Is there a character you relate to?

alupacard

Sure, I can relate to the aspects of many characters. Shirayuki's (Snow White with the Red Hair) straightforwardness and integrity, Shiro's (Log Horizon) playstyle, analytical thinking, and evilness (yep, neutral evil here according to D&D personality tests), Keichi's (Ah! My Goddess) kindness, just to name a few. I doubt that I'd enjoy the anime as much if I couldn't relate to the characters on some level.

• Agree 2

I would have to say i can relate a bit with Touka from Tokyo Ghoul,in the matter where she eats things from her friend even tough it hurts her,but it’s her friend and she wants to...just to say,I don’t mean that eating food from my friends is hard(it is,but not the point) but doing things for them and for yourself because more than you wanna,you need it

I would have to say i can relate a bit with Touka from Tokyo Ghoul,in the matter where she eats things from her friend even tough it hurts her,but it’s her friend and she wants to...just to say,I don’t mean that eating food from my friends is hard(it is,but not the point) but doing things for them and for yourself because more than you wanna,you need it

On 5/25/2018 at 11:49 PM, Beocat said:

I doubt that I'd enjoy the anime as much if I couldn't relate to the characters on some level.

Yes.   Even really socially obnoxious characters like Naoki Irie in Itazura na Kiss are relatable on some level, at least if the authors have done their job right.

That said, it would be hard to find an anime (or book, or movie) character that I'd want to use as a strict role model or emulate too closely.  They are designed for the roles they play, and are usually not as well-rounded as a real person could/should be.

If there was ever a character made with me in mind, it would be Jean Otus from ACCA.  Everything from his demeanor, forgetfulness, and intelligence are all relatable to me.  There are plenty of other characters in shows I can relate to, just not on the same level as Jean.