Hello hello ;)

As you can see, I'm awesomedude20 :P

Much like the_twig, I am a mod from the currently exploded KissAnime forums, debatably the head mod of said forum, I never got that bit clarified.

Anyhoo, I'll be sticking around for at LEAST a little while, see if I like this place and all that jazz, and if I do indeed like it here, I'll stay even if our poor dearest KissCommunity forum unexplodes.

Anyways, I've always been up for recommending anime. Always have, always will, and with every forum I visit, I see if my greatest creation will catch on:

The Most Extreme Anime Recommendation Thread There Is.

Yeah that's the title, what more do ya eed ;D

Ah and a final note... if you've never heard about a little anime called Senki Zesshou Symphogear, prepare to hear a lot about a little anime called Senki Zessou Symphogear ;)

You don't know it yet, but you reaaaally want an anime where the main cast effectively fists an entire plane of existence into nothing. Yes, this happens.

Oh and uh... can we edit our posts? e.e

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

2 hours ago, awesomedude20 said:

Ah and a final note... if you've never heard about a little anime called Senki Zesshou Symphogear, prepare to hear a lot about a little anime called Senki Zessou Symphogear ;)

Hi @awesomedude20, welcome to AF! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

I'm a HUGE fan of Symphogear myself. Loved how ludicrous the combination of songs, and the cute battle transformations. Shirabe and Maria are my top two favourites. AXZ was pretty good but I think G is still my most favourite. :P

1 hour ago, Ryuji said:

Welcome to AF!

I dropped Symphogear a few eps into season 1. Not my cup of tea.

Ah see thats the thing, it gets a but better episode 5 or so, but what people really like the show for is seaons 2-4, it's just all of the hype ;D

Thanks for the welcome though ^.^

1 hour ago, Optic said:

Hi @awesomedude20, welcome to AF! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

I'm a HUGE fan of Symphogear myself. Loved how ludicrous the combination of songs, and the cute battle transformations. Shirabe and Maria are my top two favourites. AXZ was pretty good but I think G is still my most favourite. :P

We shall be friends I'm sure ;) I'm genuinely stuck between G and AXZ though ;D

And thanks for the welcome ^.^

37 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Welcome to the forums! 

Why thank you :P

57 minutes ago, awesomedude20 said:

Ah see thats the thing, it gets a but better episode 5 or so, but what people really like the show for is seaons 2-4, it's just all of the hype ;D

I remember liking the music. I think my problem was that I had watched too many similar anime and got burnt out. I may try it again one day but not anytime soon. Maybe in the next 10 years or so.

20 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

I remember liking the music. I think my problem was that I had watched too many similar anime and got burnt out. I may try it again one day but not anytime soon. Maybe in the next 10 years or so.

"10 years"

Oh my lol.

Well to get you up to speed, here's what the later seasons are like. They even, to an extent, take the "generic" out of the equation simply by being so over-the-top.

(shit, does this forum have a spoiler option?)

GX Opening Scene

Watching the opening there I can honestly say that I won't like it. Reasons, first the damn music. Sorry, the opening song grated firmly on my last nerve. Second, the character designs are just too "been there, done that". I'll have to agree with Ryuji on this one, not my cup of tea. Oh, and too "Magical Girl" feel for me. Thanks for promoting though, I'm always up for a good recommendation even if I wouldn't like it. 👍

Oh and yeah, welcome to AF my friend. Hope you end up sticking around...😀 

10 minutes ago, Oakmi said:

Watching the opening there I can honestly say that I won't like it. Reasons, first the damn music. Sorry, the opening song grated firmly on my last nerve. Second, the character designs are just too "been there, done that". I'll have to agree with Ryuji on this one, not my cup of tea. Oh, and too "Magical Girl" feel for me. Thanks for promoting though, I'm always up for a good recommendation even if I wouldn't like it. 👍

Oh and yeah, welcome to AF my friend. Hope you end up sticking around...😀 

That's not even the opening theme ;D If you don't like Radiant Force though, that show is absolutely a lost cause for you lol. Though I will say it really doesn't feel like a magical girl show. I mean, it IS, technically, but it does so much shit that magical girl shows don't do I just find it hard to relate them XD No hard feelings of course, I know it isn't for everyone ;)

Thanks for the welcome though, I'm a tad confused about some layout things, but hopefully I'll come to get used to it ;D

1 minute ago, awesomedude20 said:

That's not even the opening theme ;D If you don't like Radiant Force though, that show is absolutely a lost cause for you lol. Though I will say it really doesn't feel like a magical girl show. I mean, it IS, technically, but it does so much shit that magical girl shows don't do I just find it hard to relate them XD No hard feelings of course, I know it isn't for everyone ;)

Thanks for the welcome though, I'm a tad confused about some layout things, but hopefully I'll come to get used to it ;D

I've been here for a minute and barely have a grasp on the layout design so all I can say there, good luck and godspeed. 😁

4 hours ago, awesomedude20 said:

Oh yeah. Is there a character limit on posts here? I mean. I could see for myself, but that'd be messy, and I'd prefer not to lol.

No character limit that I know of.

As for spoiler tags, it's

[spoiler*] [/spoiler*] (without *)

Looks like this:

Hi

Edited by Ryuji

45 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

No character limit that I know of.

As for spoiler tags, it's

[spoiler*] [/spoiler*] (without *)

Looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

Hi

Standard BBcode then? That's easy enough to work with.

Hey awesomedude! They've got font size 72! No longer will we be trapped to the meagre size of 7!

1 hour ago, the_twig said:

Standard BBcode then? That's easy enough to work with.

Yep.

Also, images and videos automatically embed.

13 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Awesome, dude! Glad to have you. Hope you like us, too. :D

You have my interest, sir. I must now see this recommendation thread of most extremeness. Please do not disappoint me. Or I will cry. You don't want me to cry, right? Right?

Nobody above seems to have answered this but, you can edit up to a certain point. I haven't paid enough attention to it yet, so I'm not certain of the exact amount of time you have, but after a while your post is no longer able to be edited. If you have edits to make, you should make them as soon as you can. I'm sure @Optic can weigh in on this better. :)

I'll try not to disappoint ;) feel free to ask me for recs any time btw, before I get that extreme thread going XD