The Elder Scrolls VI

EnviousEnvy

22 minutes ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Honestly, I was hoping for more than just a teaser

Hey, you got a full 35 seconds.  What more do you want?  :D

• Funny 1

Hadn't heard of it yet but I've been wanting to go to Elsweyr forever...  I know lots of people love Argonians for their underwater breathing abilities, but I've always played Khajit because I can't live without nightvision LOL

A friend of mine always plays as a Nord or a Breton...  Each to our own I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

Hey, you got a full 35 seconds.  What more do you want?  :D

I'm just super excited, my bad. 😂

1 hour ago, Beocat said:

Hadn't heard of it yet but I've been wanting to go to Elsweyr forever...  I know lots of people love Argonians for their underwater breathing abilities, but I've always played Khajit because I can't live without nightvision LOL

A friend of mine always plays as a Nord or a Breton...  Each to our own I guess.

Yeah that would be pretty wicked. And my recent play through of Skyrim I play as a Nord. Otherwise it's always Dark Elf. Might switch it up and go Khajit. 

40 minutes ago, seemore_bhutts said:

Looks like it's gonna take place in High Rock, but I'm sure there will be more territories, maybe Hammerfell. I can't wait!!!

DUDE SAME! I'm super pumped, I can't wait.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Considering that "bigger is better" is the new standard for open world (which I would argue that the Elder Scrolls set the bar at itself,) I can only agree that it's extremely likely to cover more than one territory. Could be a war theme, in which you have to choose a side. Skyrim featured a civil war, why not? 

In any case, Skyrim is a considerably larger territory in Tamriel, and the only way I can see ES6 beating that scale is to include several in one game. Keep in mind this could also mean adding some off-map areas (Solstheim, Oblivion, Shimmering Isles, etc, ) so that they don't exhaust their options too quickly as a whole. 

I think I'll be happy with whatever they put out. Only thing I ever hope for with a Bethesda game is as little bugs as possible. I still recall the Ahdarji's Ring glitch from Oblivion that ruined my best save. It stung. 

My biggest glitch was in Skyrim when for some dang reason every person; important or not spawned outside and started chasing (in the middle of freaking nowhere, mind you) me. It caused my game to constantly freeze or lag and I had to start the whole game over (I had over 2,000 hours logged into the game). I was so ticked, I wanted to scream. 

615742358bf7c5e02c6938117a5b78c9.gif

• Funny 1

I say meh. I feel like that trailer only dropped because a lot of Elder Scrolls fans would have been so mad at Bethesda if it wasn't there. This game could be 5 years off, and sooner rather than later, that conference won't even matter, just like that trailer.  

Edited by RepentantSky

I hoping it's more like skyrim and less like online.  I really couldn't get into elder scrolls online.  Not sure why.  I had always wanted a multiplayer skyrim but online just didn't feel right.

On 6/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, FinDee said:

I hoping it's more like skyrim and less like online.  I really couldn't get into elder scrolls online.  Not sure why.  I had always wanted a multiplayer skyrim but online just didn't feel right.

Doubtfully it will be online. They already have an online only franchise dedicated to Elder Scrolls; would be kind of pointless to do a second one (plus Summerset was just released not too long ago). 

However I'll agree with not being into TES Online. I got it back when Tameriel was first released and it felt more like a game meant for mobile (with the whole using real money for stuff). I only played it until Skyrim came out for the PS4 and then I forgot all about it. 

I also didn't like the fact that when you were in the middle of a mission and other people just started showing up or when you or someone else was in the middle of combat and either you or another person walked in and literally had to join in on the fight or risk dying. Kind of ruined the whole missions for me.

3 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Doubtfully it will be online. They already have an online only franchise dedicated to Elder Scrolls; would be kind of pointless to do a second one (plus Summerset was just released not too long ago). 

However I'll agree with not being into TES Online. I got it back when Tameriel was first released and it felt more like a game meant for mobile (with the whole using real money for stuff). I only played it until Skyrim came out for the PS4 and then I forgot all about it. 

I also didn't like the fact that when you were in the middle of a mission and other people just started showing up or when you or someone else was in the middle of combat and either you or another person walked in and literally had to join in on the fight or risk dying. Kind of ruined the whole missions for me.

I agree, all of those were pretty terrible things. To happen,  I honestly thought it would be more like WoW in the since where when you attack a monster you tap it, and just stays on you.  Who knows I imagine there's been some improvements since I last played it.  Which was when it first came out.  I played for a few hours and returned it, just had to get my money back.  

You totally have me wanting to play skyrim again though.  Such a terrible craving.  lol.  I miss that game.  Good times.