Do you believe in psychic abilities?

Beocat

Hey everyone.  So been wondering a while...what are all of your thoughts on psychic abilities, astral projection, ghosts and spirits, mediums, and so forth?  Feel free to look up a few words or phrases if you aren't sure what it is and you are interested in it.  Some questions...  Do you believe you have psychic abilities (even mildly)? Do you believe in ghosts and spirits?  Have you ever seen or heard a ghost or spirit?  If so, are you comfortable enough to describe how it happened?  Do you believe in meditation to reach a higher plane or astral projection?  Have you ever used a psychic ability before, or thought you may have used one?  Which abilities do you think you might have and why?

So I ask all this because there is a large range of psychic abilities out there.  Clairaudience (hearing what others cannot, receiving signals or instructions from a higher realm), clairvoyance (receiving visual information or knowledge without normal sensory input), claircognizance (knowing information without having learned the information), clairsentience (sensing physical and emotional states without physical sensory input), astral projection (separating astral body from physical body to different places), Mediumship (ability to communicate with spirits), among many other abilities (clairgustance, clairtangency, precognition and so on). 

Personally, I do know some people who I believe are psychic.  I have met some who had relatives who seemed clairvoyant or precognitive (generally in journaling their dreams what they foretold in their diaries).  One good friend of mine is definitely clairvoyant or claircognizant (and a medium, but I won't go there) actually turned to me at work one day and told me this little girl was at the bottom of the lake.  Then he went on to say that he dreampt of how the mother's boyfriend had raped her repeatedly and now that she was old enough to tell...they both decided to simply kill and dispose of her body.  He couldn't say which lake, just that it was cold, dark, and very wet and wasn't salty.  They found her body some weeks later and within a few months it came out that it had all occurred exactly how he said it did.  I don't remember now how he said they killed her, but he was spot on with that too.  I distinctly remember him saying, "Mark my words.  She's at the bottom of a lake."  Downright uncanny.  This isn't the first time he's had a spot on prediction. 

A friend of mine also has seen ghosts in the past.  Lots of people I know have had experiences with spirits actually...  That seems to run in my family.  I personally feel that I have some precognitive abilities (mild) and clairsentient abilities (I am very good at reading people, beyond body language even.  It is like I have a built in lie detector in my head.).  My own experiences with ghosts are similar to my family's.  We tend to be visited by the dead when one of our own passes on.  Usually only one person receives the vision prior to the passing.

Surprisingly enough, I think my father might be Clairaudient....  I say this because although he would be the last one to believe it he had an interesting experience one day.  He was out on our family's land looking at a field (I'm guessing it was a field...maybe an old barn or the woods... or maybe one of the old farmhouses) and there was no one around at all.  He said that something in his head, a voice, told him he needed to move along the ditch some, so he did.  Less than a minute later his truck (driverless - he must have forgotten to put it in park or experienced a brake failure) drove right through the spot he had been standing in and into the ditch.  He would have been pinned down had he not moved when he did.  He said he didn't hear the truck coming (I believe that.  He's really hard of hearing...we used to think it was selective but at this point I'm sure he's mostly deaf).  It is just an interesting experience that comes to mind....

So, has anyone here had any experiences?  Anyone know of anyone who has had experiences?  Anyone here stalwartly believe it isn't possible?  Do you believe in one psychic ability and not another?  I'm very interested.  Describing my own experiences is actually more difficult than I thought.  Many tend to be precognitive (knowing what is about to happen) or empath related. 

Now, there is a whole genre of anime dedicated to lots of psychic stuff (paranormal, psychic, heterochromia) so I also am wondering if you have your own favorite psychic anime character?  Mine would have to be Hitomi from Escaflowne (although part of her gift may be the crystal, her use of tarot cards in her readings is still fun).

• Like 1

Me and people I know believe in ghost and spirits (not going to state why) But it’s not a stereotype view of ghost and spirits. We believe the ghost and spirits are there but don’t know where but there normally ghost of the people who have died.

and we also believe in other creatures very similar to humans. These ghost and these creatures we are unable to see them or touch them or make any communication with them. They are just there probably looking over us. But we don’t know anything about them. 

And these beings they cannot bother us aswell. They cannot do anything to our world or do anything to us and they can’t make them reveal them self to us and they cannot alter or do anything to our world  

One thing we know about creatures are they are ruthless 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Part_time_anime said:

Me and people I know believe in ghost and spirits (not going to state why) But it’s not a stereotype view of ghost and spirits. We believe the ghost and spirits are there but don’t know where but there normally ghost of the people who have died.

and we also believe in other creatures very similar to humans. These ghost and these creatures we are unable to see them or touch them or make any communication with them. They are just there probably looking over us. But we don’t know anything about them. 

And these beings they cannot bother us aswell. They cannot do anything to our world or do anything to us and they can’t make them reveal them self to us and they cannot alter or do anything to our world  

One thing we know about creatures are they are ruthless 

Vague...but intriguing...  O_O  I have thoughts about this, but I'm probably making assumptions.  If you don't mind me asking, why do you think (or know) that they are ruthless?  If it is too personal a question feel free to ignore that I asked.

3 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Although I'm a guilty fan of supernatural-themed medias, my opinion on this in the 'is it realistically possible' sense is about as boringly agnostic as it comes. It's been neither proven nor disproven, so far as I can tell, so I can't bring myself to either believe it or deny that it's real.

As for characters, I'm often reminded of Saki Hanajima of Furuba, as well as her younger brother Megumi. An interesting pair. Their powers aren't the main focus of the story, but are touched upon in such a casual manner that you can just accept it as their brand of normal.

I myself am a huge fan of supernatural themed medias (anime, video games, some of my favorite book series even).  Hmmm, as for proven or disproven, I suppose it might just be something you'd have to experience yourself.  I could point at things like the China Psychic Children (and the amazing things they were reportedly able to do) but unless you see it or experience it yourself, it might still be unbelievable. 

Hmmm....  okay.  I have a interesting question for you.  Now, what experience might pull you into belief?  As being on the fence is kind of more denying that it is real (with some openness to the possibility). 

• Like 1

I've never encountered anything personally that can't be readily explained without appealing to the supernatural.  I won't say that it is impossible for things like ghosts or ESP to exist, and it is certainly fun to think about, but I'm not a big believer in such things.  Besides, even if they are real it probably doesn't matter.  The simple fact that such phenomenon and abilities are next to impossible to detect and replicate means that they're hard to control at best, and have minimal, if any effect in the real world.

That said, I'm a "never say never" kind of guy.  I would be among the first to embrace "magic" or "ESP" if such things could be objectively measured, especially if it/they could be made into a useful tool.  It certainly wouldn't be the first time in human history that such things have happened.  There are whole fields of present-day science that are based on phenomenon once considered magical.  Everyday use of commonplace items like cellphones or flashlights or antibiotics would have been enough to get you burned at the stake for witchcraft in certain - even fairly recent - periods of history.  And there are definitely still gaps and inconsistencies in our "official" understanding of how the universe works.  That being the case, it would be unreasonable not to keep an open mind.

• Like 1

I did not read the whole thing cause I'm too lazy.:p

But, well, I think I believe in ghosts. Don't ask why. Not necessarily magic, but I do spend my time on YouTube looking for spells that give you superpowers.

• Confused 1

I don't. I would like to have psychic powers though, but wanting them doesn't mean they exist, I had to accept real world physics...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beocat said:

Vague...but intriguing...  O_O  I have thoughts about this, but I'm probably making assumptions.  If you don't mind me asking, why do you think (or know) that they are ruthless?  If it is too personal a question feel free to ignore that 

The reason we believe they are ruthless because before even the rule of the Egyptian pharaoh these creatures used to live with us the humans. 

These creatures used to steal, rape, kill, and every single evil deed in existence. These creatures were a plague to man kind and the world. Even though there were truth and division between humans and these creatures but they will still come and conquer then slaughter humans. 

So the humans kept on praying to god that please do something to these creatures for a very long time. (Actually these creatures have two names I can’t remember.) god decided to listen and demanded the wall to be built that will separate humans from these creatures. These creatures will be and are stuck behind this one wall and we have not seen them since. 

There is also a dark part about this reality I didn’t state if you wish to know just message me.

Also There is lots of stereotypical movies created of this where they believe it’s the China wall these creatures are stuck behind but no one really knows where and what they look like so don’t believe the movie. So much things wrong with that movie.

There is so much info I missed out so sorry. But the things I said are true. And I have a reason to believe in them. 

Edited by Part_time_anime
  • Informative 1

I'm really open for anything and everything that can be considered paranormal,I'm actually pretty sure I have no power whatsoever but some people in my family think I have,I don't wanna get into why because in my opinion it is nothing big and even tought no one we know can do it I'm pretty sure it is not anything like psychic oh and I don't know anyone who has any power or they just don't want to tell me because they probably think I wouldn't believe them.

• Like 1

I've never really believed in the paranormal, but there have been times throughout my life where I've felt a presence that didn't belong to the people around me.

Could be wrong though... maybe I was just really happy

I don’t know much about psychic abilities, that’s beyond my understanding, but ghosts/spirits have been a fairly common presence in my life. 

Two of my grandmothers have been present with my family since they passed away. They mostly stay with my parents, but they occasionally give visits to other members of the family as well. There was a brief period we thought they had vanished. It happened shortly after my aunt and her husband were visiting and did a sage smudge on our property. They did it without our permission and while we weren’t home (something we weren’t very happy about). It’s supposed to get rid of bad spirits, but from our experience, it also scares the good ones too. We didn’t hear anything from grandma or nanny for weeks, we were getting a bit worried because we had to move soon. Small things (that we almost missed) started to happen again though, which was a relief. We’re pretty sure they hang out in the china cabinet in my Nanny’s urn when things are unsettled. 

I don’t know if this falls into the same category, but my family has also lived in a cursed house. Now, we don’t know if it’s actually cursed or not, but bad things would happen when we lived there. My uncle and his family lived there many years before us and bad things happened to them too. While uncle was there, his and my step-dad’s father passed away from sudden illness, my aunt got really sick, and one of my cousins got pretty hurt. Then when my family lived there, my step-dad’s mother (one of the grandmothers) passed away from lung cancer, my step-dad had a fall from a ladder and badly hurt his back, and we had a chimney fire. There were lots of other small stuff, but those were the main events. Everyone in the family called it a cursed house and we moved on. 

My parents currently live in a haunted house. I lived there too, but I moved out in the new year back to my hometown. It’s really creepy. It always feels like you’re being watched. And all three of us (myself, mum, step-dad) have seen and/or heard this little old lady. Even guests have made mention of encountering her. At first it was okay, but as time went on, things started slowly turning for the worse. It’s gotten to the point where it’s being called another cursed house, except this time we know it’s being caused by a ghost/spirit/whatever you call it. Turns out, the last owners of the house was an elderly couple. The wife passed away in the house. The husband sold the house to the current owner. Before we moved in, five different sets of people had lived in that house in the course of a year (we were the sixth in that year). We didn’t understand why because the owner/landlord is really good, and the house is nice. Now we’re fairly certain it’s because of this old woman, don’t think she wants anyone there. 

This part will sound really cheesy, but I’ve also gone on a ghost tour (though I’m struggling to remember the name of the place) and saw a couple ghosts there. It was interesting experience. On the one hand, it feels almost hokey going on a ghost tour. At the same time though, it’s a historical place and it wasn’t my first time encountering ghosts/spirits. Even if I hadn’t seen any though, it still would have been a really awesome tour, getting to learn about a piece of history like that. 

I’ve had one somewhat bad experience with a spirit. This post is getting a little long though, so I’ll skim over this one real quick. Stayed at biological father’s place. Everything closed and locked tight, slept on the couch. Middle of the night, feel an intense pressure on my chest, eyes open and there’s this shadow figure leaning over me, can’t breathe, panic and manage to yell and scramble for the light, woke dad up and he searched high and low, no one to be found, he asks for more detail and it turns out the same thing has happened to him a couple times before (in the same spot), dad finds a new place the next month, no more problems. 

I’m sure I’m missing some things in here, but I’ve gotten most of it. Feel free to ask any questions, if you even have any :) 

12 hours ago, Roxeg said:

I don't. I would like to have psychic powers though, but wanting them doesn't mean they exist, I had to accept real world physics...

Real-world physics is still pretty dang awesome, powerful, and effective.  And as any science fiction reader knows, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.  Cellphones are just magical devices to effect psychic abilities like clairvoyance.  :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

8 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Real-world physics is still pretty dang awesome, powerful, and effective.  And as any science fiction reader knows, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.  Cellphones are just magical devices to effect psychic abilities like clairvoyance.  :)

You're totally right about that.

14 hours ago, Wedgy said:

I don't necessarily believe that being on the fence leans more toward denial, either. 

From a more statistical standpoint, for examples sake, think about the question: Do aliens exist? I would answer yes, because with ten billion galaxies in the observable universe, one hundred billion stars per galaxy, and however many solar systems exist per star... it hurts to think about, but that's a massive number I probably couldn't calculate by the end of my lifetime. But that all said, it would be downright ignorant to believe that out of that literally astronomical number that Earth was the only inhabited planet in the universe.

Have aliens yet to show themselves to us? A debated topic. 

Oh Wedgy, I could go on and on about aliens too :)  I agree, statistically it is a definite.  They wouldn't even have to have water or the same kind of sunlight (maybe they use a different chlorophyll or eat methane instead of photosynthesizing).  Honestly, we already have proof.  There are fossilized bacteria inside of meteorites (verified that they were not contaminants from Earth) and therefore, that opens up a huge realm of possibilities in itself.  What if instead of the dinosaurs evolving eons ago, if humans had instead.  Imagine how technologically advanced we could have been by now (and if another civilization out there got their start earlier, how advanced they must be by now).  It isn't just statistically probably, life does occur outside our little speck of space dust.  I too look at things from a scientific standpoint, but I also like to review cultural data as well (which pulls me one way or the other). 

On the "have they shown themselves yet?" topic....I could go on for a very long time on that.  Probably best for another thread.  But then, I'd start up a UFO thread and a Church of Squatch thread in an instant but you all would be like "that cat's gone plum crazy...bless her heart..." LOL 

14 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I've never encountered anything personally that can't be readily explained without appealing to the supernatural.  I won't say that it is impossible for things like ghosts or ESP to exist, and it is certainly fun to think about, but I'm not a big believer in such things.  Besides, even if they are real it probably doesn't matter.  The simple fact that such phenomenon and abilities are next to impossible to detect and replicate means that they're hard to control at best, and have minimal, if any effect in the real world.

That said, I'm a "never say never" kind of guy.  I would be among the first to embrace "magic" or "ESP" if such things could be objectively measured, especially if it/they could be made into a useful tool.  It certainly wouldn't be the first time in human history that such things have happened.  There are whole fields of present-day science that are based on phenomenon once considered magical.  Everyday use of commonplace items like cellphones or flashlights or antibiotics would have been enough to get you burned at the stake for witchcraft in certain - even fairly recent - periods of history.  And there are definitely still gaps and inconsistencies in our "official" understanding of how the universe works.  That being the case, it would be unreasonable not to keep an open mind.

Interesting points.  I agree that the effect on the world could be minimal though if one were able to accurate perform "remote viewing" it could have more real world consequences.  I do wonder if it is in part tapping into frequencies in another dimension.  I think that it is something that would eventually be explained through science but I think science in some ways either hasn't progressed to the point that it is truly measurable, or is so burned by...for example, the Inquisition periods as you referred to yourself, that it just outright rejects anyone and anything who might suggest it.  I think being openminded is really the single most important trait a scientist can have...and sometimes I think we lose that in all the limited data we have. 

13 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

I did not read the whole thing cause I'm too lazy.:p

But, well, I think I believe in ghosts. Don't ask why. Not necessarily magic, but I do spend my time on YouTube looking for spells that give you superpowers.

Magic and psychic abilities are very different.  Psychic abilities is an innate talent whereas magic is something performed (usually by ritual, energy transfer actions, chants, etc).  On that note, why do you look for spells on youtube if you don't believe in magic? 

I won't ask why you might believe in ghosts.  I can respect that.

12 hours ago, Roxeg said:

Maybe we haven't figured out the physics for it yet...  When Pulsars were first discovered, the first possibility that popped into the discoverers mind was LGM (Little Green Men).  They had to figure out the physics for it, after they were discovered. 

7 hours ago, Part_time_anime said:

The reason we believe they are ruthless because before even the rule of the Egyptian pharaoh these creatures used to live with us the humans...........................................There is so much info I missed out so sorry. But the things I said are true. And I have a reason to believe in them. 

That is very interesting.  Theologic actually.  I understand now why you believe.  It is definitely a different perspective, as you said before, from what most people would consider when thinking of ghosts and spirits. 

6 hours ago, EvilRedDwarf said:

I'm really open for anything and everything that can be considered paranormal,I'm actually pretty sure I have no power whatsoever but some people in my family think I have,I don't wanna get into why because in my opinion it is nothing big and even tought no one we know can do it I'm pretty sure it is not anything like psychic oh and I don't know anyone who has any power or they just don't want to tell me because they probably think I wouldn't believe them.

You know, for a long time I thought I had no abilities either, but several of my friends keep telling me that I must because of my dead on readings of people and their auras.  I guess it's like losing weight...you don't see the results yourself looking in the mirror but all your friends and coworkers notice the pounds melting off...odd analogy but true.  I do think though that many psychic abilities are fairly repressed due to our social system.  No one wants to be thought of as weird...or crazy... 

2 hours ago, seemore_bhutts said:

I've never really believed in the paranormal, but there have been times throughout my life where I've felt a presence that didn't belong to the people around me.

Could be wrong though... maybe I was just really happy

Did you have an impression of who it was?  As always, ignore me if I am getting too personal.

2 hours ago, Kohloo said:

I don’t know much about psychic abilities, that’s beyond my understanding, but ghosts/spirits have been a fairly common presence in my life. 

Two of my grandmothers have been present with my family since they passed away. They mostly stay with my parents, but they occasionally give visits to other members of the family as well. There was a brief period we thought they had vanished. It happened shortly after my aunt and her husband were visiting and did a sage smudge on our property. They did it without our permission and while we weren’t home (something we weren’t very happy about). It’s supposed to get rid of bad spirits, but from our experience, it also scares the good ones too. We didn’t hear anything from grandma or nanny for weeks, we were getting a bit worried because we had to move soon. Small things (that we almost missed) started to happen again though, which was a relief. We’re pretty sure they hang out in the china cabinet in my Nanny’s urn when things are unsettled. 

I don’t know if this falls into the same category, but my family has also lived in a cursed house. Now, we don’t know if it’s actually cursed or not, but bad things would happen when we lived there. My uncle and his family lived there many years before us and bad things happened to them too. While uncle was there, his and my step-dad’s father passed away from sudden illness, my aunt got really sick, and one of my cousins got pretty hurt. Then when my family lived there, my step-dad’s mother (one of the grandmothers) passed away from lung cancer, my step-dad had a fall from a ladder and badly hurt his back, and we had a chimney fire. There were lots of other small stuff, but those were the main events. Everyone in the family called it a cursed house and we moved on. 

My parents currently live in a haunted house. I lived there too, but I moved out in the new year back to my hometown. It’s really creepy. It always feels like you’re being watched. And all three of us (myself, mum, step-dad) have seen and/or heard this little old lady. Even guests have made mention of encountering her. At first it was okay, but as time went on, things started slowly turning for the worse. It’s gotten to the point where it’s being called another cursed house, except this time we know it’s being caused by a ghost/spirit/whatever you call it. Turns out, the last owners of the house was an elderly couple. The wife passed away in the house. The husband sold the house to the current owner. Before we moved in, five different sets of people had lived in that house in the course of a year (we were the sixth in that year). We didn’t understand why because the owner/landlord is really good, and the house is nice. Now we’re fairly certain it’s because of this old woman, don’t think she wants anyone there. 

This part will sound really cheesy, but I’ve also gone on a ghost tour (though I’m struggling to remember the name of the place) and saw a couple ghosts there. It was interesting experience. On the one hand, it feels almost hokey going on a ghost tour. At the same time though, it’s a historical place and it wasn’t my first time encountering ghosts/spirits. Even if I hadn’t seen any though, it still would have been a really awesome tour, getting to learn about a piece of history like that. 

I’ve had one somewhat bad experience with a spirit. This post is getting a little long though, so I’ll skim over this one real quick. Stayed at biological father’s place. Everything closed and locked tight, slept on the couch. Middle of the night, feel an intense pressure on my chest, eyes open and there’s this shadow figure leaning over me, can’t breathe, panic and manage to yell and scramble for the light, woke dad up and he searched high and low, no one to be found, he asks for more detail and it turns out the same thing has happened to him a couple times before (in the same spot), dad finds a new place the next month, no more problems. 

I’m sure I’m missing some things in here, but I’ve gotten most of it. Feel free to ask any questions, if you even have any :) 

Oh Kohloo,  I have friends who have had similar experiences as you (living with them and all) though considering how many different places you and your family have seen them, it could just be possible that you family is very sensitive to their presence.  It is very interesting that your two grandmothers are staying with the family.  It sounds as though they are watching over you all.  The smudge that your aunt did...I'd probably have disowned her for that...  Smudging removes EVERYTHING.  It forces everything out, indiscriminately.  Oftentimes, the good spirits who watch over you and may be protecting you from other things are forced out easier via smudging than other entities.  They may have been able to retain their presence due to your family's acceptance of their presence (basically...you opened the door to let them back in).  Still, I'm glad they were able to come back. 

A question...did you ever hear knocking in your cursed house?  It might not have been cursed but something else entirely...  And seeing a ghost on a ghost tour (if in truly historic places) isn't necessarily cheesy.  I know someone who took a picture on a ghost tour and I swear in front of one of the doors to a bar, you can see this mist...in the shape of an elderly woman's face.  It was the general vicinity of where she had lived and according to the tour guide, people sometimes see her at the bar.  While my friend saw nothing when she was there, when she looked at her photos later that night she was shocked!

Yikes...shadow figures are no joke.  That is a big part of the reason I don't dabble in crazy stuff like Ouji Boards.  I definitely don't want to open a door, window, or crack to something like that!  I might ask you some more questions later.  I've got to go run grab a late lunch with my husband now that he's finally out of the water but I'll be back to ask some more :)

• Like 3

@Beocat

I was a kid when we lived in that supposedly cursed house, so much of my memories from there are fairly vague. If there was knocking, it could easily be overshadowed by the sounds of rats. Unfortunately, there was a rat problem there (as with many houses in that particular area). Of the few things I remember vividly from there, it’s the sound of rats in the walls and how terrifying it is. 

I also tended to have quite bad nightmares whilst living there. But I suspect that had more to do with the environment and my state of mind, children are easily impressionable! I still dream a ton as an adult, usually absurdly weird and occasionally nightmares (though not often, which I’m thankful for). But that’s a whole other topic haha. 

The current house my parents live in (the seemingly haunted one), sometimes you’ll hear banging or talking when no one is there. It made me quite uncomfortable!

As a woman I have the power to make men do almost anything! But for real personally I don't think its entirely real or entirely fake. There are reactions built into the human body we don't fully understand yet that could give the impression of psychic abilities like when you think something bad is going to happen and it does. Your body can pick up small changes in you environment and your subconscious alerts your conscious that something is off but your brain isn't precise enough to make out what. This also applies to when you think someone is watching you. Much like many insects do.

That's just a theory though.

Oh, wait. I think it's kind of a psychic ability, but I can almost always predict what someone is going to say or do. Of course, I need to be close to that person. This might just be a coincidence, I'm not sure. But if I've known a person for a pretty much long time and am close to him/her, I'll be able to predict what he/she is going to say and/or do.

@Beocat

Well, I'm not so sure myself. I probably watch them because I might be bored. I'm confused. Waah, what going on?!

*Raises hand*

I am A long distance empath (That's what I call it)

I can sense and physically feel others emotions and pain over long distance if I have a bond with them. The closer they are the more muddled it gets.

But I was sitting down the other day and I started crying and I text my friend and said "Are you feeling this right now (describes in detail)" and it was exactly what they we're feeling.

I also on various occasions have been able to guess information about people I don't know, like who someone's friend's name is, or an object or message that means something to them

I rarely see spirits, I more feel and hear them. But only if I tune into it.

I was told by a spiritualist that I could be a natural medium, but this freaks me out so much, I don't like it when spirits talk through me, though I guess that's more possession?

As for shadow figures I used to see these people in the corners of my room, or in halls, always just watching in the dark places. I am told this can mean a Satanist queen has moved into your town. It stopped eventually. That's the only time I have physically seen something.

The rest of the time it's like a image in my head or like... Sensing an intent.

Also, I know I shouldn't have, but I'm pretty sure I did blood magic.

Dunno why, but one day I just cut myself, drew a pentagram, and asked whatever was out there to make me feel something. After that for about a year by bed would shake every night. But it also stopped on it's own.

I still have no clue what made me do that, but I'm told sensitive people are more easily swayed (possessed) by spirits intentions or wills, and I was very emotional at the time, so it's possible it took advantage of that. But it's sorted it's self out.

I am also sure I have had a helpful spirit, I lost my charger one day, looked everywhere, come back and a box that wasn't open previous was opened a crack with the charger sticking out. So it's not all bad.

I have also been contacted by the spirit of someone who did something bad. And a quick internet search confirmed thier story. So I told them to move on.

And that's about it.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, Reiko said:

As a woman I have the power to make men do almost anything! But for real personally I don't think its entirely real or entirely fake. There are reactions built into the human body we don't fully understand yet that could give the impression of psychic abilities like when you think something bad is going to happen and it does. Your body can pick up small changes in you environment and your subconscious alerts your conscious that something is off but your brain isn't precise enough to make out what. This also applies to when you think someone is watching you. Much like many insects do.

That's just a theory though.

It is a very common theory as well.  Humans were actually prey not too far back in the evolutionary history so our survival instincts (aka...innate prey paranoia) kept us living and still kick in today.

23 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

Oh, wait. I think it's kind of a psychic ability, but I can almost always predict what someone is going to say or do. Of course, I need to be close to that person. This might just be a coincidence, I'm not sure. But if I've known a person for a pretty much long time and am close to him/her, I'll be able to predict what he/she is going to say and/or do.

@Beocat

Well, I'm not so sure myself. I probably watch them because I might be bored. I'm confused. Waah, what going on?!

That is interesting and I have heard of other people having a similar ability (always with friends and family).  There are two theories there.  Either you have been psychoanalyzing them (whether by intention or not) and are pulling from your internal knowledge of them or you are picking up on vibrational frequencies and their aura.  It would be fairly hard to delineate that.

9 hours ago, Renee said:

*Raises hand*

I am A long distance empath (That's what I call it)

I can sense and physically feel others emotions and pain over long distance if I have a bond with them. The closer they are the more muddled it gets.

But I was sitting down the other day and I started crying and I text my friend and said "Are you feeling this right now (describes in detail)" and it was exactly what they we're feeling.

I also on various occasions have been able to guess information about people I don't know, like who someone's friend's name is, or an object or message that means something to them

I rarely see spirits, I more feel and hear them. But only if I tune into it.

I was told by a spiritualist that I could be a natural medium, but this freaks me out so much, I don't like it when spirits talk through me, though I guess that's more possession?

As for shadow figures I used to see these people in the corners of my room, or in halls, always just watching in the dark places. I am told this can mean a Satanist queen has moved into your town. It stopped eventually. That's the only time I have physically seen something.

The rest of the time it's like a image in my head or like... Sensing an intent.

Also, I know I shouldn't have, but I'm pretty sure I did blood magic.

Dunno why, but one day I just cut myself, drew a pentagram, and asked whatever was out there to make me feel something. After that for about a year by bed would shake every night. But it also stopped on it's own.

I still have no clue what made me do that, but I'm told sensitive people are more easily swayed (possessed) by spirits intentions or wills, and I was very emotional at the time, so it's possible it took advantage of that. But it's sorted it's self out.

I am also sure I have had a helpful spirit, I lost my charger one day, looked everywhere, come back and a box that wasn't open previous was opened a crack with the charger sticking out. So it's not all bad.

I have also been contacted by the spirit of someone who did something bad. And a quick internet search confirmed thier story. So I told them to move on.

And that's about it.

It sounds like you have some claircognizance and clairsentience wrapped up in there (which empath and medium abilities would work with).  As far as being a medium and possession....being a medium is simply the ability to tune in and listen in to spirits (sometimes on an empath level, other times hearing voices or seeing physical entities).  Possession is when you open the door and let them take over (and being under stress from anxiety, illness, and emotional troubles would make you more vulnerable to it).  Anyone can be possessed.  Not everyone can be a fully developed medium.  Your experiences sound very interesting and similar to a friend of mine (though he did open the door himself).  It really sounds like you've taken charge of your abilities to an extent.  Sometimes it is a negative and othertimes a positive as you say.

• Like 3

Yes and no. Yes being the fact that as a pagan I do believe there are those who have psychic abilities (like indigo children). But as for straight up mediums who go into people's homes and tell the owners "Oh I feel a strong presence in this room. Did somebody die a horrible death here?" Yeah, okay that is fake to me. Anyone can find out if somebody died in a house/apartment/other building by doing a little research. Anyone can play that game. Also TV series like Ghost Hunters is so fake it isn't even funny. It's just fake people trying to scare others and trick them into giving them money. Just stop! *eyeroll*

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Yes and no. Yes being the fact that as a pagan I do believe there are those who have psychic abilities (like indigo children). But as for straight up mediums who go into people's homes and tell the owners "Oh I feel a strong presence in this room. Did somebody die a horrible death here?" Yeah, okay that is fake to me. Anyone can find out if somebody died in a house/apartment/other building by doing a little research. Anyone can play that game. Also TV series like Ghost Hunters is so fake it isn't even funny. It's just fake people trying to scare others and trick them into giving them money. Just stop! *eyeroll*

Except when you don't know the person or anything about them and have done no research. At that point it's not so fake.

I believe in magic, psychic powers, demons, ghosts and everything else in between. :) I mean, truth is stranger than fiction and with so many religions having myths including magic and demons and mythical creatures which even coincide with other religions mythologies, I definetely believe. 

17 minutes ago, Renee said:

Except when you don't know the person or anything about them and have done no research. At that point it's not so fake.

When they have their own TV series. Yes I believe it's fake. 

2 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

When they have their own TV series. Yes I believe it's fake. 

Some are definitely fake, others I do not believe that is the case.  I think each "show" and each "case" should be approached individually.  I personally enjoy watching Haunted Case Files (I think that's the name) where well traveled paranormal investigators recount their most memorable or horrifying cases.  It is quite interesting to hear their accounts, especially when they come across an apparition and do not realize it until later in the case.  I believe that if a medium is brought in with no previous knowledge of a home, not having any information on why they are there or where they are going, that does increase the chance of it being true.  

That being said, yes there are some shows out there just to make a buck.  Leaning on my Sasquatch shows (I also follow Sasquatch shows and Monster shows though I'm not convinced of El Chupacabra), some of them are very interesting in that they are actually following new cases.  Others it is obvious they are just making stuff up (especially when they point to an extremely well known sighting that occurred 10-15 years ago and claim it happened "just last week!  He must still be in the area >_>").  Again, with those I take it entirely with a grain of salt and consider each show and each case as an individual point that must be evaluated for inclusion or exclusion of my beliefs.  Same is true of paranormal shows and UFO documentaries. 

21 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

I remember some kid on my school bus many, many years ago losing his mind because he found all of his chickens dead one morning. Claimed it was a Chupacabra. I'm iffy when it comes to cryptids. I just can't imagine there's a bipedal vampire dog roaming around somewhere, but it seems likely there could just be an exceptionally strange critter nobody has officially discovered yet. For Chupacabra specifically, any and all recovered corpses which were allegedly that of the monster turned out to be mangey dogs. There is absolutely an explanation for how this happens to livestock, we simply have yet to explain it. Who knows, maybe it is the work of some freaky blood-sucking animal? People thought narwhals were hoaxes, too. 

Was it bloody?  Were there tracks?  Did the rooster crowing annoy his next door neighbor's wife and she got up in the middle of the night and poisoned them (happened here...that's a felony folks, at least in these woods it is)?  I'm thinking....fox in the henhouse....or pack of coyotes...or a bad neighbor. 

I'm very iffy on El Chupacabra too for those exact reasons.  I'm more inclined to believe in Mothman (especially since the government was so interested in him...possibly he got loose from one of their facilities), the Wendigo (The cold north is ancient...), and the butterfly people (I doubt all those people had the same hallucination doing the same thing) than a mangy dog...that is too much mange and malnourished to recognize as a dog anymore.