What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

So I built a brick in Empyrion.  But it is a functional brick, with plenty of cargo space, a minigun turret, a guided missile launcher, a mining laser, an O2 station, and even a fridge and a small constructor.  I can mod it to make it look better later.  (Needs a coat of paint too.)  This pic was on it's first trial run.  I might have to add some more retro-thrusters in front.  Lifts & accelerates quick enough with empty cargo bays but was a little sluggish when trying to slow down.  I don't want any surprises coming back with a full load of ore from a mining run.

866542030_HardGame-201010-0034_2020-10-15_00-02-13.png.b765d1517dfe7e37067e6ab400b02feb.png

• Like 1

Lately gaming just hasn't felt the same and no games have interested me but I'm seriously excited for the Harry Potter game! :D

14 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Wasn't able to do crap for gaming but I did get this baby today.

You went all-in I see... sweats, case, and everything.  Very AC. :) 

• Aww 1

Slightly modified my flying brick.  Added extra slower-downers* in front, slopes in back changed to curves, couple other minor/cosmetic mods.  Also added a buffer block to the "step" on the sides next to cockpit because I kept burning myself on the thruster housing when trying to use it to stand on while sniping at ground targets with my rifle. 

Debating with myself as to whether I should add a layer of blocks to the bottom to make it more symmetrical by mirroring the shape on the top.  It would look better and add armor to the bottom (which is now basically un-armored and not even covered by the turret on top), but it would also add weight.  Still undecided but if I do go that way I'll probably wind up adding a turret to the bottom as well.  And then have to rework the landing gear arrangement.  This is -supposed- to be optimised for cargo (mining runs to the asteroids for building materials) but the dang Zirax drones are in space too.  It needs at least minimal defensive firepower and armor so that it can take out a drone or two while defending a mining site, or surviving a couple hits as it runs away from a larger group or bigger opponent.

Looking good in black..

718752744_HardGame-201010-0034_2020-10-17_23-04-28.thumb.png.66933e755292c10f9d45575afd6ca8f0.png1370362210_HardGame-201010-0034_2020-10-17_23-16-20.thumb.png.23797c00e19843b592d6d2883bb89bfa.png

*that's a technical term from the aerospace industry.

22 hours ago, efaardvark said:

You went all-in I see... sweats, case, and everything.  Very AC. :) 

It's all or nothing for me, lol. I had the V1 of the Switch and I wanted to get the V2, the fact that it happened to be the AC version was a bonus for me. AC has helped me cope during my past a lot so I'm very partial to the series today. Now my fiance can play the Switch as well (he has my V1 now. Honestly the only reason he wanted a Switch was because he likes when I send him gifts and letters in AC, lol).

• Like 1

Saints Row (Xbone)

I can't tell you how stoked I was to find the original game on the Microsoft Store. I was only able to play maybe an hour of it so far but I can't wait to dive back in. I forgot how annoying being forced to do "activities" were though. 

My Time At Portia (Switch)

The pink cat (forgot her name) showed me where the person(s) who kept destroying my stuff were located. Low and behold it was the two bandits who were caught trying to get 50,000 dollars that my father supposedly "owed" them. I took them out, told Arlo (who wasn't really approving of me handling the situation myself) and went back to doing commissions. I'm sure it won't be the last of those two hooligans though. 

I also got one of the Dee Dee transports done and am working on the second while I wait for Petra to finish researching the bus stops then I need to build and put up around the city. I'm working hard to beat Higgins in my first year. He's such an ass and I just want to see him disappointed, lol. No, honestly I just want him to get off his high horse because I think he could make a good friend if he wasn't so stuck up. 

Haven't done much gaming lately. 

Friday Night At Freddy's (Xbox One)

Played through the first couple of nights. Was able to survive too 😅.

The Hunter: Call of The Wild (Xbox One)

Did a few missions and hunted a few animals. Might do a few more later tonight.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot (PS4)

Defeated the Ginyu Force and went up against Frieza with Piccolo. Now I gotta go up against him in his final form.

DBZ: Kakarot (PS4)

Defeated Frieza in his final form as Goku while the others went back home. I gotta deal with Frieza's pops later because I'm sure Frieza had to go crying to daddy, lol. Now I'm playing as Gohan trying to level him up and some of the others as well as doing side missions.

• 2 weeks later...

My Time At Portia (PC & Switch)

So I ended up rebuying MTAP for the PC since it has all of the DLCs and isn't as laggy nor as glitchy as the Switch version. Only downside is having to redo everything, ugh. I'm so far working on the bridge for the PC version and now I have to work on Arlo's relationship all over again (and that takes forever it feels like).

I'm still going to play the Switch version as well however. 

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)

I just recently started this game and I'm absolutely stunned by the graphics. The only real downside i see so far is that the game is a bit laggy and sometimes glitches. Other than that it's beautiful. Can't wait to dive farther in.

20201124_002836.thumb.jpg.90c938eda5eeb9bb5f1e925f18e41613.jpg

20201124_002853.thumb.jpg.8e9ab35e2785f2f557782428a3044c8b.jpg

20201124_002847.thumb.jpg.708fc71e2aa2e79bb56261c726fd4c1e.jpg

Ooooo.. KIS/KAS*is one of my favorite KSP mods, and now it looks like the actual game devs are putting the same functionality in stock!  In KIS/KAS you can even build new ships in space, as well as repair/replace things like antennas and solar panels.  As long as the parts all fit in your cargo bay you're good.  Not that I've personally ever carelessly broken those during an EVA mind you, but I hear stories... (Ok, maybe just a couple... dozen... times...)

Now if I could just find the time to play.  :(

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/198324-ksp-loading-kerbal-engineers-are-stepping-up-their-game/

*Kerbal Inventory System/Kerbal Attachment System

Edited by efaardvark

Put up a semi-mobile orbital refinery in KSP.  I have a mining station on Minmus to mine the ore already and ideally the refinery would be in orbit around Minmus as well but the design was getting so heavy that I had to launch with most of the fuel tanks empty.  As a consequence it is still in a rather elliptical orbit around Kerbin.  The plan is to make an ore transport for ferrying ore from the surface of Minmus to the refinery as well, but I still need to build that.  When I launch the transport I'll probably launch a bunch of fuel with it, then dock it to the refinery, transfer the fuel, and send the refinery and the transport on to Minmus.  The miner already has a bunch of ore ready for shipping as soon as I can get the transport there to transport it so all I need in the way of fuel for the operation is just enough to get the transport to the refinery, get all those empty tanks on the refinery into a Minmus orbit, and then get the refinery down to the surface of Minmus and back with the ore.  Minmus is a tiny moon so it won't take much to get down and back, even coming up with a full cargo of ore.

Once I get the first load of ore back from the surface I'm home-free.  The refinery can make enough fuel (and oxidizer) from a load of ore to refuel the transport many times over.  At that point it just becomes a minor grind to ferry the ore from the surface as the miner mines it until the tanks on the refinery(/depot) are full.  Eventually of course I'll be using that fuel for future missions.  There's already a science outpost on Minmus as well, but it needs fuel to fly around gathering the science so the primary mission for the mining operations will be to supply fuel to the scientists, at least for the foreseeable future.

screenshot95.thumb.png.22405e5428a5c1cb697f430e41bf3d73.png

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)

Played for about 6 hours today (maybe longer) trying to find all of the wealth. Some of them were in tricky spots that took a few minutes to figure out. Then I went and found Bil's comb that literally had me searching for flipping days until I realized that it was under the water 🙄. I didn't even realize that there were multiple romance interests in the game and she was one of them. She wasn't that interesting to me to be honest and I got the feeling she really wouldn't play any other part in the game except the little house wife and I'm definitely not interested in that (gives me Fable vibes there). I want something more than just a simple background character that says a few sentences throughout the game. Also got the feeling that she isn't interested in a exclusive relationship with how she acts, lol.

20201129_030340.thumb.jpg.7ab34e7c719cad49ea66df40714d4fd1.jpg

I've been trying to figure out how to level up or upgrade my settlement and did some google research. From a few articles they said the same thing; the parts of the settlement that can be upgraded will have an icon on them. I looked every in the settlement and cannot find a single thing to upgrade. Maybe I'm just not far enough in the game 🤔.

20201129_030348.thumb.jpg.a1e868f753daf07325c302910f03557d.jpg

• Like 1

Not a lot..

image.png.f27406d884a21bf49ed7c0b8a9c9a560.png

I did get in about an hour of KSP last week but that's all the gaming I've had time for in the last couple weeks.  :(

(KSP does not show up here because I keep my KSP games in a separate folder from the rest of my Steam stuff.  My KSP install has a number of mods and I want to keep it safe from Steam's update mischief.)

7 hours ago, L Lawliet said:

Also died in the Nether again in Minecraft. It's funny how I can get there, and then... Never come back.

The Nether is a lot more interesting since the update.  Also more dangerous, and easier to get distracted & lost in.

The Sims 4 (PC)

Pretty much spent most of my day playing this game (Saturday). Not sure if anything is really worth mentioning on here, lol. Worked on my teen's grades and started leveling up skills she will need for College to be a doctor when she grows up. 

I don't play Sims a whole lot anymore but when I do play it, I'll literally spend hours on the game, lol.

• Like 1