What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

5 hours ago, efaardvark said:

That's one I've had my eye on for a while.  It is nominally Windows-only but the protondb says it is "gold" so it should be playable just fine on my linux system(s).  Except that the anti-cheat borks multiplayer on public servers that have it enabled which for me removes a lot of the attraction.  :(  Probably for the best as I wouldn't have much time for it anyway.   It is kind of expensive too .. well over $100US if you go for all the DLC.  ($150 for the "complete" edition from the Steam store!  😮 )

Damn. I got it all on sale for $85USD on the Playstation Store. 

On 9/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, EnviousEnvy said:

Damn. I got it all on sale for $85USD on the Playstation Store. 

$141 looks to be the current MSRP for the bundle deal of the game + all DLC but I keep an eye out for the occasional Steam sales.  Patient gamers can sometimes get 50% or more off.

Is there such a thing as a patient gamer?  :D

3 hours ago, efaardvark said:

$141 looks to be the current MSRP for the bundle deal of the game + all DLC but I keep an eye out for the occasional Steam sales.  Patient gamers can sometimes get 50% or more off.

Is there such a thing as a patient gamer?  :D

Right, lol. I'll wait for a game but I won't stop talking about it or looking stuff up on it, etc. 🤣

Conan Exiles (PS5)

Expanded the house and added more work stations (carpenter's bench, Forge, etc). Also recently added an animal training pen but unsure on how long it takes to "train" said animal. Otherwise I'm somehow messing up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Conan Exiles (PS5)

Expanded the house and added more work stations (carpenter's bench, Forge, etc). Also recently added an animal training pen but unsure on how long it takes to "train" said animal. Otherwise I'm somehow messing up.

I don't have the game but from what I gather you need the pen but also the favorite food for the animal.  I seem to recall a lets-play where the player was feeding boars with some type of berries, but I'm pretty sure it is different for every animal.  Once they're grown into adults there was a kind of weird (to me) trick to get the animals out of the pen by putting them in the player inventory, then from there placing them into the world. 

There was also a mention of using shadespiced food to enhance the animals' abilities but apparently that's hard to get so the guy wasn't doing that and I don't really know how that works.

Sorry, there's probably a wiki or something on it somewhere that explains it all better but I'm too lazy to go look it up.  :)  hth..

• Like 1

@efaardvark Oh I know... my fiance and I have been looking up stuff for awhile and seems like it's all pretty vague. Also doesn't help that we don't make the game easier by changing the options in the server menu. I feel like it kills the game otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Life Is Strange: True Colors (PS5)

Been dealing with some personal stuff so I haven't gotten very far in the game but what I have delved into I enjoyed so far. I think Alex has seen pretty majority of the main characters by now. I also made sure to check her messages and the app as well as reading her journal entries. The only character that seems to automatically despise Alex is Mac (with good reason I guess since she did punch the crap out of him). 

Played lots of VNs over the past week, as usual. I'm trying not to talk too much about that over here though since I'm not sure if there are that many people out here who read VNs and are therefore interested to read this sort of thing, so I'm trying to keep my posting to mainstream gaming, But occasionally, I guess I'll just drop one or two comment here and there out of boredom.

Let's see... got a VN I ordered online delivered today. It's an otome game, meaning that it's catered for female gamers, but I've read that it can be enjoyed by males too, unlike something that's considered "girly" in America like "Barbie's funhouse" or something. Unless you're a male who's into Barbie. No judgement. So far, the notion that otome games can be enjoyable for males holds true. It just comes off as your average anime harem, except with males. And well-written ones like that ones I bought don't really focus that much on sex anyway, even if some of the implications is still problematic, as far as Japanese stories go (like suggesting that a guy who talks openly about having sex with you makes him just a "lovable goofball" instead of a dangerous creep who should be locked up). God, as a guy playing as a female, I'm honestly creeped out, having finally understanding how a woman feels towards men like that. Japan seriously needs a #MeToo.

Anyway, other than that, I'm also playing five other VNs at the moment, including Kara no Shoujo and Fate/hollow no ataraxia, the latter of which being a sequel to Fate/Stay Night (though it's more like a fandisc than a sequel, meaning it's more like DLC material). Might go into more details talking about them in the future, should I notice any interest in VNs around here.

Subnautica (Xbox One)

Came back to this game today. Finally got a wetsuit to protect against radiation, upgraded the CO² tank and got a scanner. Forgot how much I missed Subnautica.

Farcry 6 (PS5)

Haven't gotten far into this. Just started but my dog ended up having a seizure so haven't had a chance to get back to it. Will soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Death Stranding (PS4)

Didn't do much on here... did a few more deliveries and had to toss a bomb into the water for Fragile. 

ACNH (Switch) 

Haven't played this since the new update until late last night. I did time travel a bit so I could get Brewster today and not have to deal with the Museum being on lock down. I also am tearing up my island more now too; trying to make it look a lot more nicer, lol. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)

Played the online part with my fiance for a couple hours tonight. Made it to rank 11 after doing some of the story missions.

ACNH (Switch)

So I'm not sure if the new ordinances are working correctly or not because I chose the one where flowers get watered and weeds get picked. There are literally still weeds everywhere (because I was being neglectful). Also been working on doing some more landscaping and added new stuff. I'm debating on removing my Festival stuff on my island but still a bit unsure on that. 

ACNH (Switch)

Added more pathways and changed up some of the decorations. I also donated all of the bells needed to open up Cyrus's furnishing business for tomorrow. Planted carrots and potatoes too. I did get the DLC yesterday but still haven't attempted to play that as of yet. Hoping to get to it by tomorrow but I'm so easily distracted lately, lol.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:00 PM, efaardvark said:

That's one I've had my eye on for a while.  It is nominally Windows-only but the protondb says it is "gold" so it should be playable just fine on my linux system(s).  Except that the anti-cheat borks multiplayer on public servers that have it enabled which for me removes a lot of the attraction.  :(  Probably for the best as I wouldn't have much time for it anyway.   It is kind of expensive too .. well over $100US if you go for all the DLC.  ($150 for the "complete" edition from the Steam store!  😮 )

I see

Red Dead Redemption (PS4)

Played online with my fiance and a friend. We finished all the honorable story missions so now we have to gain dishonor in order to complete those story missions. We also did some bounty hunting and I got a black and white mustang finally. 

ACNH (Switch)

Didn't do much on here due to the fact that I was busy. I was able to water my crops and dig up fossils... that's about it.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond (Switch)

Played this for about 6 hours today. I didn't get too far since I've been focusing on leveling up and catching more Pokemon. I did defeat the first gym leader though. 

• Wow 1

On 11/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, Rockey max said:

Really

Yes really. Please stick to the topic if you are going to post on this thread. I appreciate it thank you. 

ACNH (Switch)

Currently enjoying the DLC of the game and the added recipes as well as the gardening. So far I have completed 3 vacation homes today. 

IMG_20211128_000400_800.thumb.jpg.94c10574380f2f37d1ba8bde5d21f8f6.jpg

IMG_20211128_000400_821.thumb.jpg.8b721a1cafd71775c4bdbce75ced2ace.jpg

IMG_20211128_000400_772.thumb.jpg.18fb6f7a4cbe88c749c71586e4ac00ed.jpg

Planet Zoo (PC)

Got back into this game earlier today. Restarted my Zoo from the ground up. Got a few restaurants and restrooms as well as the staff buildings. Now I just gotta figure out what animals I want and vice versa. I don't know where to begin 😅.

ACNH (Switch)

Began decorating the main room for Christmas (I forgot what they call the holiday in AC, lol). I'm so thankful they brought back Cyrus too. Now I don't have to ask to go to multiple islands to get the colors I want/need. I can just hit him up. 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1