New Registrations Suspended

Optic

@Optic Thank you for taking measures, we know it's best for now. Patience is the key, let's not get ahead of ourselves when you have other things to take care of. Courage for your other issues (╹◡╹)

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

31 minutes ago, Optic said:

Hi everyone,

We are continuing to have ongoing SPAM and new registrations from those trying to advertise.

We have had manual approval put in place for new members but I am currently not able to sift through the queue in a timely manner because I am currently undergoing some challenging life circumstances.

In the small amount of free time I have in ensuring the upkeep of AF, I am spending the remainder on moderating new registrations/posts instead of being able to participate in the anime discussions.

In future I do intend to recruit moderation staff but I need to write guidelines and processes to accommodate this platform which I still have not been able to do yet at this time.

In the meantime I am suspending new member registrations until my life circumstances improve.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Happens when a big snake digests a dinanaur

I think thats thats how it went ?

But ya, one solution would be more staff buttttttt, you would need to pick the right staff, [and you did say you would look into it, but just keep reading guys >.>], and for that

You must fix your own battles at first

But ya wishing you luck on rl issues man ;o

No worries we'll patrol the ramparts while you take care of your needs. We sincerely appreciate all that you do and are in your corner should you need us. 

I would like to say that spam and advertisers have been happening in most forums for quite a while now, judging by what I have seen. So, closing the registration window is pretty much understood. We are all supporting you, too, so best of luck with your life!

When you have time, why don't you try and create a flagging system?  then people can flag what bothers them so you shouldn't have as much to look through. And you can either come up with a punishment for the flagged or the flagger based on the situation.  Just a thought.  After reading through your script it seems you're quite good.  I'm sure you'll figure it out.  Best of luck in life and any other endeavors 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...