Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu / Pokemon Let's Go Eevee

Ryuji

1 minute ago, Wedgy said:

Looks pretty legit although I can't say it will make me want to buy a Switch or play Pokemon GO. :( I'm not criticising GF or Nintendo as a whole for their willingness to go where no console has gone before, that is to say, they do have a reputation for being unafraid to try new things. But from the trailer here I was on board until I saw the GO interface for catching Pokemon on the Switch... I suppose it can be considered more interactive but I'm just not a fan. I should probably just wait and see how it pans out because there may just be some extra points to it that you can't see just from this trailer. I'm just really, really not a fan of motion controls and never have been. Exactly the reason I never finished Skyward Sword because the controls were too much of a headache and never did what I wanted them to do.

Otherwise, it looks like it could be a fresh game and I'm interested to see how it develops. I don't mind watching from the bench. :) 

It's more of a Pokemon Go Spinoff / Yellow remake mainly to quell our thirst until late 2019 when the GEN VIII GAMES COME OUT!!!

New details:

Only the original 151 Pokemon (plus Alola forms)

No online play.

1 NEW Pokemon

No wild Pokemon Battles. You can only capture them.

1 minute ago, Wedgy said:

That seems... so disappointing though. :( Why have so minimal and restricting features and then put it on a console that should be able to handle so much more?

You can ride on Onix's head.  All other arguments are invalid xD

32 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

I'm sooooooo in love with Eevee's voice! AND RIDING ON ONIX'S HEAD!!!! I NEED THIS!!!

Now if only I had a Switch already...

Eh, I don't know. I may give it a go but I'm not much for Pokemon Go and no Pokemon battles? Kind of a turn off for me. However I don't have many games for the Switch and honestly I haven't played the system much.

If I had a Switch. Still, the features of the game are pretty brilliant. Using the Pokemon Go method of capturing is so freaking smart for the use of a Joy-con and having Pokemon follow you and being able to play with a friend are also great ideas. I hope some of these transfer over the core game coming next year. 

This seems like an expensive proof of concept rather than a proper Pokemon game. We're assuming that they're seeing how well the style is going to go down (since it looks fairly different from previous games), and will reuse the assets for the core games. We really don't like the overworld wild Pokemon. It means that you can see what you're going to battle, avoid all of the Zubats and stuff, only target the rare mons, and it just makes the whole random collection thing pointless. While that makes some sense for a Go game, it doesn't work for core Pokemon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the_twig said:

This seems like an expensive proof of concept rather than a proper Pokemon game. We're assuming that they're seeing how well the style is going to go down (since it looks fairly different from previous games), and will reuse the assets for the core games. We really don't like the overworld wild Pokemon. It means that you can see what you're going to battle, avoid all of the Zubats and stuff, only target the rare mons, and it just makes the whole random collection thing pointless. While that makes some sense for a Go game, it doesn't work for core Pokemon.

I admit that I don't like the idea behind not being able to battle wild Pokemon, but we don't know yet if that means that they won't be random encounters. There are grassy areas in the game, and we do now know that the game is a remake of Pokemon Yellow. It can't be that bad. 

On 5/30/2018 at 6:31 AM, the_twig said:

This seems like an expensive proof of concept rather than a proper Pokemon game. We're assuming that they're seeing how well the style is going to go down (since it looks fairly different from previous games), and will reuse the assets for the core games. We really don't like the overworld wild Pokemon. It means that you can see what you're going to battle, avoid all of the Zubats and stuff, only target the rare mons, and it just makes the whole random collection thing pointless. While that makes some sense f or a Go game, it doesn't work for core Pokemon.

Having overworld Pokemon reminds me of the Pokemon Ranger games, which I loved. It makes me feel like I'm fully immersed in the Pokemon world and I mean....otherwise you get this:

h2BD5A7EB

I'll never understand how Onix and other large Pokemon fit in teeny tiny grass xD

I do want to clarify that Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu are NOT the games we were promised at E3 last year. The games were promised are the ones coming out late 2019. Gen VIII.

• Funny 1

I'm not looking forward to it all that much however I'm still going to buy it because I have no self control at all.

I've been playing Pokemon on and off since the beginning and I thoroughly enjoy it. Newer generation Pokemon I will admit are very off-putting but I just recently got Ultra Sun and I quite like the game itself. I'll probably invest in a switch for the sole purpose of playing the next generation of Pokemon games, and I hear Donkey Kong is amazing!

Will admit though, Kanto/Johto for life!

I'm honestly on the fence about this game.  I'm not a fan of the pokemon go part of it.  I imagine this take the playtime and cut it into a third if I'm being honest.  I'm hoping if I can manage to get enough commissions that I can have enough money to get a switch and at least try it.  Because you never know.  It could surprise you.  And I'd definitely like to see what other pokemon you can ride in the game.  And the reintroduction of the poke'walker might be nice.  For those who use to use them.  Might be a nice stroll down memory lane.  All in all I've been a pretty big fan since the beginning.  I'm all for giving it a shot at least.  

Don't get me wrong, I love pokemon and I want to be excited about it, but I was only into Pokemon Go for a very short amount of time and it just wasn't my type of game... So that aspect of the game doesn't seem like a good change imo but I guess we will see how that goes... Plus I don't have a switch, and I don't want to buy one for a pokemon game that I might not even enjoy playing... I will most likely wait to see reviews after it comes out before I even think about getting it...