Strategy Games

Reiko

You guys have any niche strategy games I might not have heard of? I love them, like Sid Meyers Civ's and things like Hearts of Iron. Ive played most of them. I want some titles ive never heard of.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Well if you're into RTS games I recommend the Wargame series. 

Wargame: Red Dragon has units spanning from late WW2 to the mid 90's and features nations in the time period of the Cold War fighting. 

The unit selection is in the form of decks, and it creates many possibilities for unit combinations. 

13 minutes ago, seemore_bhutts said:

Well if you're into RTS games I recommend the Wargame series. 

Wargame: Red Dragon has units spanning from late WW2 to the mid 90's and features nations in the time period of the Cold War fighting. 

The unit selection is in the form of decks, and it creates many possibilities for unit combinations.

I have actually played this already! good game!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reiko said:

You guys have any niche strategy games I might not have heard of? I love them, like Sid Meyers Civ's and things like Hearts of Iron. Ive played most of them. I want some titles ive never heard of.

niche...i know of one, but my child it is of a very very dusty age, the age of golden

but yea one strategy game i remember playing in the past thats reallllly niche is "Brigadine" the GE version up's the game up (grand edition) but it only has english patch and was never localized which makes me sad since it was a 10/10 game

you managed troops,capture castles, send heroes to quests to increase stats or find more heroes, and in battle if you murder the hero all the other troops assigned on the hero retreats, but since they retreated they will fight in the next battle,

killing troops first before leader yeilds to the hero having less troops on the next battle and etc..etc... i dont wanna spoil to much ;o

but for recent one's, i guess, not much of a niche, have you tried xcom2 ?! war of the chosen was a fun expansion

5 minutes ago, XII360 said:

niche...i know of one, but my child it is of a very very dusty age, the age of golden

but yea one strategy game i remember playing in the past thats reallllly niche is "Brigadine" the GE version up's the game up (grand edition) but it only has english patch and was never localized which makes me sad since it was a 10/10 game

you managed troops,capture castles, send heroes to quests to increase stats or find more heroes, and in battle if you murder the hero all the other troops assigned on the hero retreats, but since they retreated they will fight in the next battle,

killing troops first before leader yeilds to the hero having less troops on the next battle and etc..etc... i dont wanna spoil to much ;o

but for recent one's, i guess, not much of a niche, have you tried xcom2 ?! war of the chosen was a fun expansion

I have played xcom's and I have not played the other one, whats native language?

4 minutes ago, Reiko said:

I have played xcom's and I have not played the other one, whats native language?

its a ps1 game so you would need to use an emulator

brigandine was localized so theres an english native language (but no v/a's if im not mistaken?)

but the Grand edition is japanese (never localized ;_;), but contains multiplayer (same screen multiplayer), i somewhat forgot if the patch, translated the story, i think the first bits was translated?, and most essential things needed to know are translated on GE version for patch,

if im not mistaken

3 minutes ago, XII360 said:

its a ps1 game so you would need to use an emulator

brigandine was localized so theres an english native language (but no v/a's if im not mistaken?)

but the Grand edition is japanese (never localized ;_;), but contains multiplayer (same screen multiplayer), i somewhat forgot if the patch, translated the story, i think the first bits was translated?, and most essential things needed to know are translated on GE version for patch,

if im not mistaken

Well Japanese isn't something I cant read its just its a little slow for me to read. Japanese raised in Canada haha I wasn't exposed to it everywhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reiko said:

Well Japanese isn't something I cant read its just its a little slow for me to read. Japanese raised in Canada haha I wasn't exposed to it everywhere.

then i would recommend playing the brigandine GE version 100%, but just a forewarning, its a ps1 title, and is pixelated on everything 

#Iscalio nation is best nation

1 minute ago, XII360 said:

then i would recommend playing the brigandine GE version 100%, but just a forewarning, its a ps1 title, and is pixelated on everything 

#Iscalio nation is best nation

Pixelation is something I'm very familiar with if you catch my drift, but ill check it out!.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

1 hour ago, Reiko said:

Do you know:

Tzar - the Burden of the Crown

Age of Empires

Battle for Middle Earth

Europa Universalis IV

Company of Heroes

They are my favourite.

Just now, Roxeg said:

Tzar - the Burden of the Crown

Age of Empires

Battle for Middle Earth

Europa Universalis IV

Company of Heroes

Don't like get mad at me or anything but I have played those :( 

Just now, Reiko said:

Don't like get mad at me or anything but I have played those :( 

I'm not mad at you for that, quite the opposite, I'm happy to find fellows!(^▽^)

7 hours ago, BurnsyCEO said:

Command and conquer series? I have played generals and tiberium wars and I'd recommend the later for the story.

1 hour ago, drill said:

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and Endless Space are both really fun strategy games on steam.

---

I love both of yall for suggesting but I have played those :(

My favorite strategy game hands down has to be Endless Legends, it got good art and nice play styles. The Endless series is over all a nice series of games and I recommend everyone to try it out!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reiko said:

I love both of yall for suggesting but I have played those :(

My favorite strategy game hands down has to be Endless Legends, it got good art and nice play styles. The Endless series is over all a nice series of games and I recommend everyone to try it out!

Hm... Rondo of Swords DS is pretty obscure tactical game that was really enjoyable.  You've probably already played fire emblem (radiant series was really good).  If you're fine with a tactical experience that is more VN with battles every now and then, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception/Truth PS4 is really good.  That's all I can remember for now, hope there is at least one game in there that helps xP

Chess is a very good strategy game. I normaly play this with relatives and it takes a lot of brain power. 

Another one is a card game I play in parties  and can be used to gamble aswell. It’s called 21 stack. Well I made that name up as I don’t know the name. This game takes super intelligence to play. Everything it’s a factor in this game like the atmosphere. This game is soo intense that’s why I play this. 

• Like 1