Manga Suggestions?

Kunoichifox

I am looking for a new series, to possibly replace Pandora Hearts when it finishes, I am also reading series like Attack on Titan, and Yotsuba&!, but whatever fills the shoes of Pandora Hearts has a great deal of work to do fill such a lofty position I am here to ask for some suggestions?

The problem with FMA is Brotherhood an anime I watched through is pretty much accurate to it I heard so what would be the point of reading the manga? I was actually thinking of getting into Tsubasa, I have watched some of the anime but I heard it doesn't finish it's source material and cuts off right before the final arc.

What is Full Metal Alchemist about and/or Brotherhood?

Fullmetal Alchemist is about two teenage boys going around on a journey to find the Philosopher's Stone in hopes that they can return their bodies back to normal, as they had tragic accident that happened years before. The manga and Brotherhood are almost exactly identical, while the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime veers off course half way through since the manga wasn't even completed at that time.

Guest Evil_Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist is about two teenage boys going around on a journey to find the Philosopher's Stone in hopes that they can return their bodies back to normal, as they had tragic accident that happened years before. The manga and Brotherhood are almost exactly identical, while the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime veers off course half way through since the manga wasn't even completed at that time.

Thank you so much! is there english Dub's on YT? Because that is the place where I watch my Anime sometime's

Guest Evil_Hunter
funny someone with pretty much no interest in manga posting in a manga suggestion thread. if you are going to watch Fullmetal Alchemist, watch Brotherhood it actually has an ending.

You have a problem with that?

• 1 month later...
I dont think DBZ had a manga only Dragon Ball had a manga unless it was a part of that

Yes, it did. In Japan it's just called "Dragon Ball" which includes the events of DBZ. The anime uses the "Z".

Going back on topic, sorry I can't suggest anything, since I've never read/seen the series mentioned. I don't know what I can suggest. I was going to suggest +Anima but I don't think it'll fit the genre you're looking for, especially since people mentioned FMA. I know of it, never seen or read it though.

• 1 month later...

Medaka Box and Noragami were good. Medaka Box is awfully inspiring. If you don't like it initially, you might once you get past the first few chapters because the story really picks up when the antagonist shows up.

If you're into horror and ecchi (combined, apparently):

Dead Tube and Ana Satsujin are seriously good. They're just not for the light hearted, so don't get into those if you don't like NSFW or gore stuff. Ana Satsujin is seriously cute despite that though and it has some romance.

Hey everyone I just finished with a few of the manga I'm reading and I'm looking for something new , I have parasite (and a whole load of supernatural and action manga) on my to read list but I don't want to start it yet as I am still watching the anime , anyone know some good , preferably complete , Romance / Drama manga .I am open to any good manga suggestions but I prefer to read SoL's because there are less action scenes in them and so you don't loose any wow factor there but you gain a whole load of information making them perfect for Romance and Drama.

Hey everyone I just finished with a few of the manga I'm reading and I'm looking for something new , I have parasite (and a whole load of supernatural and action manga) on my to read list but I don't want to start it yet as I am still watching the anime , anyone know some good , preferably complete , Romance / Drama manga .I am open to any good manga suggestions but I prefer to read SoL's because there are less action scenes in them and so you don't loose any wow factor there but you gain a whole load of information making them perfect for Romance and Drama.
Marmalade Boy. Even though the anime, imo, wasn't all that great since it did create some nonexistent drama, I feel the manga is an interesting read and the lead character Miki wasn't constantly insecure, like the anime made her out to be. Much better in the manga, imo, but I do have a slight nostalgia and soft spot for its anime, especially if I hear the opening theme.

*clears throat* Here's a short synopsis.

This story is about a girl name Miki. She's in high school. She has a strange living situation. Her parents ended up swapping partners and remarrying. They now all live together under one roof and with the new couple, was their son, Yuu. Miki starts to have feelings for Yuu, but feels strange about these feelings because they're technically now related, albeit by marriage...but there is a twist to this..

So yeah, not much else I can think of without spoiling it. The story goes up into Miki's adult years (I think university). There are also other characters, like Miki's best female friend who is smart, pretty, and popular, but never accepts dates...but don't want to spoil it.

Let's see, what else....oh, how about Fruits Basket?

It's about a selfless girl (this is actually one of her character flaws) named Tohru. Her mother passed away and she didn't want to be a burden on her grandfather and her aunt/cousins so she lived out of a tent in the woods. She's in her first year of high school, iirc (that's where it starts) and she also works a part-time job at an office building to pay for her school things.

One day, she returned to her tent to see that it was damaged and that the property she was on, was actually owned by her popular classmate, Yuki's, super rich family. While going through the damage, she past out from a fever, iirc, and they had no choice but to take her in. Anyway, the family has a curse, and Tohru accidentally discovers it.

If you don't mind a jousei series, maybe check out Kimi wa Pet.

This is about a woman named Sumire. She's a hardworker and fluent in English. SHe works at an international publisher, I think it was.

Anyway, she finds a boy (well....he's an adult too, but like college-aged) and he has no place to go. He was hurt or something like that pretty badly. She took him in, but they made an arrangement so that he could stay with her. He would act as her pet. No one knows of this set up, 'cept for Sumire's best friend who also has an issue dealing with her husband. Oh and it's not as demeaning as it sounds. It's not like she ties him on a leash and walks him or whatever. lol

Sumire is very shielded with her emotions and has trouble expressing them. Being around "Momo", she's able to actually open up over the course of the series

Oh, Gokusen! That's also an interesting series, imo, and since you're studying to become a teacher (right?), you may find it interesting as well.

This series is about a woman named Kumiko. She's a recent university graduate. For years, her dream was to become a teacher...but she has a secret life.

She's actually the granddaughter of a Yakuza boss and next in line to take everything over. She's been raised in Yakuza fashion all of her life, but knows that if it's ever revealed, it would get in the way of her dream of teaching so she goes to great lengths to hide it.

She does get a teaching position, but it's at one of the toughest schools in the area filled with delinquents. An all-boy school where fights are quite common. She becomes the teacher to a really rough group of boys and they give her the nickname "Yankumi". They try to break her, but they realize they couldn't.

One of the students, Shin, is a very bright student and there's a story as to why he's stuck in that school, compared to the other boys. There's a story behind that too.

So yeah, I do recommend this one as well. This is also another jousei series, but I love it personally. They also made a live-action drama of this series, but it's different from the manga. I only watched the first. The students she started with graduated and they brought in new characters...so I couldn't fully get into it.

There was also a live-action drama of Kimi wa Pet. I couldn't get into that one either, but iroically, the actor/singer who played Shin in Gokusen played Momo in Kimi wa Pet. Just realized it. lol

I've seen Marmalade by and Fruits Basket around but I haven't looked into them too much as I've been busy with the other manga I'm reading . . . as well as some books and about 18 (15 currently releasing , Naruto [catching up] , One piece [started last month , I', about 300 episodes through] and 1 re-watch) anime series that I'm watching but I will be sure to check them out by next week , Thanks for the suggestions :P

And yeah I am studying to be a teacher:P