What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

11 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Conan Exiles

That's one I've had my eye on for a while.  It is nominally Windows-only but the protondb says it is "gold" so it should be playable just fine on my linux system(s).  Except that the anti-cheat borks multiplayer on public servers that have it enabled which for me removes a lot of the attraction.  :(  Probably for the best as I wouldn't have much time for it anyway.   It is kind of expensive too .. well over $100US if you go for all the DLC.  ($150 for the "complete" edition from the Steam store!  😮 )

Edited by efaardvark

5 hours ago, efaardvark said:

That's one I've had my eye on for a while.  It is nominally Windows-only but the protondb says it is "gold" so it should be playable just fine on my linux system(s).  Except that the anti-cheat borks multiplayer on public servers that have it enabled which for me removes a lot of the attraction.  :(  Probably for the best as I wouldn't have much time for it anyway.   It is kind of expensive too .. well over $100US if you go for all the DLC.  ($150 for the "complete" edition from the Steam store!  😮 )

Damn. I got it all on sale for $85USD on the Playstation Store. 

On 9/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, EnviousEnvy said:

Damn. I got it all on sale for $85USD on the Playstation Store. 

$141 looks to be the current MSRP for the bundle deal of the game + all DLC but I keep an eye out for the occasional Steam sales.  Patient gamers can sometimes get 50% or more off.

Is there such a thing as a patient gamer?  :D

3 hours ago, efaardvark said:

$141 looks to be the current MSRP for the bundle deal of the game + all DLC but I keep an eye out for the occasional Steam sales.  Patient gamers can sometimes get 50% or more off.

Is there such a thing as a patient gamer?  :D

Right, lol. I'll wait for a game but I won't stop talking about it or looking stuff up on it, etc. 🤣

Conan Exiles (PS5)

Expanded the house and added more work stations (carpenter's bench, Forge, etc). Also recently added an animal training pen but unsure on how long it takes to "train" said animal. Otherwise I'm somehow messing up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Conan Exiles (PS5)

Expanded the house and added more work stations (carpenter's bench, Forge, etc). Also recently added an animal training pen but unsure on how long it takes to "train" said animal. Otherwise I'm somehow messing up.

I don't have the game but from what I gather you need the pen but also the favorite food for the animal.  I seem to recall a lets-play where the player was feeding boars with some type of berries, but I'm pretty sure it is different for every animal.  Once they're grown into adults there was a kind of weird (to me) trick to get the animals out of the pen by putting them in the player inventory, then from there placing them into the world. 

There was also a mention of using shadespiced food to enhance the animals' abilities but apparently that's hard to get so the guy wasn't doing that and I don't really know how that works.

Sorry, there's probably a wiki or something on it somewhere that explains it all better but I'm too lazy to go look it up.  :)  hth..

• Like 1

@efaardvark Oh I know... my fiance and I have been looking up stuff for awhile and seems like it's all pretty vague. Also doesn't help that we don't make the game easier by changing the options in the server menu. I feel like it kills the game otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Life Is Strange: True Colors (PS5)

Been dealing with some personal stuff so I haven't gotten very far in the game but what I have delved into I enjoyed so far. I think Alex has seen pretty majority of the main characters by now. I also made sure to check her messages and the app as well as reading her journal entries. The only character that seems to automatically despise Alex is Mac (with good reason I guess since she did punch the crap out of him). 

Got ridiculously hyped over the Bayonetta 3 trailer. 😍

I've been a huge Wukong fan since forever, and have been following the development of Black Myth. Hope it turns out well! Sharing for anyone else who might be interested. 😁