☆Wicked's Chat Corner!☆

xWickedNekox

On 3/10/2019 at 10:56 AM, brycec said:

Sadly, they do not stay around too long it seems.

How has your weekend been, Wicked?

*takes cake, in hopes that it is better than the one he had the past few days.*

I know... v_v

It was good... It was my birthday on Sunday, and I got a lot of food... XD

How was your weekend?...

23 minutes ago, xWickedNekox said:

I know... v_v

If we wait around, it might become more populated.

Heck, we could try and get Gemz in here, now that she joined, if you have not seen her introduction thread yet.

How was your weekend?...

Aside from the boredom of going to physical store (so much easier going alone, as I can just leave when I want and do not start feeling pain in my feet from waiting around), it was good.

It was good... It was my birthday on Sunday, and I got a lot of food... XD

Happy belated birthday. What did you get for birthday? Did you doing anything special? Was the food good?

Edited by brycec

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Hay there everyone. I noticed the chat corner seems to be not to chatty. Hows everyone been. 

Yeah, it has been empty. We need more people.

Things are good here. I am getting close to end of act 2 of DQ 11.

45 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I haven’t met Wicked.. what’s up 

Wicked is pretty busy with stuff on another forum, but she takes time to be here, so you’ll hopefully be able to meet her soon enough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brycec said:

Yeah, it has been empty. We need more people.

Things are good here. I am getting close to end of act 2 of DQ 11.

Wicked is pretty busy with stuff on another forum, but she takes time to be here, so you’ll hopefully be able to meet her soon enough.

That’s sweet. I was really hoping to get some of that cake to go with my ☕️ 

I would be on a busier forum, but I like y’all best.

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seshi said:

That’s sweet. I was really hoping to get some of that cake to go with my ☕️ 

Go ahead and take some. Things are easy enough to get through.

• Friendly 1

1 hour ago, brycec said:

I was playing Dragon Quest 11. I have to fight Mordegon soon in it.

You sure like DQ though from what I know it is very god. I haven't played any of them, but I do want to.

Yeah, I do because I kind of know what to expect from it, though the storylines are different.

Plus, learning magic is not as convoluted as FF 1, where figuring out magic leveling is a pain to the point where you can access areas with new spells but cannot buy them because your level is too low.

If you want to try it out, 3 is one of the better ones. DQ 1 is a very basic RPG, but you can see the changes over each iteration, like 2 being the first in the series with a party and 5 introducing monster recruitment.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

2 hours ago, brycec said:

Yeah, I do because I kind of know what to expect from it, though the storylines are different.

Plus, learning magic is not as convoluted as FF 1, where figuring out magic leveling is a pain to the point where you can access areas with new spells but cannot buy them because your level is too low.

If you want to try it out, 3 is one of the better ones. DQ 1 is a very basic RPG, but you can see the changes over each iteration, like 2 being the first in the series with a party and 5 introducing monster recruitment.

Well thats good to know. I mean nothing wrong with a complex game, but sometimes I just want blow through the questing/grinding to progress the story.

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

Finally met someone who understands Final Fantasy 🤩

I understand, and happen to love the first 10, or so games in particular 1, 2, 3, and 7. Though each game in the series has its flaws as well as good points. It is more, or less the default jrpg series.

• Like 1

Yes, I loved 8,9,10, and 12... before and after that I never got into them. The later games seemed like a failure to me. And since I first played 8, I thought the graphics in 7 and below were terrible, thus never playing them.

6 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Well thats good to know. I mean nothing wrong with a complex game, but sometimes I just want blow through the questing/grinding to progress the story.

Dragon Quest can be tiresome with the grinding, but you can still progress through the stories quickly enough, if you have a good strategy and find out the enemies weaknesses. The grinding comes in DQ when you need certain spells and such, much like FF 1, though you have to spend money to learn magic in FF 1 and you never really find out how far away you are from the next magic level, so you can get spells you need.

In terms of play length, DQ 2 is said to take a ridiculously long time to be without a guide, because you do not really get any direction on what to do, especially considering it is the first in the series with a boat.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, brycec said:

Dragon Quest can be tiresome with the grinding, but you can still progress through the stories quickly enough, if you have a good strategy and find out the enemies weaknesses. The grinding comes in DQ when you need certain spells and such, much like FF 1, though you have to spend money to learn magic in FF 1 and you never really find out how far away you are from the next magic level, so you can get spells you need.

In terms of play length, DQ 2 is said to take a ridiculously long time to be without a guide, because you do not really get any direction on what to do, especially considering it is the first in the series with a boat.

I see well at least there is always osomething to do. Personally I do not mind grinding to gain exp in rpgs. I recently started another play through of Mario RPG, and that game is basically sessions of grinding to gain a few levels then move on to the next big part of the plot. Equipment is purchasable in pretty much every near major area. Its older mind you so not nearly as complex as FF, or DQ by any stretch. Though it is a awesome game that was certainly some off the best Square had at the time.

That sounds a bit like DQ, though you can craft weapons and armor in 8 and 11, while equipment must be purchased in 6 and earlier.

You can go anywhere in the games, except maybe 11, which will block you from going places for story reasons, but if you do, you can be killed because you are under leveled (this is especially true in DQ 1, where you can go anywhere but the lair of the final boss, since you need to get certain items to get there).

3 hours ago, brycec said:

That sounds a bit like DQ, though you can craft weapons and armor in 8 and 11, while equipment must be purchased in 6 and earlier.

You can go anywhere in the games, except maybe 11, which will block you from going places for story reasons, but if you do, you can be killed because you are under leveled (this is especially true in DQ 1, where you can go anywhere but the lair of the final boss, since you need to get certain items to get there).

Thats interesting that they just let you go to those higher level areas without progressing the story. Will it generate the right cut scene if you aren't ready for that area yet, or dose it just let you go there. Mario RPG much like most games by Square Enix are very story driven you are mostly on rails with some choices in how much you want to grind, and what loot you want to pick up. There is plenty of optional things some of which make the game way easier. Some of which are just fun. I don't mind this though I like story driven games. I guess thats why I always loved visual novels as well. I am perfectly fine being on rails clicking through a story.

12 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Thats interesting that they just let you go to those higher level areas without progressing the story. Will it generate the right cut scene if you aren't ready for that area yet, or dose it just let you go there. Mario RPG much like most games by Square Enix are very story driven you are mostly on rails with some choices in how much you want to grind, and what loot you want to pick up. There is plenty of optional things some of which make the game way easier. Some of which are just fun. I don't mind this though I like story driven games. I guess thats why I always loved visual novels as well. I am perfectly fine being on rails clicking through a story.

In the DQ 1, there is not really a story at all, nor really any cutscenes. That is how basic it is.

However, with 8, if you try going somewhere important early, it will give a different cutscene until you are meant to be there (and it only plays once).

13 hours ago, brycec said:

In the DQ 1, there is not really a story at all, nor really any cutscenes. That is how basic it is.

However, with 8, if you try going somewhere important early, it will give a different cutscene until you are meant to be there (and it only plays once).

I see so sort of like a warning that your stepping into hot water. 

• 2 weeks later...