What's The Most Akward thing that happened in your life?

Zupay

Heyo Everybody :D 

Im Zupay from Switzerland and wanted to ask this because maybe it have some funny stories:ph34r:

One of my Awkward moments was...
I liked this girl, we were together in the bus. When I got out I fell in front of her on the ground, because it had snowed and ice had formed on the ground...this was kinda akward for me :/

now you turn! ^^

• Like 1

Actually, I've got a lot of those moments in my life. If I tell you about all of them, we'd be here all day! I'll hit the basics.

• So... my friend and I had a fight, and because of my ego I refused to apologize. But deep in my heart I knew that I had to. So... I wrote a reply totally unrelated to the fight, and gave it to her. It was about this tough situation I was in. And... I sensed that we both felt pretty awkward. And this may not sound much, but it'll sound really awkward when you read the conversation we had on WhatsApp.
  • I remember this one time I had corrected a teacher but she refused to believe it. And after a while she found out that I was right (she didn't let me know but I found out... somehow.:P) and... I could sense the awkward tension between us. Neither of us brought it up ever again.

You gotta give me time to remember the others. I'll edit this when I remember them (which might be never).

13 hours ago, Zupay said:

Heyo Everybody :D 

Im Zupay from Switzerland and wanted to ask this because maybe it have some funny stories:ph34r:

One of my Awkward moments was...
I liked this girl, we were together in the bus. When I got out I fell in front of her on the ground, because it had snowed and ice had formed on the ground...this was kinda akward for me :/

now you turn! ^^

replying to this thread.

jk, but for real's, probably one of my most akward moment was when i walked up to someone in school, thought he was my classmate and was like "yo", and then i saw his face,which was that of not one of i would know, not one of that of my friends wouldest be, but a random total stranger,

i then normally said hi and left >.>...

Everyday of my life is awkward. This is because I am a very social person and I can’t stand silence I have to talk to someone’s even it’s a stranger which I do very often actually. 

Once I had a argument with this girl back in high school and she said eww during our argument. We don’t like each other since then. then she joined one friendship group and started to hang out with them. I was very close to that friendship group and at times I would hang out with them as people in that group I was cool with. Then she joined and as we don’t like each other at all the whole situation was very awkward. I wanted to stay and talk with these cool people but at the same time I didnot want to be next to her. And we couldn’t even start arguing as this is kind of a foreign group to us and we are not mutual friends with this group. So it was very awkward. 

Here you go,laugh your ass out...

1. I was still in school,just starting high school and I was out with my best friend and two of us were with this two guys,also best friends but we also had crushes on those two boy,and after while we split up and I was with a guy I liked,we were like talking,joking and everything and I was really nervous,so he asked me something and I was going to answer him but the moment i opened my mouth to speak i belched,ai tried to hide it with cough but I know he didn’t buy it,that was 5 years ago,I still have trouble sleeping when I think about it(nothing ever happened with a boy,he soon started to be depressed jackass because of some girl)

2. This is a bit shorter,I was meeting with my best friends and They live next to another and I lived about 10min away,so I was a bit late in meeting them so I decided to take a shortcut,long story short,a really hot guy was going toward me and I wanted to look a bit feminine but the shortcut was going downhill,pretty hard,and there is a track where bycicles were going and it was raining few day earlier so the earth was still wet and I stumbled and fell,the guy was few meter in front of me,to make things worst,when I got back up I was so embarrassed and decided to dodge the path where guy was so I took the other path which was not a path but a lot of gras on that hill and I had high heels so you can only guess how that looked,walking on a wet grass with heels and then running to the path a near...oh I guess it’s not shorter😂

Edited by EvilRedDwarf
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was on a little trip with my class and we came across a middle-aged man who was acting very strangely. We were waiting for the teacher to come and while doing so we realized that a man was sitting on a corner next to the train station. He was looking at us all the time with a creepy look while holding a white canister on his hands. He suddenly began screaming into the canister...then he stood up and while looking at us, he literally ran away. We felt really uneasy because he turned around to us a few times while he was walking away. If I think about it over and over again then I guess that he might have been suffering from a mental disorder like paranoia.

Though some people laughed out loud thinking that he might be under the influence of drugs.

So this happened very recent. About two days ago. Since I'm taking up Nursing as my course in college I had to take a drug test. (I had this coming so didn't smoke any for the past month. HAHAHA. Just kidding 😛 I'm a saint.) Btw, before anything else, it already became a thing for me to pee every morning once I wake up since I drink a lot of water before sleeping. Since it's a drug test I had to give a urine sample. My Dad warned me already that I should drink a lot of water before going to the hospital so I drank about two glasses before going. So after filling up the form the examiner gave me the container for the sample but then for some reason my body wouldn't cooperate. My Dad was like "Go buy some water. Didn't I say you should drink a lot of water (which in my case two glasses was already too many)." So I was chugging this 500 ml in like one go. I was going in and out for two times already and these guys who were also at the lab was already staring. In my desperation I took another 500 ml of water. For a second there I really forgot the feeling of knowing if I should pee or not. I was panicking and my Dad wasn't helping either. -_- For my third and last attempt I simply failed. I waited for like 15 minutes before the urge kicked in so as I walked to the Lab's comfort room the examiner told me to just sit still until I really feel the urge to. I didn't even let her finish what she was about to say and just said "I really need to pee this time" in a really loud voice and everyone's stare was just at me. 

I think this experience was both awkward and embarrassing for me since I really am a quiet person irl unless I'm with my friends. I won't go into much details but after going home I made a lot of trip in the comfort room due to that 1L chugging of water. XD  

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Wanted to make such a thread and saw that it already existed, so here we go.

It's not too cringy, I think.
I had to go to France because of work recently to a place where people from all over the world went to. I wanted to see what some of the graduates/PhD-students were up to and saw a group in front of me talking about something in French. As an 'icebreaker' I said to the group something like "I only know bonjour and boeuf (beef) in French" (this was supposed to be random and therefore entertaining). The people were quite puzzled, so I repeated it (not making it any better 😂). One of them then finally said something in a different language to the others. Turns out, they weren't speaking French but Portuguese (one of them translated it), and were wondering why some random dude would come up to them and talk about beef 😂

• Funny 1

My former job position was a nonstop continuation of awkward moments. I used to be a PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act) Manager, at what basically was a correctional facility specifically for treating and counseling alcoholics and drug addicts. Simply put my job was preventing and reducing the instances of sexual harassment and abuse of the offenders. As one of my job duties I had to train every staff member on PREA policies, and how to deal with sexual harassment and abuse scenarios. Which means I also have to define what constitutes harassment and abuse, in graphic detail. This training is mandatory for all staff, including our religious director who is a 60-some year old Catholic sister. Yeah... talking to her about all the specific things that count as sexual abuse was an awkward time.

Another part of my job was intererviewing them all one-on-one and asking very personal questions. One infamous question being along the lines of "Do you have any strange fetishes?" Usually, the answer was no. However, I did have one guy that straight up told me blood turns him on, and then he went into detail. Yeah that was an... interesting conversation.

Far worse than that though, was asking people if they have ever been sexually abused, and then asking for details if they said yes and were willing to talk about it. Unfortunately, a lot of guys who end up at the program have been abused in the past, too. Super awkward and uncomfortable, and you can't laugh it off like some awkward situations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Harrylam129 said:

It happens everyday to me, guess that's what I get for being an awkward and antisocial person.

I totally agree, being awkward is a common occurrence for me... The thing is, my friends still think I’m cool, and are far more forgiving than I would have thought. 

5 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I totally agree, being awkward is a common occurrence for me... The thing is, my friends still think I’m cool, and are far more forgiving than I would have thought. 

Feel like everyone is awkward no matter what they think of themselves though.  After all, we interact with strangers everyday.