What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

My old Radeon RX 480 GFX card is acting up again so I'm thinking of getting a RX 6600XT as a replacement.  The 480 works (worked?) fine everything I do.  It is well supported by the open-source "built-in" AMDGPU driver on my dual-headed linux system and it even does pretty good at 60Hz 1080p gaming.  The 6600xt should be fine as a drop-in replacement, at least on the performance side.  The 6600xt is also well-supported by the driver, is roughly twice as fast my 480 in terms of benchmark (G3D Mark of 15735 vs 8672), only 10W more power consumption (160W vs 150W), and same amount of memory (8GB).  Price is relatively cheap at about $550-650 for a top brand like ASUS or powercolor.  That's more than double the ~$280 I paid for my 480 all those years ago, but at least I also get double the performance .. and a new card that works. 

Of course I'd like a top-tier GFX card.  I'm definitely not going to pay those top-tier prices however!  I can live with double the performance for double the price.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

Rune Factory 5 (Switch)

Watched a few streams of Rune Factory 5 on Twitch which convinced me to buy it just other day. Not too far into it yet but I believe I have met all of the NPCs and unsure who I would pursue yet.

Borderlands 3 (Xbox One)

Restarted it to play the game with my fiance today. I usually play it on Playstation so I'm messing up on some of the controls, lol.

finally made it to lvl 800 in OW (Overwatch) !
I started it when I was 11, now i'm much older after about 5/1 years <[:)

I consider myself a flex player in OW, but I have certain mains in each role. 
Mains

• Moira
  • Genji
  • Cassidy (formerly known as McCree)
  • Lucio
  • Dva
  • Reaper
  • Hanzo

Those are my mains! The game has been mighty fun, although I have raged many times at the game...even recently. 
>played ow for 5/1 yrs
>suffered
>raged
>made friends
>throwed
>gave up
>now i dont take the game seriously anymore

Planet Zoo (PC)

Haven't touched this game since December and for some reason had an itch to play again out of the blue. Continued the same save file and created a new enclosure and placed two Siberian Tigers (one leucistic and the other is normal coloring) in it.

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5)

Helped out Leslie underground from Corneo's palace and found out Leslie had a fiance who simply "vanished". Also found Corneo and defeated his monster rat thing.

11 hours ago, RZ. said:

Finished my little house on minecraft 😄

Minecrafthouse.png

It’s so good! Well done! Minecraft is my childhood game and even thought I don’t really play it anymore it still has a big place in my heart.

• Friendly 1

8 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

It’s so good! Well done! Minecraft is my childhood game and even thought I don’t really play it anymore it still has a big place in my heart.

Thank you! I've built huge pagoda/castles before too but I find I don't know what to do with all the space afterwards lol.

I started playing Minecraft way back when it was still in alpha when there was nothing but dirt and stone, no health/hunger bar, etc. My friend used to bring it on his USB drive and we'd play it in class in high school lol. Amazing how much the game has grown in the last decade.

• Aww 1