_2020-10-09_23-54-04.thumb.png.bf18b615c47c8212d23fd25dc0b46e57.png

Edited by efaardvark

Decided to make a quick run for magnesium ore to one of my previously-discovered asteroids.  On the way I found a place called "The INFERNO Club". 

Security is tight..1610158233_HardGame-201010-0034_2020-10-10_13-47-16.thumb.png.1afa510e96328fe620ad3c925acc2e8a.png

768996745_HardGame-201010-0034_2020-10-10_13-48-18.thumb.png.c54141ab9e15d6d02d17b27b62b4ac04.png But the place seems to have a lively crowd on the dance floor,

...and the restrooms are spacious, well-lit, and clean...1901818274_HardGame-201010-0034_2020-10-10_13-50-46.thumb.png.2e8f8516271bb84b06ce43a6cf3088a5.png

.. And I forgot to pick up the ore.

(Unfortunately, between the virus and my work schedule this is about as close to socializing and nightlife as I get these days.  :()

ACNH (Switch)

Been working on terraforming my island more and adding more Halloween decorations to my home. 

FB_IMG_1602481960256.thumb.jpg.578435835bd0b4bcc324ca2781829215.jpg

FB_IMG_1602481965839.thumb.jpg.905f16b7c25ab06041e6525b8d05a081.jpg

Story of Seasons: FOMT (Switch)

Hopped back onto this game for a bit. Didn't do much though. Just been digging in the mines some more.

ACNH (Switch)

Worked on more of my entrance to make it more spooky. I'm trying to get my hands on the Halloween carriage but it looks like I might have to tt to get my hands on it. Also want to get the wallpaper and flooring for Halloween too.

My Time At Portia (Switch)

Looks like I finally caught up to my Xbox save file. Woke up to two bandits trying to say I owe a lot of money due to your father "owing" a crap ton of debt. No worries there I have Arlo and the rest of the Civil Corps to back me up. I wonder if those bandits are even going to show up, lol.

ACNH (Switch)

Still haven't gotten the carriage diy and I time traveled a bit. Gonna time travel more later today after I get some sleep. I really, really want that diy and AC is gonna make me WORK for it, it appears. Sigh

Digimon World: N.O. (PS4)

Restarting and actually gonna focus on leveling up my team this time. I livestreamed 2 hours of the game and actually got a decent amount of followers this time around. 

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot (PS4)

Played a about 2 hours of this. Found one of the dragon balls as Gohan before Vegeta took it and then it got taken by Freiza. So now Freiza has all 7 dragon balls and then I got left with taking care of the Ginyu Force. So far I have taken 2 down and Goku finally arrived before I ended up having to quit due to having to go back to the real world. 😭

My Time At Portia (Switch)

Was able to get the generator in the cave/mine fixed as well as finding out who was stealing all the residents stuff. He wasn't difficult to defeat at all (starting to realize combat is relatively simple in this game) . I also finally got Arlo above one heart in relatiorelationship wise and did a mission with him (he also came to my rescue when 2 bandits tried saying my father owed 50,000 in debt. Arlo never did mention if he was able to catch the guys at all).

FB_IMG_1602827946814.thumb.jpg.983113e356a35b6261d7e336133d2bb1.jpg

FB_IMG_1602827966205.thumb.jpg.655c15940632b79118e3b12b742be6ca.jpg