What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Life Is Strange: True Colors (PS5)

Found out that Typhon intentionally ignored Gabe's call to postpone the detonation. Typhon was detonating in one area to cover for another and if the one was postponed they would of been caught. Alex discovers it wasn't Mac's fault but instead he had to cover for Diane who is now trying to get Alex thrown in prison for stealing the USB stick unless Alex agrees to drop the search. Of course I chose not to agree. Typhon HAS to go down...

• Like 1

Minecraft anyone?

Logged in to my brother's minecraft realm to check out 1.18 after (re)installing the latest optifine and my favorite shader on the client side.  Didn't have much time so no exploration, but I used up all my string building scaffolds and reached Y > 200, where I was able to capture this drones-eye view of a village I've been working on.  (below)

I think they're going to have to up the max render distance in online games.  At this height people are going to want to see vast vistas laid out before them when they're standing at the top of a mountain at Y = 250.  16 chunks just isn't going to cut it anymore, visually speaking.  That's barely to the foothills of a well-proportioned mountain if the mountain is that high.

2021-12-06_18_52_39.thumb.png.1ce6a1fed395c80f257247795247d021.png

Ghost of Tsushima (PS5)

Started going after the villages taken over by Mongols and searching for shrines.

ACNH (Switch)

Worked on terraforming my island some more. Got more paths down as well as fencing. Also chopped down some more trees. I may look into getting rid of some flowers later on.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond (Switch)

Went back to a previously visited city to pick flowers and plant more. Also used the VS Seeker to battle previously defeated opponents. 

Mass Effect 2 (PS5)

Scanned and probed planets and rescued Jack from the prison ship. I was kind of an ass to her this time around (last time I played the game was when it released on PS3). I also livestreamed this.

• Like 1

Just checking my mod order on Fallout New Vegas, as I am thinking I might begin a playthrough in the coming days. Currently there some weird normal glitches over at Red Rock canyon. It only is present from a certain LOD from Red Rock, up close it looks good. But when the player is maybe six hundred meters in game away from them there's the normal texture appears but the actual texture doesn't. So gonna try and work that out before I start. Other than that I feel the game is pretty stable, it was able to go a full three to four our session of mindless murder hoboing across the wasteland without so much as a stutter, which is saying something for Vegas. 

• Like 1

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond (Switch)

I decided to level up some of my Pokémon that I had kept in boxes and rebattling a few opponents as well. I also picked the berries I planted earlier and replanted more in their place. Before quitting I finally made it to Solaceon Town.

• Like 1

Minecraft day.. (Re)installing optifine, now that 1.18.1 is out, and experimenting with dripstone.

findings:

1.18.1_HD_U_H4_pre1 seems to work fine to get shaders working again.  (see below.  As long as it lets me play with shaders on my brother's Realms server I'm happy so that's all I really checked.)

With dripstone there must be a source block of water above the top dripstone block, then the dripstone block, then a pointed dripstone/stalactite.  Anything else and you'll get particle effects but nothing else.  Once you have that then it looks like any solid block below will eventually sprout a stalagmite.  A cauldron that catches the drips from the pointed above will also be filled.  (This also works with lava BTW, so now there's a way to farm lava.)  The pointed can be broken with a pick, which drops itself.   The pointed dripstone grows both up from the bottom and down from the top.   The longer you let it grow the thicker and longer it gets.  (That's what SHE said! nm..)  Larger pieces can be broken for multiple drops, so you can start with one pointed and eventually grow a whole stack.  4 pointed can also be crafted into one dripstone block.  There does not seem to be a way to craft pointed dripstone.

2021-12-11_10_03_21.thumb.png.3466c25bc709528f898ee82969bd2130.png

1 hour ago, Soramee_ said:

I finally was able to play in ranked on valorant (I had to wait 2 weeks 😢) and got to bronze 1. I love valorant but the only problem is that I’m not that good in this game 😑.

I knew a guy who was always rallying friends to get himself into the Gold Rank. Each time they got him in the big leagues he'd end up slipping and falling into Bronze. I think his pals used smurf accounts to rush him up into the top tier. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

I knew a guy who was always rallying friends to get himself into the Gold Rank. Each time they got him in the big leagues he'd end up slipping and falling into Bronze. I think his pals used smurf accounts to rush him up into the top tier. 

This is sad but at he same time it shows his pals were only trying to help him. but the problem is this guy wasn't improving at the same time so it just make a circle of him going to gold rank and descending to bronze rank 😢.

2 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

This is sad but at he same time it shows his pals were only trying to help him. but the problem is this guy wasn't improving at the same time so it just make a circle of him going to gold rank and descending to bronze rank 😢.

Yeah, it was a status think more than anything. But also so they could all play together, I think eventually the bronze ranked player just sort of excepted his skill level. 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1