What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Oh no, another troll.Β Β  Gotta figure out how to more easily & quickly deal with these things at my level.Β  I managed to kill one with repeated long-range fire arrows followed by quick runs away into dense trees.Β  Trolls are large so they have to go around or bash through, both of which take time.Β  I can dodge between the trees at top speed so eventually they lose sight of me then lose interest and wander back to where they came from.Β  Meanwhile I get a chance to catch my breath, heal if necessary, and then I sneak back to close enough range to fire another arrow.Β  Repeat until troll is dead.Β  Reliable - assuming a favorable terrain layout - but it takes a long time.Β  I might try a raft approach with this one.Β  Trolls do throw boulders as well as swing that tree-club however, and my swimming skill still needs work.Β  Still not sure what all might be lurking in the water either, and sea monsters do figure prominently in Viking lore.Β  (Think JΓΆrmungandr who guards the boundaries of the world.Β  There's also various instances of ship-wrecking kraken, some of which are big enough to be mistaken for an island.)

20210313190222_1.thumb.jpg.01e84444e14b6aecb5b40354aab62bcb.jpg

(edit: the wiki says there's serpents in the ocean that don't like boats.)

Edited by efaardvark

Conan ExilesΒ (PS4)

I forgot how obsessed with this game I was and how much I liked it over ark. Only downside is the fact that I can't fast travel from one bed to another so I literally have to run/walk to get from one house to the other (I currently have 2 houses at the moment). My 1st house is in the desert which I didn't realize where I started building was infested with gators πŸ™„. However other than that there is a bunch of resources and animals to hunt as well as being close to water. My 2nd home I have in the jungle region which has a lot more predators apparently and of course you have a lot more obstacles in your way such as hills, giant trees, large boulders. It does get a little annoying to go around all those things (because the climbing aspect of this game is still terrible).Β 

One down, 3 to go..

20210315174656_1.thumb.jpg.36f4debe4fa34702e70324aa9a68a39c.jpg

This game really is a good looker.Β  We're not in Minecraft anymore Toto!

20210315211433_1.thumb.jpg.cf28884ba9efe9e790399b4d79facb28.jpg

Β 

Edited by efaardvark

22 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Conan ExilesΒ (PS4)

I forgot how obsessed with this game I was and how much I liked it over ark. Only downside is the fact that I can't fast travel from one bed to another so I literally have to run/walk to get from one house to the other (I currently have 2 houses at the moment).

That's the way Valheim is too.Β  However, the way Valheim seems to work so far is you don't often have to go back to previous areas, so I haven't had to go back and forth much if I establish establish forward bases/outposts close to the action as I go.Β  So far it hasn't been a problem.

The other issue I have with Valheim is the save-game mechanics.Β  You can't pause it - even in single-player - so you have to save and quit if you get a phone call or need a bathroom break.Β  It only takes a few seconds to load a saved game on my computer though so even a full save-quit-load cycle is less than 30 seconds.Β  That's not too bad.Β  The bigger problem is there's no in-game way to have multiple saved games.Β  You have to save, quit, then back up the game's save files yourself.Β  If you want to recover a previous save then you have to replace the game's save file with your own from elsewhere, then you can run the game to load it up.Β 

Minor quibbles both though.Β  Joys of early access I guess.Β  So far I'm liking it overall.Β  It has building, crafting, exploring, lore, and looks nice... what's not to like?Β  No bugs to speak of so far either.

I liked Conan Exiles too btw.Β  I never owned it but I watched quite a few sessions posted on YouTube by "Gaming Mike".Β  I'd have bought it for sure if they'd ever released it for Linux.Β  (Even now I'm tempted.. the protondb shows it having a "gold" rating.Β  That's the same rating as Empyrion, which does work very well on my system.)

• 3 weeks later...

SOS: Pioneers of Olive TownΒ (Switch)

Been playing this for a good while and am addicted to it. The pictures on the loading screen are quite hilarious too, lol. I'm still only in spring and haven't really focused on any of the NPCs. Been working on my farm mostly trying to make that coin.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done a whole lot of gaming lately due to not being home for awhile (have to keep an eye on my step dad who recently had surgery).

Batman Arkham AsylumΒ (PS4)

Defeated Harley and saved Gordan. Also forgot all about Scarecrow so I got lost at the morgue for a bit (this is my 3rd playthrough but haven't played it for years).

The Hunter: CotWΒ (Xbox)

Finally got the bloodhound to help with hunting. Haven't had any serious glitching or freezing like some people have reported happening to them. I have had the dog scare me however; he came running to me and I thought it was a lion (even though the reserve I was on didn't have any lions πŸ˜…).

SOS: PoOTΒ (Switch)

Starting to make decent money in the game and got my first dog (which I named Oreo because I didn't know what to name him). Also trying to befriend some of the residents and working more on the museum.Β 

I have been playing Call of Duty these past few nights. Since it can be played with open mic, I guess that is how my friends and I could catch up while also having fun. After several nights, I was used to playing a lot of mmorpg such as DOTA and Runescape I also play Online poker like Texas Hold'emΒ which i've been a fan of for yearsΒ and Baccarat as well.Β 

7 hours ago, RZ. said:

Finished building this japanese castle on survival (yes I tortured myself)Β 

I do that too.Β  I start a hard-mode survival game then attempt to build some sort of elaborate construction.Β  :)

2 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I do that too.Β  I start a hard-mode survival game then attempt to build some sort of elaborate construction.Β  :)

It's very fulfilling but very time consuming and this one was one of the rare occasions where I actually finished lol

Me and a group of old friends I used to play with had a survival world where we built all sorts of different things. There was about 5-6 of us on regularly and ended up creating a huge town :D

Β 

The Hunter: COTWΒ (Xbox)

I actually got a chance to finally have a day to game and I decided to spend it playing a hunting game πŸ˜…. Most of it was on one map because I was getting irritated at finding practically nothing with the exception of bunnies and a couple of red foxes. Honestly this is why I don't play the game as much anymore because it really feels like after they release a new map they make it harder and harder to find animals on the older maps. I currently have all the DLC maps and the two latest ones have animals left and right.

I can't even find wolves in the Yukon map and there literally used to be a ton now all I can hear are their howls but can't find them. You can't even track their sound anymore. I even resorted to googling their spawn locations and I went to each one and they aren't there anymore. Again, just the howls but no actual wolves. πŸ˜•

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Zila said:

Had some time for Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice. Still cannot get enough of this game.Β πŸ’™

Pre-ordered Resident Evil Village today. Can't wait to play.Β :)

@Zila Oh man, Resident Evil 7 scared the living hell out of me, and I was someone who thought spiders were the only things that did (prior to playing this ofc). The jumpscares, that uncertainty, all of that came together to give me an experience that had my eyes open wide, sweating profusely as I wait for any of the BakersΒ to come at me with either spades, trip wires, or even staplers.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing star tropics onΒ Nintendo. Ive never been much of a gamer but these games are for sure with in my capacity.

Also, tetris on Nintendo might be the perfect game.Β 

Also been playing Mario, but honestly its just not that interesting to meΒ 

ACNHΒ (Switch)

Started working on a wedding venue on the beach as well as worked on more of my Japanese park and camping area.Β 

Pokemon SnapΒ (Switch)

Played a couple of hours on this. Edited and uploaded a few pictures as well.

Resident Evil VillageΒ (PS4)

Just started this late tonight. I am so easily scared in horror games and already I've probably screamed 4 or 5 times in the game. I have not even made it inside the castle yet. πŸ˜…

IMG_20210509_231301_767.thumb.jpg.a01f027eb7d2af6881ca9a6fa1eea8f1.jpg

20210509_232059.thumb.jpg.a9e8ad77aebd16e67b65e14aee5570fc.jpg

Β 

The Sims 4Β (PC)Β 

Spent a few hours on Sims 4 working on a single Sim family. Didn't realize it was past 2AM when I looked at the time. So I stopped for the night to get some sleep.

HavenΒ (Xbox One)

Heard a few times that this was a pretty decent game. I like it but it gives me Genshin Impact vibes (and yes I know Haven is older) but a little more adult version (and it not being online).

Mass Effect LE(PS4)

Been wanting to play this after it came out but life got in the wayΒ *cries*Β but I finally started it at like 3 in the morning (oops). They definitely did some major changes with the female Shepards (they look better and not clunky looking like in the PS3 version) but as for the male Shepard I was disappointed in the customization. The males look rather bland and eh just wasn't really impressed with them. Other than that the game is definitely beautiful on the 4K TV and the characters have more pronounced face expression instead of just blank stares, lol. I have to go to bed now otherwise I would of played longer than I have. I was just so awed -- like a kid would be if they saw a real life Dino or if their favorite character from a show came to life.Β 

Mass Effect LEΒ (PS4)

Recruited Garrus, recruited Wrex, killed Fist and found Tali who gave me the evidence to prove Saren as a killer. After becoming a spectre I found Liara first and now going to see if I can find any more side quests to work on before continuing the main story. Also need to make more credits too.

Mass Effect LEΒ (PS4)

*SPOILERS*

Worked mostly on side quests and helped Garrus kill the scientist who was killing others. I might of messed up by leading Liara on and I hope I don't regret it (I'm still going after Garrus as usual). I figured flirting with Alenko wouldn't be an issue since I've decided he's the one that's going to die this time around and not Williams (usually I choose Williams to die).Β 

SubnauticaΒ (Xbox)

Went and gave this game a try... so far I'm kind of digging it. For the first hour or so I'm not going to lie, I was confused as heck and honestly figured it would be end up being a game I wouldn't understand. I think I'm getting the hang of it now though.Β 

ACNHΒ (Switch)

Didn't do a whole lot today with AC. Just gave out fossils and finally got Filbert's photo (yay). Now I need to get Mira's, Gala's, Dizzy and I think one other who's currently on my island but can't think of the name.

I honestly want to get my hands on the Saniro cards so bad (the legitimate ones).Β 

SOS: PoOTΒ (Switch)

Played this game again today. I've been seriously slacking on it and forgot about one of the DLCs releasing so I need to jump back in. Currently only have $37,000.Β 

11 hours ago, efaardvark said:

nada.. :( Β 

image.png.d68b04083110ff7f69f5b3c5e6254b23.png

Oh I sorry. Sometimes that happens.

Β 

SkyrimΒ (PS4)

Wasn't really in the mood to play games really but was in a voice chat with some friends on the PS4 so I decided to do a little scavenging and hunting. Nothing too exciting honestly, lol.

Didn't do really any gaming but I did pick upΒ Subnautica Below ZeroΒ and I can't wait to play it. I did play a bit of the original not too long ago and I am going to continue playing that as well.

I had to shut down my steam client because it kept telling me about all these special deals on games that I want to buy but will likely never get to play. Β :(