Wedgy

Do you collect figurines?

I was about to order a new figure/statue/whatever you might call it, and I thought to myself "I wonder what cool stuff everyone else has?" I have a lot myself, if you were to count all of my little gargoyles and dragon eggs that I collect. So I'll just share my vinyls (minus my ponies... I have a lot.)

20180529_101810.png.07ab91ee3619231d79f52be009073008.png

I love this little Brotherhood of Steel fellow, I move him around sometimes but he mostly chills around the xbox and router/hard drive.

20180529_101919.png.eb1fcd5111b10a37544e7681d60549ca.png

Kind of cheating because these actually are my boyfriend's, but here's lil Joker, Cap, Harry, and Groot. Harry has issues standing up, maybe his bones disappeared again...

20180529_102141.png.2253e9a3bb8fb118eb38d78e49914d1c.png

My newest addition! Kindred! She's so lovely and keeps my sleepy 'goyle company at the desktop computer.

I've been wanting to get an anime-themed figurine because I don't have one yet... just don't know what to get yet. ;_; Let me see your vinyls/etc!

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Dragon eggs? I’d like to see those @Wedgy :) 

• Like 1

I actually used to collect....not so much anymore.  I have a few big First 4 Figures Statues....  Hmmm...Link on Epona, Midna on Wolf Link, the Vyse Statue for Skies of Arcadia....if I ever bought another it would be the Arwing from Starfox.  Then I have a few smaller statues (Flash vs Gorilla Grodd, The Alter statues of Rita and Raven from Tales of Vesperia, Catwoman, a few Sailor Moon statues that I've put up recently (and on that note, Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho got put up too...both Kuramas lol)....), my zoids kits....

So, I used to collect a lot but the past few years I really slowed down.  I've spent the past 10 years really shifting my focus towards artwork (lithographs, giclees, artist alley works and so forth) that I can frame and put on my walls.  I have far more than I will ever have on my walls (until I get comfortable hanging heavy things on a ceiling incline) and I tend to change them out from time to time whenever the mood suits me so that isn't a bad thing.  When my phone is charged up again, I might take some pictures to post up here of what my collection looks like right now.  I definitely don't have everything up.

I still collect anime and video games (though video games to a lesser extent...I talked it over with a friend...now that we own most of what we were chasing after, the thrill of the chase is disappearing...now I get to sit back and just enjoy it all).  Right now I'm kind of halted completely in the collecting...  I want to spend some time reorganizing my life first and getting some of my priorities in order before I disperse my focus again.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 2

Well I guess I had a transformer which could turn into a car when I was like 7 I had it.  Does that count. Lol. 

Edited by Part_time_anime
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Kohloo said:

Dragon eggs? I’d like to see those @Wedgy :) 

Unfortunately I have just one left in my house while the rest I have given to my mother. She likes them, too. 

IMG_3554.jpg.5a43e927399fc01345e8a6b7109538e9.jpg

Here's one of them I gave to her that I still had a picture of. I'll see if she wouldn't mind sending me pics of the rest of them. There should be pink and gold hatchlings as well.

20180529_194920.jpg.1b7d6fdbd065865d98fd06c2ef58042f.jpg

And here is the one I kept. Bonus incense Ent behind her lol I don't use it to burn because when incense burners don't lie down flat they tend to leave a big mess I don't feel like cleaning. Besides I have a different one I use. I think you've met my gargoyles in some other thread somewhere. :P 

7 hours ago, Beocat said:

I actually used to collect....not so much anymore.  I have a few big First 4 Figures Statues....  Hmmm...Link on Epona, Midna on Wolf Link, the Vyse Statue for Skies of Arcadia....if I ever bought another it would be the Arwing from Starfox.  Then I have a few smaller statues (Flash vs Gorilla Grodd, The Alter statues of Rita and Raven from Tales of Vesperia, Catwoman, a few Sailor Moon statues that I've put up recently (and on that note, Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho got put up too...both Kuramas lol)....), my zoids kits....

So, I used to collect a lot but the past few years I really slowed down.  I've spent the past 10 years really shifting my focus towards artwork (lithographs, giclees, artist alley works and so forth) that I can frame and put on my walls.  I have far more than I will ever have on my walls (until I get comfortable hanging heavy things on a ceiling incline) and I tend to change them out from time to time whenever the mood suits me so that isn't a bad thing.  When my phone is charged up again, I might take some pictures to post up here of what my collection looks like right now.  I definitely don't have everything up.

I still collect anime and video games (though video games to a lesser extent...I talked it over with a friend...now that we own most of what we were chasing after, the thrill of the chase is disappearing...now I get to sit back and just enjoy it all).  Right now I'm kind of halted completely in the collecting...  I want to spend some time reorganizing my life first and getting some of my priorities in order before I disperse my focus again.

I would kill to see your Zelda statues. *_* Got any pics of your collection @Beocat?

I'm not a considerably active collector either, but I've gathered enough little things throughout the years that my house has a bit of character to it. My boyfriend is more of the art collector. He took up half the wall by our snow door (called such because the other one is too hard to open in the winter,) and hung up several prints. Things like Ninja Turtles, Dragonball, Arrow. I think I'm influenced a lot by my mother's tastes. She collects weird bohemian stuff like nude mermaid paintings and hand-blown glass bongs. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

@Wedgy  Well, now that I've had a nap (I'm a night owl but I had to cat-sit today so no daytime sleep for me) and gone to the movies with my husband, I took lots of pictures of what I have up and got them as small as feasible so hopefully I'm not slowing anyone's browser down here.  I'm going to go ahead and just say that my collection currently is not very organized.  I was cleaning up, putting stuff up (and pulling other stuff out) recently and never got to finish, so my desk and the room is a mess.  Please ignore the mess if you see one in these photos.  I don't really have a steady hand with my phone either so some of the pics might be a bit blurry...sorry about that.  I deleted the worst offenders. 

2.jpeg.ac7f86c7dcfc68b4170ec356cc139004.jpeg

So this is my Alice giclee.  My gameroom/office is upstairs so this is positioned at the top of the stairway. I love it for it's darkness and depth, and subtle refinement.  It's a good statement piece for people first entering my sacred space.

1.jpeg.1acc93ea9e766d3616438f820255d0bd.jpeg

This is my Mass Effect 2 huge lithograph, definitely one of my favorite pieces.  I want to eventually hang it on the incline but I haven't quite managed to get the courage to do it (let's face it, if it falls off the ceiling, I can't replace it).  It is huuuuge.  I can't remember what number it was.  I'm sure I have a file around here where I wrote them all down.  I still wish Mordin had a bigger part of the image...  Beneath it, or rather in front of it, is a Tokyo Ghoul wall scroll I got at the last con I went to.  Still wrapped up....got it as a bonus free item...at this rate, it'll never get put up on the wall.

23.jpg.228962b0d230015ac46874ea6fd50b71.jpg24.jpg.fac44897a8d1bea286454ba88316a317.jpg25.jpg.239943156f7a6b3ef7637c71f2126719.jpg

Bad pictures here I know.  Behind all that is my desk (full of papers and whatnot.  I swear tomorrow I will spend at least an hour cleaning it off again) and on the right forward corner of my desk is my Midna on Wolf Link Statue.  Now, they did make a limited edition version where Midna's hair would light up, but I did not splurge on that edition.  Honestly, this one is fine for me.  It is a perfect fit for my desk and brings a little bit of fun and good memories to the trudgery of work and paying bills.  :)  First 4 Figures always makes extremely detailed statues (and big and heavy.  These are all 20-25 pounds minimum.) but they come with certificates of authenticity to help maintain their value for collectors.  This is probably my favorite of my First 4 statues.

7.jpg.fcec9bf84c9235bda1894905bf9ce18e.jpg9.jpg.794dfe7417de11a3fa16a238f883078b.jpg10.jpg.826c97b43bc6d28f008c3da51e5315eb.jpg

Across the room is my bookshelf with my Link on Epona statue (First 4 Figures again).  For a long while, he was by my Star Wars giclee but my cats kept trying to impale themselves on his sword to get in that last ray of sunshine in the evening so he eventually found his way over here (after going 2 years without his sword arm lol... It is detachable for transportation so it didn't harm him to have it removed.).  He has a pretty good spot actually.  He shares it with my Peds clinic collection (stuffed animals I brought to my pediatric clinic job to help the kids feel better (and oftentimes the parents too)).  Those bring back good memories and it's a good reminder of why I keep working hard.  The limited edition version of this one was copper or brass....(as in all metallic) I personally prefer this version.  It is without a doubt the single most expensive collectors item I have ever bought (at ~$800).  My Vyse Statue is downstairs, awaiting a time when I will have a spot for him (and I think I do....I'm sizing up the perfect spot right now).

4.jpg.ea0e71804240de31dced1b1cb3321f10.jpg

Then below Link on Epona is one of my Kurama figures/statues from Yu Yu Hakusho.  He got moved to the bookshelf this past year when I was reorganizing.  It isn't a bad spot for him.  My completed Liger Zero Zoids are below him. 

6.jpg.a936cefa20028dce5607b46deb0f6f4c.jpg

A close up of Kurama at a probably bad angle lol...

5.jpg.910620417758d5eed61607547408e4c6.jpg

Now, Liger Zero is my favorite Zoid and these kits are fully articulating (as in, you can move the weapons out and the legs just as the Zoid could.  That being said, some parts might fall off if you aren't careful (the piece snap on.  Those who build models from kits will understand what I'm saying here.  You could glue some of them on but the articulating ones you wouldn't want to).  I usually let them be once I place them (any time I touch them I'll spend literal hours either trying to put a piece back on or trying to get them standing or in still-motion correctly...it is a huge headache and neck ache so I just hope I never have to).  They used to be on a bookshelf behind my desk but I didn't really look at them much there (sad, but true) so I moved them out to the middle of the room for more exposure (and spent 3 hours scouring my carpet for 2 tiny pieces that fell off then figuring out where they were supposed to go on the Zoid after that...). 

26.jpg.726e5d8725a80b7efc9ab6a647603cd5.jpg

Now this kit I have yet to get around to putting together.  I usually save these for when I'm home on a stay-cation for a week or two and the weatherman is calling for nonstop rain throughout my stay (I can put one together in about 12-16 hours depending on how I'm feeling that day, but I prefer to do it over a few days so I don't give myself a headache).  I'm missing the Panzer kit...kind of wish I had it (I had the opportunity but talked myself out of it).  But, you get wiser from your regrets I suppose.  By the way....these kits are entirely in Japanese. I don't read Japanese writing....I have to look at the pictures and figure things out lol.  It isn't too hard once you get used to it but man...it would help to be able to read for those special instruction parts LOL.

11.jpg.c9496158f7ea1a828927f1a196d311c5.jpg

Then on a floating shelf next to my bookcase I have my Alter figures, Rita Mordio and Raven from Tales of Vesperia.  Raven was my absolute favorite character (and the most fun to play...and he had healing abilities!  Between him, Yuri and the kid I could decimate a battlefield and never have anyone KO on my team) followed by Rita.  The figures are downright uncanny in their detail.  I was really impressed by them.

12.jpg.50b9d160e71e7471c886338d7bcc984e.jpg13.jpg.f4c847084c8e37f838bffe1a376f4525.jpg

Then on the next shelf we have some of my Catwoman and Flash statues.  Jaina Solo in the back (no longer canon...but always canon in my heart!)  I think my other Flash is down by the TV.  My husband collects Batman statues (he has a huge curio full of them), Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn as well.  I'm the Catwoman fan...a house divided....

14.jpg.dc2dae5a1af6b654ea7ed7d1d83513a1.jpg

Next to them before you reach the tv (glowing in my gameroom sign's light) is my Chesire Cat Giclee.  Look familiar anyone?  Anyone at all?  Again from Alice (and also my avatar-sake) this particular giclee I purchased directly from the artist.  The really cool thing about it is that it glows in the dark (literally I feel like I kid when the lights go out and it suddenly glows from the darkness LOL).  I love it ^_^  It says around it How fine you look when dressed in rage your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent you're lucky too red eyes suit so few.  This one never gets changed out for another piece of art.

3.jpg.60c52fc8ead2325661ad9b063ede5591.jpg

My gameroom sign above my TV, fully lit.  It's LED (and the blue lights circle the outside).  I actually won this by storing up my tickets in an arcade.  We probably went every week for a couple of months to get enough (finally figured out which games scored the most tickets too). 

16.jpg.9203f0f35f227a5425315301e578a5aa.jpg

Then opposite of my tv on the other side of my giant window are more of my giclees and lithographs.  This particular one I purchased in the Artist Alley of my favorite con.  Spent two hours deciding what matting to use when framing it.  It turned out pretty well actually.  The contrast isn't up to snuff in the photo I took, but maybe it's my laptop screen....hmmmm.....probably my shaky hand at play there too....it should be crisper...

17.jpg.fad182a9345709e34bb92a1958b009fe.jpg

Below that is my Illium lithograph from Mass Effect 2.  I remember purchasing this before collecting the ME2 lithographs was popular.  It's signed and numbered.  I honestly almost bought a second one just for collector's sake...wish I had!  This particular lithograph was selling a few years back for well over a thousand dollars per (and I paid 29 dollars + shipping for mine from the dealer).  Wiser as the years pass me by LOL.  Anyways, I would NEVER part with it.  I have nearly all of the ME2 lithographs.  Framed I have the Wards, The Citadel, and hmmm....can't remember the other one I framed.  I change them out on that spot on the wall from time to time.  I also have some of the Dead Space Lithographs too which tend to end up in the AoT spot from time to time when I'm feeling it....  I have a Tomb Raider giclee downstairs waiting to be put up on the wall too.  And next to this one on the other side of the corner....

18.jpg.22c225c3063af7844af953dc9d8ed893.jpg

Purchased in the Artist Alley again...one of my favorites (the matting really made it pop!) inspired by Attack on Titan.  This one really is just eye-catching.  I absolutely love it.  Maybe I like dark things....Anyways, the poor artist had no idea this one would be so popular.  He was the talk of the con that year :)

20.jpg.38983234f815036aa7cc9b8c724387e7.jpg

Next to AoT is my Star Wars Giclee.  I can't remember if this was my first or if Illium was my first...  Apprentice Crashes a Star Destroyer based on Star Killer from The Force Unleashed (who is also not canon....Disney scrapped a lot.  I don't think he was canon to begin with but it was still a fun ride, both games ^_^ That series might end up really twisted with what is and isn't canon anymore...).  It was definitely the very first one that I hung up and framed.  It's been on that spot ever since.  Part of it for me is just how it captures my nostalgia in my love of Star Wars (big fan of Eps 4-6 since I was a kid.  1-3 were trash.  The movies since have been....eh...I'm holding my judgment for now).  Such good memories float to my thoughts when I look at that piece  :)

21.jpg.a07effbc01fd0118d13eb52fbb17e311.jpg

Continuing around the room I have my Venus and Mercury Statues (Mercury was blurred beyond recognition so she is not up here). They were the only two I left up after putting all the rest of my Sailor Moon stuff up.  Venus because....don't judge me because this has never happened before....  I can't find her box >_>  Mercury because she's my favorite Scout (she's in my Space Opera anime collection right now).  Everything else, has been put up somewhere. 

So, I didn't take pictures of my anime or video game collection, just the statues and artwork that I have up right now.  I really need to get around to finishing my cleanup here...maybe tomorrow.  So, I hope that this wall of pictures and text hasn't burned your eyes or scared you off @Wedgy  Hope this fits the bill for you.  If you want some better pictures of the statues, just message me and I'll try to get it done tomorrow.  It isn't a bother at all.  I love showing my collection off (it's like kids and baseball cards hehe).

• Cute (Kawaii) 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 2

I'm a bit of a collector myself. Mainly I have the  Xenomorph figurines (from the Alien franchise); they are my favorite.

• Like 2

I'm such a Kill La Kill nerd that I have tons of Kill La Kill merchandise from figurines to accessories and replica swords to manga (books).

I won't show the swords because they didn't fit in the cubby in my closet and because they're completely irrelevant to the thread. I'm only showing some of the other merchandise I have concerning Kill La Kill because I really don't want to have to take everything out just to take a picture and then put everything back in and reorganize it again Lol

I'm too lazy for movement of that caliber.IMG_4703.thumb.JPG.05f8d4a436fbe2c4ac968d378070a23d.JPG

The Satsuki figurine was I think 160$ and the Ryuuko figure was I think $70. I may be off, but it's approximate:/

-

Next is my shelf dedicated for the Korean culture, however, I added the Sakura figure to save timexD Lol I have many Overwatch figures, but I recently decided I hate Overwatch with a burning passion (except for my beloved D.VA of course), and I especially loathe Genji and Hanzo; the two DO NOT portray the Japanese in a positive way.:(

So the D.VA items below are as follows: from left to right..

Cute but deadly D.VA figure, D.VA backpack Hanger, and D.VA with Mecha Jumbo Pop figure

IMG_4704.thumb.jpg.e20851293137d73870d9fe1ca1500a25.jpg

And these two figures were impulse buys at a GameStop and Best Buy, (left & right) respectively. I love Zelda and just had to buy them Lol

IMG_4705.thumb.JPG.c918cfa3c8b1f88a5374dba98f2477c7.JPG

Sorry, but I'm just sooo obsessed with Kill La Kill ^ - ^

I actually have two metal swords that are replicas of the anime's scissor blades, if you will. They're pretty heavy, to me anyways Lol They're fairly good sized as well

Edited by Sasazaki Chan
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 2

Oh my @Beocat talk about a delivery! I'm stunned! Your collection is awesome and you have good taste in art. It was such a treat seeing your photos and reading about some of their stories, especially with the original pieces you gathered at cons. It adds so much value to it. I've never been to a con myself but I think if I ever do attend one I might see if there are any artists around who are selling their work. I think my favourite of yours is that Cheshire Cat though, it's very cool and original. Would I be pushing it to ask if I can see it glowing, too? Lol Also that Link/Epona statue looks heavy, but it's surprisingly detailed-looking and you must be proud to own it. I love what you've shown me and thank you for sharing, that was an awesome read. :)

11 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

I'm a bit of a collector myself. Mainly I have the  Xenomorph figurines (from the Alien franchise); they are my favorite.

I, too, own a Xenomorph as it happens. :o

20180530_103932.png.a30fe06bf833d4214de4e772e436e4d8.png

Edited by Wedgy
  • Like 1

I actually have a ton of Amiibo, a few game figures from collectors Editions of games, including some from SAO before I lost interest, maybe 4 pop figures, and a decent amount of Yo-Kai Watch figures as well. I collect almost too much. Been slowing down lately though. 

Edited by RepentantSky

I have A figurine of Son-Goku,Naruto,Joker and first order Flametrooper,I can’t call it a colection but I just started working so after I buy nintendo 3ds i plan on buying a lot of other things,not only figurines 🙂

Ahhh, I'm loving everyone's collections! I'd love to see more pictures :)

I wish I had something to share as well, but I don't collect much (other than dust) these days 🤣

• Like 1

Well, I do collect Lego figurines. Do those count?: Well, they are tiny.

And... I also collect Barbie dolls. DON'T JUDGE ME!

Edited by AniMeFReaK
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

44 minutes ago, AniMeFReaK said:

Well, I do collect Lego figurines. Do those count?: Well, they are tiny.

And... I also collect Barbie dolls. DON'T JUDGE ME!

I used to have a collection of the Christmas Barbies! Plus a couple others that I managed to find. Only a small collection, no more than 10, but it’s what spurred me to collect porcelain dolls as well (I had about 52 porcelain dolls). As well as some other doll-like things (cultural, clowns, marionettes). I don’t have any of them anymore though, it was time for me to move on. My parents have my barbies, and my porcelain dolls went to a family friend that wanted to start a collection to eventually leave to her three granddaughters, the rest were donated to various locations in town 

• Like 1

I don't collect anime figurines, but I used to* have a good-sized collection of tabletop gaming props.  The old-school metal ones, not plastic, and most of them hand painted by yours truly.  Treasure chests, bar room & dungeon items, etc.  Also character pieces.. orcs, mages, thieves, fighters, spiders, rats, etc., etc.  And a dragon of course! 

I also had* a whole fleet of Terran ships from Starfleet Wars (later known as Galactic Knights) including several squadrons of fighters.  (My 2 brothers had Avarians and Aquarians .)

*Still have them, actually, but I'm sure they're in my closet and I have a closet like the one in the movie "House" so .. I haven't seen them for a while.  :D

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I collect posters and figures which may make people mad if I were to post pictures of.

They are heavily pornographic.