Trying to Find an OLD anime

Xandreyn

Question

If there is  a specific thread for this, i apologize for not using it. I couldn't find one. 

I am looking for a very old anime. I don't know the premise/plot. All i remember is that the drawing style is very crude, not as detailed as shows in this decade. The main protagonist rides what appears to be an odd looking camel - Long neck, humped, wears a floppy red mask - and the person wears a mask as well, a long cloak and using some sort of rifle. I think it might be a post-apocalyptic anime, or at least it's set somewhere that is very dry and has little or no water. I seem to recall that the show has a lot of sequences where they are traveling across the desert in almost a side-scroller video game style - the camera is pulled way back, so all you get is a silhouette.

Any help would be appreciated. I know it's old - but i can't think of it or find it just by googling. It's not  'Desert Punk', though it may be  in the same genre.

6 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Frith said:

I was thinking Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind until you mentioned the side-scrolling.

Unfortunately, time erodes memories.  I've found that many times, people misremember details or even combine two different anime into one.  The further in the past, the more imprecise the description.  Might still be Nausicaa. 

Having a more precise idea of what years or how far back we should be considering for this anime would be very helpful actually, @Xandreyn

4 hours ago, Xandreyn said:

If there is  a specific thread for this, i apologize for not using it. I couldn't find one. 

I am looking for a very old anime. I don't know the premise/plot. All i remember is that the drawing style is very crude, not as detailed as shows in this decade. The main protagonist rides what appears to be an odd looking camel - Long neck, humped, wears a floppy red mask - and the person wears a mask as well, a long cloak and using some sort of rifle. I think it might be a post-apocalyptic anime, or at least it's set somewhere that is very dry and has little or no water. I seem to recall that the show has a lot of sequences where they are traveling across the desert in almost a side-scroller video game style - the camera is pulled way back, so all you get is a silhouette.

Any help would be appreciated. I know it's old - but i can't think of it or find it just by googling. It's not  'Desert Punk', though it may be  in the same genre.

Possibly?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076929/

It was one of my favorites when I was younger.  What can I say? :D  Kind of random though.  If you like FLCL then you might like Wizards.

Star Wars fans might (or might not) want to note the bit-part by Mark Hamil.

• Friendly 1