method of gathering information for study?/doing tasks given to you

XII360

gather informations internet or books?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. which of the following do you gather information often? (during assignments/tasks given to you)

• books
    • internet
    • professor handouts only.
    • ...friends
    • AOTA (all of the above)

so like, i made a thread about how you study, but which information do you mostly rely onto when gathering information? 

from the internet? books?...teachers/professors hand outs?

personally when im given a task i use the internet as my source for anything

i know all my professor says "rely on books more than internet" but i cant help it, in our current age internet is making searching for something much easier and cheaper at that

what about you? what is your source of information 

Edited by XII360

Do you need help studying for a test or what?

I'm not really willing to study. And, being Asian and all, my teachers don't really want info straight from the Internet. They want us to just use the books (aka memorize them). But there are a few subjects where our teacher wants us to research. Say for instance, Biology. Our teacher, let's call her Mrs.R, always asks us to check the Internet whether or not the info is wrong. Our books are pretty old, and she wants us to know the "now" things because it'll be better in the future. I love her, but she doesn't pay me any attention (long story, I won't go into it) so... I don't really like her.

23 minutes ago, AniMeFReaK said:

Do you need help studying for a test or what?

I'm not really willing to study. And, being Asian and all, my teachers don't really want info straight from the Internet. They want us to just use the books (aka memorize them). But there are a few subjects where our teacher wants us to research. Say for instance, Biology. Our teacher, let's call her Mrs.R, always asks us to check the Internet whether or not the info is wrong. Our books are pretty old, and she wants us to know the "now" things because it'll be better in the future. I love her, but she doesn't pay me any attention (long story, I won't go into it) so... I don't really like her.

naw, just some topics and some finding out how other people usually study is all, 

edit: just remembered what they call it in english, i guess you could say im doing a "survey" ?

sounds like a nice teacher, wish our professors would go for new information on internet over books

Edited by XII360
edits are for losers...oh
  • Agree 1

I study all aroubd, trusted teachers, some books, the internet and what i call improv study where I use all if what i learned to learn something different but with shared traits.

the best way to learn is not to use just one method, but rather several and to listen to people who are trusted and know better

Best way I gather info for my coursework is the internet. Because it’s quick and easy and you don’t have to go through the effort of finding it in a book. 

But I still recommend books for certain things like history. Even though I dropped that subject I got interested innit recently and now I am doing a course on it with just using books. 

Also for English internet is very useful as something’s are not stated in the book. Also my English teacher is a joker. He does not teach us anything about English but more about his life. Lol.