Do you believe in psychic abilities?

Beocat

19 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

I'm afraid details of this story escape me, as it was something like 17 or 18 years ago. It was the first of its nature I'd ever heard of.

Right, could have been anything. Chupacabra simply sounds like an animal or even insects could be responsible for its infamy. I'm not so familiar with Mothman, or many other cryptids for that matter. I haven't put a lot of thought into them if I'm being honest.

I could literally go on and on about them (and that is excluding Sasquatch (but including SheepSquatch!) as a topic all of its own).  Black Eyed Kids (BEKs), Vampires in the French Quarter of New Orleans, the Jersey Devil, and...literally on forever LOL.  I figure, in Europe you have legends and myths of Dragons, Hellhounds, trolls, and Giants even.  The stuff we have over on the other side of the water is just as interesting (if some of the stories about them are not as old).

2 hours ago, Beocat said:

Some are definitely fake, others I do not believe that is the case.  I think each "show" and each "case" should be approached individually.  I personally enjoy watching Haunted Case Files (I think that's the name) where well traveled paranormal investigators recount their most memorable or horrifying cases.  It is quite interesting to hear their accounts, especially when they come across an apparition and do not realize it until later in the case.  I believe that if a medium is brought in with no previous knowledge of a home, not having any information on why they are there or where they are going, that does increase the chance of it being true.  

That being said, yes there are some shows out there just to make a buck.  Leaning on my Sasquatch shows (I also follow Sasquatch shows and Monster shows though I'm not convinced of El Chupacabra), some of them are very interesting in that they are actually following new cases.  Others it is obvious they are just making stuff up (especially when they point to an extremely well known sighting that occurred 10-15 years ago and claim it happened "just last week!  He must still be in the area >_>").  Again, with those I take it entirely with a grain of salt and consider each show and each case as an individual point that must be evaluated for inclusion or exclusion of my beliefs.  Same is true of paranormal shows and UFO documentaries. 

Yeah it's more of the fact when it's widely known what NOT to do and there are shows that DO it. Messing with Ouija boards, yelling at spiritual entities to get them to manifest, etc. Those annoy me and the advertisements for such shows make it look like something is gonna happen on this episode! And... nothing. 😞