fast charging or normal charge !?

XII360

so as title says, do you prefer charging your mobile phone via (if it can) fast charge, or via normal charge ?!

i suddenly thought of this idea while i was charging my phone, 

personally i charge my phone via fast charger (all the time), my phone heats up but that is the equievalent exchange of having a phone charged within 1 hour compared to whole night >.>

what about you ?, do you fast charge all the time ?, slow charge all the time ?, fast charge when you need phone charged ASAP and slow charge when your just gonna sleep it off?!

I usually slow charge my phone because this is ultimately better for the long term life of your battery. When I get really busy, then I use fast charging just because I don't have time to wait around for it. 

• Like 1

The physics/chemistry says that if the battery is getting warm then it is being stressed.  This will shorten its life.  (And in the special case of li-ion batteries, too much heat buildup can cause them to rapidly break down internally and violently destroy themselves, and often anything nearby as well.*)  If you have the time then it is always better to slow-charge your battery-operated devices.  Also, whether you charge it fast or slow, a battery's life is directly related to the number of charge/discharge cycles.  If you're quick-charging because you are continually running your battery down and always needing to charge it then that will shorten its life expectancy as well.

That said, modern batteries are designed with modern devices and use patterns in mind.  With occasional exceptions due to manufacturing defects current batteries are fairly tolerant of abuse, and most cellphone batteries will last the expected 18 month product life-cycle regardless.  If you're the kind of person that upgrades every year or every other year then it probably doesn't matter much how often or how quickly you charge.  If you're the kind of person who upgrades maybe twice a decade then you might want to be nicer to your battery and charge it more slowly.  :)

*Because this reminded me of the GTA cellphone mod... :D  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhODn4FRoE

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

The physics/chemistry says that if the battery is getting warm then it is being stressed.  This will shorten its life.  (And in the special case of li-ion batteries, too much heat buildup can cause them to rapidly break down internally and violently destroy themselves, and often anything nearby as well.*)  If you have the time then it is always better to slow-charge your battery-operated devices.  Also, whether you charge it fast or slow, a battery's life is directly related to the number of charge/discharge cycles.  If you're quick-charging because you are continually running your battery down and always needing to charge it then that will shorten its life expectancy as well.

That said, modern batteries are designed with modern devices and use patterns in mind.  With occasional exceptions due to manufacturing defects current batteries are fairly tolerant of abuse, and most cellphone batteries will last the expected 18 month product life-cycle regardless.  If you're the kind of person that upgrades every year or every other year then it probably doesn't matter much how often or how quickly you charge.  If you're the kind of person who upgrades maybe twice a decade then you might want to be nicer to your battery and charge it more slowly.  :)

*Because this reminded me of the GTA cellphone mod... :D  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhODn4FRoE

whats messed up is that the phone sticks to cars >.>

but yea generally speaking its true on what you said, whether you charge fast or slow your phones battery will be resting in piece,

it just depends on how fast itll be sent to the graveyard

5 minutes ago, XII360 said:

whats messed up is that the phone sticks to cars

IIRC the mod just re-skinned the C4 explosives.

14 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

IIRC the mod just re-skinned the C4 explosives.

yea i know, but i mean imagine if s7's would actually stick to cars, overheat them and kablowy, you have a tactical c4

edit: unrelated note, but maybe related note, my phone is s7 active...>_>....

Edited by XII360
  • Like 1

How the hell do you get a choice of a faster charger and a regular charger?😂 charger is a charger And all of them are the same. For My iPhone there is not a fast or regular charger. It’s only one type. I just wish there was a fast charger.

1 minute ago, Part_time_anime said:

How the hell do you get a choice of a faster charger and a regular charger?😂 charger is a charger And all of them are the same. For My iPhone there is not a fast or regular charger. It’s only one type. I just wish there was a fast charger.

some phones can fast charge (i think starting S7 above phones?) for samsung, incidentally it means that the phone will have more electricity shoved up its battery core (lewdly intaken) thus instead of taking, say 4-6 hours to fully charge your phone, itll take an hour (literally) to fully charge the phone, but not all phones support this

i dont use iphones so idk if they support fast charging method's, maybe thats why you dont know of it ?!

also its more of the brand of the charger thatll determine if it can do the whole fast charging thingy, they will usually have it written in the charger "adaptive fast charger", but it also depends if the phone can support the fast charge function thingy 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Part_time_anime said:

Look at the amp (current) rating on your charger.  Some of them are 2A or more, some of them are less than 0.5A. If the charger is the kind that gives you a USB plug, the older USB1 and 2 specs only go to 0.5A.  The newer USB3 can go up to 1.5A, but a lot of the chargers go to 2.0, 2.1, or even 3.0A.  *IF* you have a charger that can deliver the current then you can charge your phone faster, assuming the phone/device itself supports it.

For Apple devices, if you have a newer iPhone 8, 8 plus, or X, you actually can fast-charge, though you'll need a new USB-C cable and/or power supply...
https://gizmodo.com/we-tested-iphone-fast-charging-and-you-should-definitel-1820483924

For most devices it ultimately depends on the device.  All modern devices have sensors and charging circuitry in the phone that limits the rate of charge to something that's safe for the battery.  If they get too hot then the charging circuit will throttle the charge rate down regardless of what the power supply or the cable can deliver.  (See "exploding phones", above.)

• Like 1