brand new or repairing? - daily used equipment's

XII360

but yea, recently repaired (knitted) one of my brothers belt, it was rugged and somewhat almost about to break, thus i toke the liberty of just cutting a part of it that was gonna break and knitted it back up and its now reusable again, while doing so i was thinking, what do other people normally do when an object they use daily break's?

i tend to want to save my cash and not spend on thing's much, on a monthly basis i just keep myself budgetted for like, 16eur, thus came my habit of repairing things, if i can repair them

so to answer my own question: i prefer repairing my items over buying a brand new one, unless its done goofed and is unrepairable, ill buy a new one ;o, exception of headphones, once both sides are broken i insta buy a new pair of goodies, one backup and other for daily abusing (since shipping fee aint cheap >.>)

what about you guys ?! do you prefer instantly buying new objects you use everyday (say headphone's, cable's,electric fan? etc) once they start to break down?, or do you tend to try to be a mechanic and repair your objects first and finding out whether it can still live and do its job or if you would really need to buy a new pair of <insert unrepairable item here>?

Hi.  I'll normally try and repair things if they are something manageable. like if I rip a hole in my shirt thanks to a nail.  But if it's too far gone.  I'll actually recycle it and use it for stitching material maybe make some new stuffed animals for christmas presents, this or that. 

As far as mechanical products.  I'll do my best to fix them without investing much money if any.  I'll clean them real good with high hopes.  But once that's gone, it's gone.  Headphones like you said I'll trash and buy some new cheap ones fast.  About the only mechanical things I've ever fixed was a car and an old school gameboy.  Good times.  

Well I hope you have a good day.  This was a fun thing to reply to, thank you. 

• Like 1

I repair what I can.  I'm not above buying new stuff, but that's kind of a last resort, and I am always willing to spend a bit more in the first place for something that is well-built and can be repaired over cheap throw-away stuff.  I'm not very creative however.  I can build and fix stuff.  I have a garage full of tools, including a table saw, a milling machine, a lathe, and a drill press.  I can compile a linux kernel, program a microcontroller, or solder a circuit board.  I helped design and build the 4KW solar power system on my roof.  Just don't ask me to decorate or accessorize anything.  If it needs painting you'll have to tell me what color.  :D  

I draw the line at plumbing though.  God I hate plumbing projects!

• Like 1