Part_time_anime

Which anime or scene pulled on your heart strings?

There are countless anime's that have really pulled on my heart strings so I'll mention one that I saw a few months ago which really got me.  I watched Maquia while it was still airing in cinema's and there is one scene at the end that brought the majority of the audience to tears (I teared up, but managed to hold in until I was alone).  I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet, but if you have seen it you will definitely know which scene I am talking about.

On 11/8/2018 at 11:19 AM, Persona said:

Eesh. This one is a bit hard for me. Like, I know there have been several animes that have pulled at my emotional strings. Just cannot recall them all or specific scenes (been awhile since I've been touched..unless we talk of anime movies). 

When I was a young lass, the scene in Sailor Moon:
Season 1, Episode 34: When the scouts and tuxedo masked were caught in a trap devised by Zoisite and the rainbow crystals were gathered. Ultimately it led to Damon being severely injured and Usagi in tears as she comes to the realization that they knew one another in their past lives. Thus, the epic song comes on and she finally transforms.

I mean I was a little kid and I was so touched. 

Other shows I recall that I have had a moment of sadness with were:

1. Nana
  2. Honey x Clover
  3. Orange
  4. Erased
  5. One Piece
  6. FMA - Major Hughes death.
  7. Naruto - Asuma's death.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mamoru's name in the DIC dub Darien?

And I agree with Asuma's death. That was horrific for me. It was probably the major influence why I didn't finish Naruto until after Boruto's first season was on Crunchyroll. I hated that such a well developed character was killed off.

You know what I was stuck with Darion and Endymion, that I fused them together and created Damon. Idk. Lol. Such a blooper. 

On Naruto, my sentiments exactly.