What’s your nickname?🤭

Part_time_anime

I am curious of what other peoples nicknames are because almost all my life no one really called me by my real name only my second name and mainly my nicknames. And when we friends and relatives talk to each other we call everyone by their nicknames.

You can also say why you were called that name.

I will state some of my main nicknames—

the most annoying nickname I ever had was being called ‘tea man’. But in my own language and it rhymed. All my relatives and friends would call me this because I used to work in a cafe making tea. Sometimes my friends will come over whilst I’m working and would call me that. There was a point my manager started to call me that aswell and it was the most annoying thing. she didnt speak my language but it was funny when she said it. However I had a crush on my manager and this decreased my chances with her😫

Then my friends started to call me ‘kebab’. I found this as a compliment because yeah I love kebabs. If you know what they are you know how amazing they are and I was kind addicted to them. 🍢🍖

Currently everyone I know calls me a ‘fisherman’. Then everyone’s laughs at me. This is because I brought a new hat and got a fresh look but no they still had to make a nickname of it. 😅

Currently they also call me ‘black shadow’ I think this is a cool nickname. This is because I am fast and I wear black. At night time if you see me running you will only see a black shadow. 𗂾😀

There is more of my nickname. 

Anyways your nicknames are probably more interesting than mine. 

Well, in the town I grew up in, some people we called by their first names (the preppy type and the going nowhere type) and everyone else we called by their last names (so...basically all us geeks and average joes).  I actually think it was easier to just call people by their last name anyways.  If you had two Josh's for example (or worse...three), and you called out for Josh, they'd both answer.  Last names were just easier for us all.  My best friend still calls me by my last name (and I by her last name) and we've known each other 25 or so years now :) She was the first person I called by last name (and I was probably the same for her LOL).

Nowadays, I have another nickname I go by...one that I made up myself to make things easier at work (it also amused my technicians and any humor in that hellish place was a good thing).  Not going to post it though just in case one of them happens by.  They are a nosey bunch so I wouldn't put it past a few of them to be trying to track me down online.  Crazy people.  I'm not kidding.

I also have found I have a tendancy to nickname my cats.  It started with Tiggr (who I called Tiggs and Handsome), then Aida (Sweety), then Zooey (Zo), then Juliet (Fuzzy Butt), then Riptide (Angel), then Guardian (Small Lady).  Now Guardian...funny story there.  We called her Guardian because although she was the emaciated tiny kitten of the litter we saved, anytime something would scare her sisters, she would jump in front of them while they hid :)  She was essentially their Guardian.  Then as she grew up she always carried herself in a very refined and dignified manner, always sitting proper and all...and I just started calling her Small Lady.  It would be some months after that before I would realize what I had done!  Apparently, I had a Pretty Sailor "Guardian"...Sailor Kitty Moon ;) It was entirely unintentional but whenever I think about it, I always smile. 

I've got a million nicknames, and I'm not going to go into some of them. One of them is Arkady and it's given by my parents. Supposedly she's one of the characters from the novel Foundation by Isaac Asimov, and they really wanted my name to be Arkady. Of course, our family protested that it was a "foreign name"(they've got some weird conspiracy theories, not going to go into them) and so it was declined. But my parents still call me Arkady when we're alone.

And then there's Nu. Nu's actually a part of my real name (most of you here know my real name) and it was another one my parents liked to call me when I was a kid. They still call me Nu, but it's pretty rare.

And... this one's really weird. Luti. Don't go laugh at me! My brother called me Luti when I was a kid. It kind of means bread. I dunno why he would call me bread.

I'm called Mental by some of my friends, probably cause I have some mental disorders.

And the others mostly include swear words (e.g. b*tch...) so I'm not going to go into them.

8 hours ago, seemore_bhutts said:

My real name is Kenneth, and I've always preferred Kenneth over my nickname; "Kenny"

I actually got this nickname from my dad

Kenny🤭😊 that’s a nice name. I have a friend with I think the same name as yours. But one two letters a bit different. 

4 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

And... this one's really weird. Luti. Don't go laugh at me! My brother called me Luti when I was a kid. It kind of means bread. I dunno why he would call me bread.

😂 sorry I had to laugh. Luti means something else in my language. It’s a brush next to the toilet that you clean the toilet with. It’s not a official word but people still say it. And I call my friends bread. It’s called roti. 

8 hours ago, Beocat said:

also have found I have a tendancy to nickname my cats.  It started with Tiggr (who I called Tiggs and Handsome), then Aida (Sweety), then Zooey (Zo), then Juliet (Fuzzy Butt), then Riptide (Angel), then Guardian (Small Lady)

Wow you have so many cats. I love love love kittens and always wanted a kitten but it was not allowed in my house. I want to ask a question about cats. Do they poo everywhere. That’s the reason it’s not allowed in my house. 

Edited by Part_time_anime
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Part_time_anime said:

sorry I had to laugh. Luti means something else in my language. It’s a brush next to the toilet that you clean the toilet with. It’s not a official word but people still say it. And I call my friends bread. It’s called roti.

So... now I'm a toilet brush?

And yeah, roti means bread too, I get what you're saying. He couldn't say roti properly, he called me Luti. Guess he loved bread a lot.

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Part_time_anime said:

Wow you have so many cats. I love love love kittens and always wanted a kitten but it was not allowed in my house. I want to ask a question about cats. Do they poo everywhere. That’s the reason it’s not allowed in my house. 

I have had many over the course of my life. Always been a cat person. My father wasn't much of one until he met Tiggs and my husband wasn't one either until he met Tiggs. Tiggs was a special cat, for sure.

Never had that problem. If you have a litter box and litter that they like, they will use the box (and essentially no training required). Once Tiggs dropped a load in front of my desk in my gameroom/office ( he sent me a message). I had accidentally bought the wrong kitty litter (didn't see the glade logo on it...bought based on the color of the tub). I guess he wanted his box to smell like crap and not "clean springs". One complete cleaning and litter changeout to his regular stuff and he was happy and going in the box again. Find a litter they like and stick with it.

• Like 1

The only nickname I've got is Boo Bear or being called by my name with "boo" after. No one's called me it in a long time though, it was just a nickname my parents gave me when I was little.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beocat said:

desk in my gameroom/office

If your office is basically your game room. How do the hell do you concentrate in your work. I would probably play game all day and if I try to work I wouldn’t be able to. 

38 minutes ago, Part_time_anime said:

If your office is basically your game room. How do the hell do you concentrate in your work. I would probably play game all day and if I try to work I wouldn’t be able to. 

It is a very large room. the first half has a SCUBA nook (for 70% of our gear), my desk, filing cabinet, minifridge, anime cabinets (two giant glass sliding door cabinets) and my bookshelf. Oh, and my trunk.

The gaming side is separated by my leather reclining couch (with built in cup holders), with my video games on display, the TV, and the giant window (with double curtains to blackout light if needed). I have a windowsill extension in the window though for the girls and they are always up there, day and night.

My gaming/Anime art and statues are placed in various spots around the room.

Honestly, the gaming doesn't distract me half as much as clutter does. Keeping the bills and stuff from accumulating on my desk is my constant struggle. 

• Like 1

My parents called me Cow when I was younger cause I was fat jokes on them I don't even weigh 110 pounds now

Most of my nicknames are just different versions of my name and no one close to me actually calls me by my full name. My parents and close friends shorten it. 

As for other nicknames, I have a few of them on messenger. I was the president of one of the clubs at my uni for two years and all of the members call me "overlord" for some reason. Some of my other friends call me "kitty" because they think it's hilarious that I am allergic to cats even though I love them. 

1 hour ago, alupacard said:

Some of my other friends call me "kitty"

That’s cute. I call my friends gf kitty to piss him off. Lol. Acctualy there is so many people nicknamed kitty that I know. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Part_time_anime said:

That’s cute. I call my friends gf kitty to piss him off. Lol. Acctualy there is so many people nicknamed kitty that I know. 

thank you~ hahah I can imagine why... :D wow really? 

• Like 1