What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Cyberpunk 2077 (Xbox One)

Started the Pickup mission where I had to meet Evelyn and Judy after talking to Dex in his car. Went through my first Brain Dance and it was a little confusing at first but eventually got the hang of it. Evelyn wants me to kick Dex to the curb and I'm on the fence about it but I told her I would think about it. I don't trust either of them honestly; it sounds way to fishy and I feel like both are trying to screw me over. Also Evelyn's offer sounds nice, REALLY nice but like I said, it screams fishy and even if it was a legit offer I don't know if I could mentally be disloyal to a person who seems to be up front in the beginning. 

Oh and I can't forget about Meredith Stoke (I believe that's her name? 🤔). I met up with her for another mission which I believe was to find that dang bot. Not sure if I can trust her later in the game either. I feel like she's going to turn against me like a snake. She seems like the type that would throw you to the wolves if it meant she gets what she wants. I don't know though.

I'm so stoked I got to meet Judy and I already chose to romance her way before I actually met her (I googled all possible romances without looking at the end result of each romance). 

The Witcher 3 (Xbox One)

Decided to work on some contracts that I had put to the side earlier which I admittedly should of started doing them awhile ago (no wonder I was so dang broke. All the money was at doing those dang contracts). Slept with Keira (to which I don't know if it will have any negative impacts on Yennefer) and found out about her plans which I successfully dissuaded her and convinced her to go to Kaer Morhen. 

I'm unsure if I want to head to Triss's now or wait and do more side missions and another contract or two (I am leveled up enough for that main mission). 

Decided to take a short break on Witcher 3 and play something else for a bit.

Far Cry 5 (PS4)

Yeah I'm doing a replay of this game before starting New Dawn. Wrecked a few of the silos and cult forts. Also rescued Boomer as well as did some hunting to get more money.

Animal Crossing NH (Switch)

After months of having the same villagers I finally let one of them go the other day (Rex) since I have his photograph already. I decided to try my luck with villager hunting today to see if I could find Cherry. Unfortunately after 3 hours I gave up on her but I did find Tammi (a friend of mine really likes her so I figured I'd give her a shot). I'll see how well I like her (I think I had her in New Leaf once but not quite sure).

Stardew Valley (PC)

My farms seems to be starting to take shape nicely. I finally got more stuff unlocked (stone fences, etc). I'm also trying to get my hands on all of the scarecrows during events. And this time I'm also trying to actually befriend the other NPCs instead of just the one I plan on romancing 😅. The farming part however is keeping me pretty busy though (so much to water and I have the beach house so currently cannot use sprinklers). 

Thinking about modifying a town in minecraft that I've been experimenting with.  I like the way it is working, but I'd like to try another level or a keep or something inside the walls.  Maybe go for a few more citizens too.  By experimentation I've found that all the beds have to be within about 16 squares of the profession tables however, otherwise weird things happen.  Unfortunately the way I've structured the town I have all the profession tables in the center of town in a kind of market square area.  Around that I have several buildings that house the individuals' dwellings (and beds).  Most of that area is filled, and I haven't had much luck getting the villagers to use beds that aren't on the same level.  Seems like there's maybe a 5-layer leeway up or down but beyond that the villagers won't use any beds I put down.  There's already quite a few villagers so I don't actually need any more but I'm trying to find the limits.  :) 

2021-02-03_22_51_21.thumb.png.636b23e540601707b6de8220a4d72b54.png

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

Just a couple days ago I'd (re)installed optifine and a shader in minecraft.  Well, today that shader saved me from being blown up by a creeper.  I was on my brother's realms game.  It was the middle of the minecraft day.  I don't know where it came from (as usual) but it snuck up on me and I would doubtlessly blown up not for the shadows produced by the shader.  As it was I spent about a second wondering what that strangely-shaped shadow was behind me.  I got the OH SHIT moment and was able to hit the 'w' key half second early because of the shader throwing the creeper's shadow on the ground in front of me where I could see it.  If I'd had to wait for the "shhhhhh" sound I'd have been dead. 💥:veryangry:

mcshadow.thumb.jpg.29fd208a9f5e9855ba948b5844fde837.jpg

Edited by efaardvark

Been trying to get back into minecraft.  I've been able to find time to install & configure my mods (basically just optifine for a shader, and a higher-res texture pack), and even play a few minutes here and there but nothing like the large blocks of time for big-build projects as I've done in the past.  :'(      

I spent a couple hours exploring in the Nether in Minecraft this morning.  I was there with the intent of looking for soul sand for a project but this was the first time I've spent much time in the nether since the nether update last year.  Even back then I really just built/activated a portal and secured the nether end with a cobble wall around around the portal.  (First rule of Nether exploration.. secure your portal!)  I didn't get a chance to explore much so this time I also did some looky-loo touristing and some path-building.  Found not only the soul sand but also some other interesting stuff.

Spoiler

2021-02-15_11_56_42.png-small.thumb.png.b28c7b7644d58bc9df24ac1b62d40790.png2021-02-15_11_56_44.png-small.thumb.png.59687ef085b7acc892b22a4c453f0455.png

In particular I built/marked a path to a giant construction of some sort nearby.  Not a fortress - or at least not the sort I'm familiar with from before the update - so I spent a few minutes investigating it.  I couldn't find a way in so I started tunneling through the construction's wall and found it is occupied by armed and armored piglin brutes.  They didn't take kindly to my digging through their wall so I had to come back.  I was only in leather armor after all  (with gold boots to keep the natives from getting uppity) and by that time I'd already found the soul sand anyway.  I'll come back when I'm better prepared.  The nether is definitely a more interesting place since the update. 

Spoiler

2021-02-15_11_50_35.png-small.thumb.png.a50b52a03b1c8b2c463b51008b8f8103.png

Since when do 'shrooms grow on magma??...

Spoiler

2021-02-15_11_47_21.png-small.thumb.png.23cccf85695715c6bdefee98b1f86df3.png

Never saw a piglin ride a chicken before either.  Did they do that before the update?

Spoiler

2021-02-15_11_44_24.png-small.thumb.png.57a113bbda6b04979bb574c9321ad2da.png

One thing I found rather annoying was the population density of endermen in the nether.  There were like 20 or so just in the area around my portal!  Might have been ok if I were looking for perls but for this expedition they were just getting in the way.  I may have to make a sortie at some point just to thin their numbers, at least in the area immedaitely around my portal.

Spoiler

2021-02-15_11_36_51.png-small.thumb.png.7bab8e850a495f722a3e8df685072734.png

ACNH (Switch)

I forgot all about the Festival event with Pave the other day so I ended up having to time travel back to do the event. I have to say this event actually makes you work for the items (the ones you weren't able to get your hands on). I'm honestly surprised about that. This is still one of my favorite events to this day. After that I focused on working on my orchard again and removing some more extra trees I didn't need. I also planted more bamboo trees because I have an idea involving a small Japanese theme getaway that will take up a small portion of my island. Finally worked on my villagers personal yards as well. Going to work on some more stuff later today but for now it's bedtime🌙.

IMG_20210216_001646_231.thumb.jpg.e90128182e47a0934c2f02249d325512.jpg

IMG_20210216_001646_345.thumb.jpg.af08f82562123c97e7e0f67e9254cb4b.jpg

Super Mario World + Bowser's Fury (Switch)

Picked this game up Friday but didn't play it until Saturday. A couple of friends and I played together via online and made it to World 3 before ending for the night. 

Haven't done any gaming but did buy Planet Coaster on Steam and the latest map on The Hunter: Call of The Wild. Looking forward to playing both! Just been kind of out of it (on medication for my swollen mouth and ears).

Stardew Valley (PC)

Spent most of my day playing this game. Chopped down more trees, broke more stones, cut more weeds and long grass on my farm. It's slowly starting to take shape but I'll really start to work on it during the winter season. Also I'm close to marrying Sam!

IMG_20210223_172713_432.thumb.jpg.431d651e7de98d21ec6e81bd509ede34.jpg

IMG_20210223_172713_435.thumb.jpg.0ade4c1f015cc0af6713fea99baffac4.jpg

413150_screenshots_20210223165118_1.thumb.jpg.b420d1129b1ba25a87e9f28526e8ae39.jpg

Planet Coaster (PC)

Finally dove into this game and I do like it but prefer Planet Zoo when it comes to creativity. Besides creating coasters there really isn't much depth when it comes to decorating. I still enjoy it for what it is though.

Stardew Valley (PC)

Spent my afternoon/night playing this. Am making a little bit of money now and getting the community center closer to completion (the most I've probably ever done in a Stardew save 😅). Also am now officially dating Sam and I don't know why I didn't choose him sooner. I think there's a little more to do with him than Sebastian and he isn't as depressing (I'm depressed enough as it is, don't need anymore, lol). Also attended his concert.

Story of Seasons: FoMT (Switch)

Got back into this Monday because I'm so excited for PoOT (I've literally been watching the Japanese streams of it because I'm obsessed). I'm dating Grey on this one and grew more crops I guess. Nothing really worth mentioning on this game 😅.

Considering going for the early-access release of Valheim.  Probably should have my head examined first since I don’t even have the time to play Minecraft properly but I am tempted.

Edited by efaardvark
link

Planet Zoo (PC)

Almost finished with the bear part of my Zoo (which I named Bear Country). Just need to add one more bear and then I can work on something next (on what? I don't know).

Went and got Valheim.  Haven't gone much beyond the "punch a tree & gather stone" stage but I did get a small shack built with a bed, chest, fireplace, and workbench/crafting table.  No obvious bugs to report yet either, in spite of being an early-access title.  Might get an hour or two to play some more this weekend.

1211915483_Screenshotfrom2021-03-0322-04-33.thumb.png.5a547aeda5c8676c7c7e77e1cf1f3449.png

Edited by efaardvark

Spent a few hours in Valheim this weekend.  Just getting the feel of it by wandering around. 

2038910020_Screenshotfrom2021-03-0518-01-24.thumb.png.9a71a273a1a411559f7752002d574518.png

Did a bit of sailing around as well. 

2030228910_Screenshotfrom2021-03-0620-09-53.thumb.png.9ea80109c16379b59a43e25b2f676803.png

Found a troll.  Ran away from it.. I'm still using a flint axe and wood-tipped arrows and trolls are huge.  I'm talking like 8-foot ninety... BIG.

1993318448_Screenshotfrom2021-03-0616-28-02.thumb.png.e2a16e090190f5d9eeabbe9ac54ccb1b.png

Speaking of which..  Important Valheim safety tip.. trolls have clubs that are literally as big around as tree trunks and they can smash through solid stone walls with them.

1154431107_Screenshotfrom2021-03-0616-51-46.thumb.png.eac7c61dc62958ab372796f52472c861.png

Go ahead, ask me how I know.  :D  This tower once had 4 such stone walls.  It now has approximately 1.6.. and that's after just two swings of the tree!  This is one place I won't be using any longer... I found it abandoned and thought it would make a nice base but I don't have the skills or the tools to rebuild it after the troll visit.  (Nobody told me about the nasty neighbors before I moved in.)

Edited by efaardvark

@efaardvark Omg that game looks beautiful!!

Stardew Valley (PC)

Been busy upgrading my tools and trying to make more money. I'm only in my first year of fall though so I have a long way to go.

Ark (Xbox One)

Playing this game with two other people and reached level 54. Have a few dinos tamed but still have issues with building fences, lol. 😅😅😅

15 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

@efaardvark Omg that game looks beautiful!!

Yeah, it is a nice-looking game.  Hard to justify spending $400+(++!) on a new card when my “old” RX 480 gfx card can still deliver results like this even on new titles.  

The map is good-sized too.  I haven’t been playing for too long but I’ve yet to find the edges.  It takes well over a game-day to cross just the region of the map that I’ve explored so far.  After crafting, exploring is my next-favorite in-game activity so for me this game is a 👍, at least so far.  Angry troll encounters notwithstanding.  :D 

Built myself a new house in Valheim.  Really just an oversized shack but it does have a nice beachfront view.  It is also has the very desirable attribute of being on the opposite side of the map from the area with the troll.  :)

20210309170751_1.thumb.jpg.93bb70ba9fad67fcb403d81d7ea3c499.jpg 

Being inside a shelter is nice...

20210309164808_1.thumb.jpg.21ccf3e7a91a6d3fc480395ef66a3278.jpg

Then again, as it turned out the location was close to a greydwarf nest.  Such spawners have their uses but are mostly just annoying.  Fortunately they're also easily taken care of.  (Trolls are another matter entirely.  I wonder if there's such a thing as a troll spawner in this game? 😱 )  The house is also somewhat near a barrow/burial chamber.  Not close enough to be in danger but the reason I was in troll territory in the first place was because it was close to an area where skeletons spawn and I was looking for skeletons for the bone drops for crafting purposes.  This is a good thing.  With the barrow relatively close this means I have access to the skellies but without the troll.. complications.  There's lots of boars and deer around to hunt so food is not an issue here either.  I'll probably stay here and use this place as a base to level up a bit.

20210309193951_1.thumb.jpg.3c7d9e3ec662f22bf91f173872526f3a.jpg

If I look across the water on a clear day I can also see land in the distance.  I'm supposed to be a Viking and can build a raft but they're slow and not especially seaworthy.  I'd hate to get caught in a storm halfway across so I don't know if I'll go that route until I can build a longboat, or at least something better than a raft.  I'll see how the "level up" bit goes.