What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

6 hours ago, HanaApril said:

I forgot to add that I used to play Pokemon as well growing up and also I've deiced to try RPGMO again since it's a rather a cutesy type game and pretty easy and I think fun to play.

I still play Pokemon all the time even Pokemon Stadium which was a great game for n64 despite having some of the crappiest animations as well as renders of any n54 game. Don't even get me started about comparing to other Pokemon games in this regard. :) 

As for what I did involving gaming today just watched my normal gaming news channels as well as watched more Ni no Kuni.

@ArchieKun Wow that's awesome you play Pokemon Stadium. I haven't played that in a long time though for Pokemon these days I just like playing the trading card game, though it's bee n a long while since I did. Plus with no one to play with it's sorta hard to play it, heh. :? *Thinks I need to go through all my cards and organize them*  @_@

3 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

Wow that's awesome you play Pokemon Stadium

I love retro gaming, and new alike. I am just your simple nerd without a life, but full of love for my my hobbies, and loved ones. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun Oh well I started playing RPGMO again though I need to play it again soon or this next week. I was happy to see a lot of improvements and changes to the game. :yum:

Honestly the concept for Pokemon Stadium was perfect had they continued it as it was would have been good. Even maybe on the Switch. Though even the first Pokemon games for the GameBoy, and GBC were better in so many ways when you consider everything that needs to go into a good Pokemon title. 

Today I am being lazy and just watching somebody else play with Kerbals.  I found a guy that is streaming KSPv1.6 - I'm on 1.3 still - and using a mod called Kerbalism that adds a bunch of "realistic" features to the game like radiation, air and water as consumables, and some other stuff.  (The base KSP game is really pretty easy.)  Kerbalism is available for 1.3 as well, and for a while now I've been interested in installing it, but it changes the game a lot and makes it harder in general so I never quite got a round tuit.  KSP1.6 just came out recently and I've been considering upgrading to that as well.  I figured I'd watch this guy play for a while and see if all that is really something I want to get into. 

I have to say I'm also liking some of his visual mods.  Part of the fun I have in this game is watching my rocket fly through the cloud layer, or checking out the aurora from space, or seeing sunrise or sunset on another world.  I've got a decent enough gfx card so I've bunch of such mods myself.  He's got a few that I don't have however that may be worth a look.  "Realplumes" for example.

Edited by efaardvark

36 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Today I am being lazy and just watching somebody else play with Kerbals.  I found a guy that is streaming KSPv1.6 - I'm on 1.3 still - and using a mod called Kerbalism that adds a bunch of "realistic" features to the game like radiation, air and water as consumables, and some other stuff.  (The base KSP game is really pretty easy.)  Kerbalism is available for 1.3 as well, and for a while now I've been interested in installing it, but it changes the game a lot and makes it harder in general so I never quite got a round tuit.  KSP1.6 just came out recently and I've been considering upgrading to that as well.  I figured I'd watch this guy play for a while and see if all that is really something I want to get into. 

Lol...I do that with Stardew. Watching DF play on youtube is one of my favorite pastimes now. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Beocat said:

Watching DF play on youtube is one of my favorite pastimes now

I do have to be careful about wasting time though.  When I stopped watching old-school TV I initially had so much "extra" time on my hands that I didn't know what to do with it all.  Some time between then and now I figured it out.  :)  My anime (and book) habit already gets a huge chunk of my time.  You should see my crunchy queue!  The last thing I need is to add a bunch of "'Tube time".  An occasional Saturday afternoon as a luxury isn't a bad idea however.  The guy was good enough that watching a few hours was interesting.  I even saw a couple tricks that I might be able to use in my own game play too, so not exactly a waste of an afternoon.

In other news, I don't think I'll be switching to KSP 1.6 and/or adding the Kerbalism mod to my own game any time soon.  There's some nice-looking if superficial texture updates in 1.6, but I didn't see anything that is a must-have.  Kerbalism.. I do still like the idea of Kerbalism.  The current implementation leaves a bit to be desired however.  Maybe later, after a few bug-fixes.

@SanguineTear I only ever played Resident Evil a little bit plus didn't really get far enough in it as well. It did however scare me a lot on one part of the game so.. I never attempted to play it again. :? However I did watch people play some of the  Resident Evil games on YouTube walktrhoughs so it was in a way interesting to watch it.  I don't tend to watch nor play horror types games due to a reason but from time to time I might watch something if it's really more cheesy than scary. Though I do very much adore monster type movies <3 since some are really not scary at all. 

-----------------

I want to play a game right now but I might need to take more time and ease myself in when I'm more ready.  

• Like 1

@HanaApril Which Resident Evil was it~? I haven't played the first ones but supposedly they are scarier.

Yeah sometimes things with monsters or zombies are more silly than scary. To me that is a lot of games with zombies because they have been done SO much. The concept of a zombie is still horrifying, though I think~

@SanguineTear I think it was the first one I'm not 100% sure it's been a long time. I can't watch zombie related shows and movies no more since It effects me bad in dreams. So I had to give up the show The Walking Dead. However I heard it went down hill so there's no loss there really. I can watch Resident Evil though since most of there zombies really remind me of monsters more, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SanguineTear said:

I played Resident Evil 4 a bit with an HD mod that makes it look much nicer than the regular HD version you can buy. Fun to see how absolutely abysmal I am now at it compared to how well I played it years ago~

Haha.. I did the same with Quake 4.  I played the heck out of it back in the day, even beating single-player on "General" mode.  Set it aside for a few years, then rediscovered it after building a new system.  Found out I really, really sucked at it.  :D

• Like 1

As I said before I was not sure of playing any game right now but.. I'm very slowly easing my way into RPGMO. I have to say it's really awesome looking now with new HD graphics and new kinds of stuff to do on it I've never seen before. I did however wanted to start Wizard 101 but the servers were super busy that I never seen before ever and wouldn't even log me on into the world to even start it for the tutorial. ( Since I made a new character and it's also  been a very long time since I played it )  So for now I'll just put the game aside or will try again after many attempts to play that yesterday.