Method's of studying?

XII360

what are your methods of studying? like, say theres a  quiz tomorrow how do you usually study for it?

personally i used to study via memorization,i made my own questionare on one paper, then had answers on its back page and then, 

i used to write each sentence in a paper till i could write it down perfectly on the dot. (and this was while listening to music so i would'nt get bored of studying)

now a days i still make my own questionare, only difference is the answer is flip-able now, which makes finding the answer easier once i speak it out loud, i also started to read

the answers out loud rather than writing them down on the dot, i sometimes listen to songs while i study but i mostly dont now, couse id rather be in bed once my study materials are ready

what about you ? ;o

• Like 1

Being Asian I have been taught many good studying techniques like this one my dad taught me.

Step 1. make dinner

Step 2. put it in front of you and have someone not let you eat until you've studied at least 3 hours.

----

if you want real advice though I just remember what I want to do with my life and that helps motivate me to complete my studying.

also I eat a lot of cup noodles and for some reason that really helps me focus.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

When I study, I do my best to create some sort of connection between what I'm studying and something I already know.

It could be any subject (Except Math) and I just create some kind of connection to something I enjoy so that I remember. Since I'm taking finals this week, I've been thinking about things in connection to animes I've seen recently to remember and it's helped! 

When I don't use that connection method, I like to write all important notes on a piece of paper, and then convince myself why those points are important. By the time I've convinced myself, those points are memorized!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reiko said:

Being Asian I have been taught many good studying techniques like this one my dad taught me.

Step 1. make dinner

Step 2. put it in front of you and have someone not let you eat until you've studied at least 3 hours.

----

if you want real advice though I just remember what I want to do with my life and that helps motivate me to complete my studying.

also I eat a lot of cup noodles and for some reason that really helps me focus.

...that step 2 is brutal, i cant imagine being able to study properly when theres food that must be digested into your stomach to make sleepy while studying

i shall try it out next time.

4 minutes ago, seemore_bhutts said:

When I study, I do my best to create some sort of connection between what I'm studying and something I already know.

It could be any subject (Except Math) and I just create some kind of connection to something I enjoy so that I remember. Since I'm taking finals this week, I've been thinking about things in connection to animes I've seen recently to remember and it's helped! 

When I don't use that connection method, I like to write all important notes on a piece of paper, and then convince myself why those points are important. By the time I've convinced myself, those points are memorized!

well i dont have math subjects anymore (couse, seriously, we never use any "trigonometry" in our class at all just basic +/-/x/division >.>)

but your connection method is used allot by my classmates, i never really understood it though, i think its couse i had this inner feeling that,

all my studying, is it even really sticking to me ? thats the main reason i always just wrote down everything even answers---atleast since recently

good luck on your exams btw ;o

• Like 1

Flash cards are very useful. It’s basically a card dimension: 15cm by 8cm. You can summarise a subject topic on that one flash card and then memories everything on it. Then you can ask someone to test you and you can add extra information from memory when they test you. 

Have you hear of brain workout. It’s basically when you try to remember something very hard and if you remember it stays in your head forever. 

Repetition. Repetition. Repetition.

Read it 3 times.

Say it 3 times.

Write it 3 times.

Also, I sense math hate. MATH IS GLORIOUS AND NECESSARY FOR EVERYTHING!!! You like that house you live in, the car you drive, recipes you cook, your computer and cellphone. None of it would be possible without math. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

Repetition. Repetition. Repetition.

Read it 3 times.

Say it 3 times.

Write it 3 times.

Also, I sense math hate. MATH IS GLORIOUS AND NECESSARY FOR EVERYTHING!!! You like that house you live in, the car you drive, recipes you cook, your computer and cellphone. None of it would be possible without math. 

yeaaaaa but, doing my math homework while doing phlebotomy isn't exactly the best idea

i wouldnt calculate how much pure blood i collected divided by amount of fats i could possibly have taken along

give take we never really used math or atleast in my field, its not required to know allot of math's, minus the basics

I think every one studies differently and has a method that works best for them. For me, I know that I am a visual/spacial learner so before quizzes or exams, I will organize/summarize my notes in different colors on different colored paper. Beside each topic, I usually draw something small as well (helps relieve stress of studying and makes it fun at times). During the exam, I can remember where the topic was on the page and what color I wrote it in/on which helps get my mind going on how to answer the question. The little doodle comes to mind as well and remembering it is sometimes encouraging. I guess this is a bit obscure, but it would be nice for you to find the way your mind works and organize studying around that. 

General advice would just be to maintain your health and stress levels and try to utilize your time before the exam/quiz such that no matter what happens after you are done, you will have done your best with little regret. :) Good luck on the quiz/exam~!

• Like 1

My school days are long over (even grad school) and I can say that I mostly coasted through on my own ability to internalize and apply information quickly as opposed to studying.  It is why I am so devastatingly good at what I do.  The bigger my foundation becomes the more accurate and narrow my focus. 

I generally would just read.  Read the recommended reading prior to class, come to class, listen (no google chat with friends) to reinforce the information and that was most all that I needed.  Other than that, if it was math, repetition (the only way in Calc 2 to survive).  Oh, and quality reading is important.  Turn off the music, turn off the tv, turn off your phone and its many distractions.  Just read the material and try to understand it when you read it (don't read to read, read to understand it instead),

Even now, if I "study" for a credentialing exam or for a certification exam, I literally just buy a book that covers the content outline (or that is a study guide), read it, then take the exam.  I know many other people take classes for these exams, spend weeks studying on their own time, listening to audio tapes on the way home from work to review, using study groups to reinforce the subject material, and pouring their souls into it....  I just read a book, take exam, get my certification.  I'm reading two books for credentialing exams now (two different exams) and this is literally what I'm doing and I don't think I will have a problem with either exam.

• Like 1

I don't study. At all.

But on those rare occasions in which I do (which is always before a test), I always lean back on my chair and memorize stuff. BEING ASIAN SUCKS!

There are only about two subjects I'm eager to study: English and Biology. I read through their chapters for fun.

And then there's Math. I like Math, don't get me wrong, but it's not really that fun. I don't know why, but I'll be eager to do a math if I already knew how to do it.

I hate Physics and Chemistry.¬¬

Edited by AniMeFReaK

Aas for me I write notes to study. Like I get a lot of resources like my textbooks, some printed materials from our instructor and even the notes I took during class. I read those again and make notes again from those resources. I usually half a paper horizontally and use highlighters of different colors (at least four). Like if there's this term I need to memorize I use a pink highlighter to highlight the word and then use another color to highlight its meaning. After writing the notes I read them again. XD It's a long process but it works for me every time.  

• 2 months later...