Controversial Rappers

Reiko

Hey guys, smol Asian girl here.

What do you guys think about the controversial rappers of this day and age? XXXTENTACION, Tay-K, 6IX9INE, ECT.

Personally I like XXX's newest album "?", it is a work of art in my opinion, 6IX9INE is kinda intense and only has a few good songs. Tay-K has some good music but "Hard" was kinda weak.

Lil Pump??? Ehhhh.....

@ReikoI think most of those rappers that you mentioned have good beats but they don't have a lot of substance to their lyrics. I can easily listen to any of em if I wanna pump myself up but I get bored after a while and they start to sound repetitive and grating to me.

Well I hate rap music for the most part, although some rappers I really like. Honestly though I don'y listen to modern day rappers like Drake and Lil Pump because imo they suck; I hear them on the radio and they are just so bad, lol. 

2Pac was a controversial rapper and the best rapper ever imo. 

8 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

Lil Pump. Are you kidding me. I literally hate his songs. And isn't Lil Pump a mumble rapper? Hmm, what about Lil Tay?

Lil Tay doesn't count as a rapper really, Lil Pump has some good songs if you jump off the anti-gucchi gang bandwagon. that song wasn't very good but hes not a bad rapper.

11 hours ago, Dot.com said:

@ReikoI think most of those rappers that you mentioned have good beats but they don't have a lot of substance to their lyrics. I can easily listen to any of em if I wanna pump myself up but I get bored after a while and they start to sound repetitive and grating to me.

I agree to some extent but there's no way that you can possibly sit there and tell me XXX's songs are repetitive. they have a huge range. 

XXX has a huge range he sings from, sure his songs are a little emo but they are damn good.

3 hours ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

Well I hate rap music for the most part, although some rappers I really like. Honestly though I don'y listen to modern day rappers like Drake and Lil Pump because imo they suck; I hear them on the radio and they are just so bad, lol. 

2Pac was a controversial rapper and the best rapper ever imo. 

Drake is coined as being one of the best rappers ever next to Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West.

------------

A lot of what I'm seeing is disapproval or disbelief in the modern rap community for almost no reason, many of these songs are great commentaries on life or loss and I feel like you all look over them for no reason other than that's what you are told to believe. I feel like if you gave some of them a listen you'd actually like them and realize that there is a line between good rap and bragging about money in a song.

Some recommendations:

Juice WRLD - Goodbye & Good Riddance (Album)

XXXTENTACION - ? (Album)

Kayne West - Ye (Album)

------------

Try them out

The rappers you have stated I don’t really like them. I don’t consider them really rappers. What I look in rappers is a fast beat hard tone with acctualy rapping innit not singing. Lol. 

I used to listen to rap and hip hop a lot before. Now I stoped. Favourite hip hop group, 67 and Harlem Spartans. Their lyrics are mad and up to beat. It’s rap nothing like you have stated. 

I also like the raper bugzy malone. I used to listen to him a lot he was good.  

9 minutes ago, Part_time_anime said:

The rappers you have stated I don’t really like them. I don’t consider them really rappers. What I look in rappers is a fast beat hard tone with acctualy rapping innit not singing. Lol. 

I used to listen to rap and hip hop a lot before. Now I stoped. Favourite hip hop group, 67 and Harlem Spartans. Their lyrics are mad and up to beat. It’s rap nothing like you have stated. 

I also like the raper bugzy malone. I used to listen to him a lot he was good.  

theres a lot of good outside of what I stated but I'm getting at the controversial ones, like how Tay-K is being brought up on 6 accounts of capital murder and XXX just got a case for domestic abuse dismissed and 6IX9INE was convicted for statutory rape of a 14 year old.

• Informative 1

30 minutes ago, Reiko said:

theres a lot of good outside of what I stated but I'm getting at the controversial ones, like how Tay-K is being brought up on 6 accounts of capital murder and XXX just got a case for domestic abuse dismissed and 6IX9INE was convicted for statutory rape of a 14 year old.

Ow sorry I didn’t really know what you meant by controversial. 

Okay so what I think of controversial rappers. Same response I dislike them. They talk about their life sometimes going down hill in their raps and the shit they get into. But they caused that on themselves. And all of them are drug addicts with no self control. That’s why I think they get into shit. Then they act like nothing has happened. They are self centred. Not giving second thought to anyone else. 

They use their money to get away with things. They also contradict themselves in many occasions.

That’s why I used to listen to raps the ones I stated. They talk about shit they do and don’t feel remorse. They don’t moarn about their life going down hill they embrace it. 

I think I was just waffling none-sense so lol and cba to do anything about it so lol. I guess thanks for listening to my pointless opinion. 

@Reiko XXX does have a big range but I'm speaking in a general sense. The rappers that you mentioned, most of their songs that are marketed sound the same because that's what sells. It's not a bad thing but, like I said, gets boring after a while.