The Siblings of Fate

the_twig

Hello there, we are the_twig, mods of the currently compromised KissAnime forums, and we were bored. Hence we are here.

Yes, we do talk in the plural. That is for there are two of us on this account. We are brother and sister, and we go by the names of Aki and Imo respectively.

As for anime, we are incredibly fond of the drama genre (that is different from romance for any of you who think they are the same. There are a lot of people who seem to), and some of our favourite anime are Princess Tutu, Kuzu no Honkai, Bartender, and 3-gatsu no Lion. We don't read that much manga but we did absolutely adore ReLIFE while it was ongoing (which is a webcomic, but who cares).

We'll probably end up sticking around in the Recommendations section, because what's better in life that telling everyone to watch an anime about people getting injections by a rotoscoped nurse under the employment of a man who is sometimes a child and sometimes a bear in a room with a paint job done by a drunk chameleon. It's called Kuuchuu Buranko and it's great.

• Like 1

Hey the_twig - I like that name.

Welcome to anime forums. I am sure this forum will be a cure for your boordem. As for manga I have never read any so I also am not fond of it myself. 

I have not watched any drama anime as I am into supernatural, superpowers, aura, and etc type of anime. So It would be nice to watch something different so would you mind suggesting your best drama anime. 

Btw your brother and sister in one account kind of reminds of an anime - no game no life. Lol. 

Edited by Part_time_anime

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Oh you both are here lol, welcome 😁

You know us? Don't recognise a username of Viper, but given that you're Irish and like AoT, we'll guess ***l M**r**h?

5 minutes ago, Part_time_anime said:

Hey the_twig - I like that name.

Welcome to anime forums. I am sure this forum will be a cure for your boordem. As for manga I have never read any so I also am not fond of it myself. 

I have not watched any drama anime as I am into supernatural, superpowers, aura, and etc type of anime. So I would be nice to watch something different so would you mind suggesting your best drama anime. 

Best drama anime huh? Well a good one to start with would probably be Planetes. It's about trash collectors in space. Fune wo Amu is also good, but probably a bit too mellow for you to start on. SHAFT did an outstanding job on 3-gatsu no Lion, so that's always worth it. The second season of 3-gatsu has one of the best individual arcs of anything we've ever seen.

if you want to bridge the gap between supernatural and drama though (actually fantasy and drama, but there's magic which is close enough), we'll suggest Scrapped Princess.

• Like 1

Hi @the_twig, welcome to AF! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Ooh interesting to see moderating staff from Kissanime here. Welcome. :)

To be honest I'm surprised you have a forum presence given that last time I checked it out awhile ago, it appeared your subreddit and Discord were very popular.

Hope things get sorted out on the forum - any word on an ETA when it will be resolved?

Welcome to AF. I see Dewgong is your avatar. Is the name the_twig a reference to Turtwig? I love Turtwig.

Edited by Ryuji

8 hours ago, Beocat said:

Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Optic said:

Hi @the_twig, welcome to AF! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Ooh interesting to see moderating staff from Kissanime here. Welcome. :)

To be honest I'm surprised you have a forum presence given that last time I checked it out awhile ago, it appeared your subreddit and Discord were very popular.

Hope things get sorted out on the forum - any word on an ETA when it will be resolved?

Our forums were pretty dead, yeah. No idea about when they’ll be back up. We also mod the Discord though, so we aren’t out of a job just yet.

7 hours ago, Ryuji said:

Welcome to AF. I see Dewgong is your avatar. Is the name the_twig a reference to Turtwig? I love Turtwig.

Actually it’s a Buneary riding a Dewgong. They are our favourite Pokémon for various reasons. twig is actually a combination of letters from our real names, although Turtwig is pretty cool too. 

11 hours ago, the_twig said:

You know us? Don't recognise a username of Viper, but given that you're Irish and like AoT, we'll guess ***l M**r**h?

Bingo lol

1 hour ago, the_twig said:

Actually it’s a Buneary riding a Dewgong. They are our favourite Pokémon for various reasons. twig is actually a combination of letters from our real names, although Turtwig is pretty cool too. 

Ah. I was on mobile and couldn't see the Buneary.

My absolute favorite is Torterra! 

Are there really people who think drama and romance are the same thing? o_O

I much prefer romance anime. 

Edited by Ryuji