Jump to content
Sasazaki Chan

So.. does anyone drink?

Recommended Posts

Hello Anime Forums,

   I'm writing this whilst I'm drunk. And "why do I use the whimsically archaic past-tense conjugated form of "while" I wonder" you may ask. It's because by the time you read this I'll be sober but the real question is, does anyone here drink? No need to fixate on the clause preceding the previous clause. My real question is: does anyone here drink sake? There's this Japanese restaurant right next to my house where I want to drink hot sake as they serve it. I can't now because, evidently, I'm drunk and as a responsible adult, I'll wait, but is there anyone who drinks Japanese liquor? If so what type? I want to try new ones besides Asahi, Sapporo, and Ichiban (btw Ichiban is grosss imho). xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer shots and shooters myself. Tend to make my own (I have practically the breadth of a liquor store in my home). I do have a bottle of Japanese whiskey on the counter. It is...of similar taste to my meteorite vodka lol.....  reserved for when I get a good buzz from my shots and I mind the acetone taste less lol.....

 

I don't drink much at all anymore. A glass here and there, every three or four months maybe. I used to be so stressed from work it would take well over 18 shots just to make me feel buzzed. Now half a shot will do it lol. Better for my liver this way I'm sure. 

 

I hope you are drinking to celebrate and not to forget something....

Edited by Beocat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beocat said:

I prefer shots and shooters myself. Tend to make my own (I have practically the breadth of a liquor store in my home). I do have a bottle of Japanese whiskey on the counter. It is...of similar taste to my meteorite vodka lol.....  reserved for when I get a good buzz from my shots and I mind the acetone taste less lol.....

 

I don't drink much at all anymore. A glass here and there, every three or four months maybe. I used to be so stressed from work it would take well over 18 shots just to make me feel buzzed. Now half a shot will do it lol. Better for my liver this way I'm sure. 

 

I hope you are drinking yo celebrate and not to forget something....

My drinking is of celebratory concerns, thank you:D

I envy you that you have 'the breadth of a liquor store in your home.' That's really cool! and tbh I had no idea the Japanese even made whiskey for some reason Lmao, I must've not been paying attention to anything at all as of lately Lol. and meteorite vodka? lol sounds kinda interesting! But ya, I'm happy it takes less for you to get drunk, the liver is important Lol

 

And it's rare I drink as well. I'm actually getting better at controlling myself while I'm drunk somehow. :0 !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outerspace-Vodka.jpg?fit=750,679

 

@Sasazaki Chan Outer Space Vodka. Filtered through meteorites, I think. I saw the bottle and being the Space fan that I am, had to have it. It is definitely a conversation started, even if it tastes...bad (to me anyways).

Edited by Beocat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually don't drink, but when I do there's two types of beverages I imbibe.

Firstly, Honey Mead. The sweet unadulterated flavor just feels like pure heaven on your tongue. Ironically, this drink is so delicious that one can get quite inebriated whilst they doth drink it, for they doth not know that they hath reached their limits until the retch their innards. 🤩

The second drink that I partake of is Sake. Yes, the flavors that the wine boasts is only second to none. This is one drink that I, unlike the mead in which I swill like a starving kid in a candy store, will take my time and enjoy quite thoroughly, letting every bit of the flavor and aroma wash over my tongue until it finds itself warming my belly. However I find myself drinking this fine liquor alone since none that I know are transcended enough to enjoy it. 🤨

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sasazaki Chan said:

Hello Anime Forums,

   I'm writing this whilst I'm drunk. And "why do I use the whimsically archaic past-tense conjugated form of "while" I wonder" you may ask. It's because by the time you read this I'll be sober but the real question is, does anyone here drink? No need to fixate on the clause preceding the previous clause. My real question is: does anyone here drink sake? There's this Japanese restaurant right next to my house where I want to drink hot sake as they serve it. I can't now because, evidently, I'm drunk and as a responsible adult, I'll wait, but is there anyone who drinks Japanese liquor? If so what type? I want to try new ones besides Asahi, Sapporo, and Ichiban (btw Ichiban is grosss imho). xD

Absolutely not, I'm not into it. I'm not a fan of losing balance, consciousness, sober thinking, and I can have as much fun or more without the need of getting drunk.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I smoke ganja time to time with friends. It has a similar effect. If you don’t know what it is then it’s best you don’t. If you know what is then also good you know. But this does not make me a smoker as I don’t smoke. I only smoke in parties which is rare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roxeg said:

Absolutely not, I'm not into it. I'm not a fan of losing balance, consciousness, sober thinking, and I can have as much fun or more without the need of getting drunk.

For me it isn't about fun, it is about relaxing and I never drink enough to lose balance or affect my ability to make decisions. From a pharmacodynamic perspective, ethanol is a unique drug in that smaller doses will cause stimulatory effects (increased energy, mood, higher thinking abilities), though increasing doses cause depressive effects (decreased energy, mood, confusion, interference with motor skills, lowered respiration and possible loss of consciousness). Because it doesn't take much to pass that sweet zone, most novice drinkers usually end up way beyond it where the negative effects are their entire experience. Moderation and taking it slow is how it is meant to be. ;) still, to each their own.

Edited by Beocat
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Beocat said:

For me it isn't about fun, it is about relaxing and I never drink enough to lose balance or affect my ability to make decisions. From a pharmacodynamic perspective, ethanol is a unique drug in that smaller doses will cause stimulatory effects (increased energy, mood, higher thinking abilities), though increasing doses cause depressive effects (decreased energy, mood, confusion, interference with motor skills, lowered respiration and possible loss of consciousness). Because it doesn't take much to pass that sweet zone, most novice drinkers usually end up way beyond it where the negative effects are their entire experience. Moderation and taking it slow is how it is meant to be. ;) still, to each their own.

Ya, I'm a novice drinker and I pretty much did exactly what you said. Today is about living with what had occurred yesterday and swallowing whatever drunk pride I may have had. :c

2 hours ago, Part_time_anime said:

I smoke ganja time to time with friends. It has a similar effect. If you don’t know what it is then it’s best you don’t. If you know what is then also good you know. But this does not make me a smoker as I don’t smoke. I only smoke in parties which is rare. 

I see what you mean. You're not a smoker as you don't smoke, you do it from time to time. I'm not an alcoholic because I don't drink incessantly. It's a good point and is applicable in many cases. I've actually never smoked in my entire life. Lol

It's just not my thing ya know?

13 hours ago, Beocat said:

Outerspace-Vodka.jpg?fit=750,679

 

@Sasazaki Chan Outer Space Vodka. Filtered through meteorites, I think. I saw the bottle and being the Space fan that I am, had to have it. It is definitely a conversation started, even if it tastes...bad (to me anyways).

In addition, that outer space vodka looks sick! I would like to try it because it's green at looks really cool xD

I'm also a space fanatic so it's inevitable I try it at least once in my life. I'll take your word for the flavor but I still want to try it so I can tell people that I have had the privilege of drinking vodka potentially filtered through meteorites xP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Part_time_anime said:

I smoke ganja time to time with friends. It has a similar effect. If you don’t know what it is then it’s best you don’t. If you know what is then also good you know. But this does not make me a smoker as I don’t smoke. I only smoke in parties which is rare. 

I do also, although mostly as a relaxing activity. I don't often share, nine times out of ten I'm probably watching anime while I do lol.

I've partaken once at a party, in which alcohol was also served, and the effect was memorably awful and I learned my lesson to never mix alcohol with anything else. It's the worst seriously don't. 

edit: I should probably clarify, I'm not someone who picked it up out of nowhere. My family is and always has been very green-friendly and it's more of a family tradition in my case. It was always a part of any family gathering, few and far between as they are now. I get to see my mother usually only once a year at this point and it's one of the many things we do to bond. So please don't jump to any harsh conclusions with me. I am still a responsible adult and in no way does this define me.

Edited by Wedgy
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I had alcohol was a sip of beer from my dad when I was 13. After hearing all the talk in health class about how bad it is I just never got the appeal, even though it is fine in moderation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m too young to drink, but many of the adults in my family prefer white wine, beer, or sake. I have a feeling I’ll like red wine, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to get drunk but I don’t like the taste of any alcohol except a “coctail” from my country which we call bambus it’s a mix of cola and black wine 50/50 and gemist which is a mix of mineral water(or however you call water with bubles) and white wine also 50/50,at first you think it’s not hitting you and you can drink it a lot but then when it hits you,it hits you and the best thing is you usually don’t have a hangover (or maybe that’s because I’m still only 19) but even my parents don’t get hangover (if it’s good wine,ofc). Oh,btw. I said I don’t like the taste of alcohol but that ,sadly,doesn’t stop me.☹️

 

Also,I did try sake but I really didn’t like it,like,I couldn’t even swallow it. 

Edited by EvilRedDwarf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of those moments where I'm not sure if I should be proud of the fact that I chose to be straight edge 8 years ago, or if I should feel awkward because there is very little I can add to a conversation when it becomes about alcohol. I'm glad I chose to be straight edge, but at the time I didn't realize how much conversation there would be for adults concerning alcohol, so i also feel somewhat left out. It's an odd feeling honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RepentantSky said:

This is one of those moments where I'm not sure if I should be proud of the fact that I chose to be straight edge 8 years ago, or if I should feel awkward because there is very little I can add to a conversation when it becomes about alcohol. I'm glad I chose to be straight edge, but at the time I didn't realize how much conversation there would be for adults concerning alcohol, so i also feel somewhat left out. It's an odd feeling honestly. 

I don’t think you are missing a lot,coming from a family that is cursed with alcoholism from generation to generation and seeing some really good people ruining their life just for a sip of alcohol I actually really admire you.

 

And the fact that you can’t add a lot to that,well you can always talk about your friends who get drunk,it’s always funny seeing that and then telling them day after what they did,so funny.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly I'm underage for drinking and in my current state of mind I'd never drink and plan to keep it that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SoullessMarshmallow said:

I’m too young to drink, but many of the adults in my family prefer white wine, beer, or sake. I have a feeling I’ll like red wine, though!

Make sure you don't buy cooking wine ^ ^

I haven't tried any red wine because I don't know anything about it and I'm scared I'm going to buy cooking wine. I don't know if it's labeled on the bottle or anything and I honestly haven't even checked for it at all because my sights are set on beer and sake. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never had sake, who knows if I’d like it or not! I would be inclined to try it, but I hardly ever drink nowadays (like once every four months or so)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had Cherry Sake once. Some people have higher tolerance for alcohol, as for social drinking I have never been on for that. The bottles are nice for display in the living room or a cabinet. As for people who might drink 6-packs that is not to my taste. I find that cheap alcohol is kind of gross.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

of course I don't, I'm not even of legal age to drink hahahahahaha its not like I get drunk in my apartment alone like every night haha that'd be crazy.

It'd be crazy if I'm the best drunk ever and I was like a lot of fun.

Message me tonight and find out!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ehh, drinking is one of those things where its a hit or a miss for me. if I find something I like, I'll have a good o'll swig every now and then (Maybe 1 or two every few months, especially If I'm out anywhere with buds, or at a meeting... meetings are weird ;) )

 

 

Regardless though, I am no connoisseur of alcohol by any stretch of the imagination. My non-existant specialties will always remain in variations of tea, I suppose ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to drink a lot yes. I learned early on that beer with a few exceptions now, and then is not for me. I drink once, or twice a month these days. The past few days it has been a little more because I saw something at the store I wanted to try for a while, and finally went for it. My fav is tequila, but rum as well as whiskey is good too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learned how to drink when I was already working, but just during occasions. Although, ever since I went here in France, I can say I drink most often than I used to. It's because of the culture here. Before meals, they have apperitif which involves alcohol. Even the main plate, they still drink wine. But now, I'm trying to lessen my alcohol consumption here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, piiachu said:

I learned how to drink when I was already working, but just during occasions. Although, ever since I went here in France, I can say I drink most often than I used to. It's because of the culture here. Before meals, they have apperitif which involves alcohol. Even the main plate, they still drink wine. But now, I'm trying to lessen my alcohol consumption here.

Oh most defiantly America has a horrible hold out till your 20s till you drink culture causing so many issues. Need I say more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Oh most defiantly America has a horrible hold out till your 20s till you drink culture causing so many issues. Need I say more.

Definitely, it creates more issues! Haha. But it's just so funny how they're so strict with alcohol but not with guns 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!
×
×
  • Create New...