Anime Suggestions

Book Lover

Question

Do you have any anime that you'd like people to watch more of? Feel free to suggest them here! Can be of any genre.

My Suggestions: 

Anime Suggestions 

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Don't judge just watch

Steins; Gate

Cowboy Bebop

Toradora Make sure to watch the end credit for the finale when you get there 

My Hero Academia

Yuru Camp

K-On

Your Lie in April

A Silent Voice Movie 

Violet Evergarden

Psycho-Pass

Re Zero: Starting Life in Another World

ReLife

Honobono Log

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

Amaama to Inazuma

Usagi Drop Don't read the manga

Your Name: Movie

Konosuba

Made in Abyss: Don't judge just watch 

Wolf Children: Movie

Assassination Classroom

Aho Girl

Daily Lives of High School Boys

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying

Mitsuboshi Colors

Shimoneta

Akatsuki no Yona

Gakkou-Gurashi Don't read the genres or summary of this one spoilers everywhere

Kokoro Connect

I posted a variety of anime with different genres, so if anyone sees something interesting that they haven't seen yet feel free to watch it if it looks interesting. And feel free to suggest any anime that you like as well that I might not have put on here.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, seemore_bhutts said:

kek

I normally don't care for ecchi anime but enjoyed Shimoneta for the silly and craziness that it had, the fact that it never took itself seriously was also nice for me. 

• Agree 1

Open recs? Sure thing.

Well the two shows that everyone should watch at least once are Kuzu no Honkai, which is a really great unhappy romance about cheating, and Hourou Musuko, which is about a transgender guy, but it was made before the whole LGBTQ stuff happened, so it actually depicts it well without shoving it down your throat and preaching to you.

Our absolute favourite anime is Princess Tutu, which is about a Duck who transforms into a magical girl to fight against a gigantic man-eating raven through the power of ballet. It's considerably less girly than it sounds. Proper Grimms' fairytale style.

And just for good measure, we'll mention Bartender, which has the best character development we've ever seen. It can develop a character more in one episode than many shows can in their entire runtime, and we're not just talking about crappy harems, we're talking about genuinely decent shows.

• Like 1

Hello young one, welcome to the dark side, where you'll feel your life force being sucked away with every passing anime and you really won't care since this stuff is the shit.

I have a rec for you indeed.

You like One Punch Man? Cool.

My Hero Academia? Bonus.

DBZ? We can work that out.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear is the show for you, get it now for the low low price of hearing me out for 5 minutes!

~~~

K, so, first thing's first. The protagonist. She's about as OP as Saitama, without being boring about it. She also shares a ton of personality traits with Deku. Wanna know what her go-to method of attack is? You guessed it.

FISTO.

I'll drag DBZ in here because I absolutely assure you, shit gets pretty ridiculous, and there is some screaming involved, lots of flashy lights, retardedly huge explosions, you get the gist, it's a fun time.

~~~

Now if you haven't googled it yet and shirked away, good job, thanks for listening attentively, I'd give you a cookie but I physically can't, perhaps I could mail one but we'll sort that out at a later date.

This show has a music tag as well. Why does it have a music tag? Because there's MUSIC. They sing as they fight. It's as if Micheal Bay himself flew down from the heavens accompanied by a choir and shat out the best gad damn musical the world has ever seen.

You expect idol music? Think again, these songs are the songs that play when hype trains meet up during mating season, take a looksie:

Celtic Themed: Believe in Justice, Grip it Tight

Rock Themed: GUN BULLET XXX

Oriental Themed: A Beautiful Blade in the Moonlight

HYPE TRAIN: Radiant Force

~~~

Now now, calm down, take a breather, drink some water, do what you need to, because unfortunately I'm not done yet.

There is ONE downside to this series, and it really may not even be a downside, depends on how accepting you are as a human being really, but season 1 is in a state where it both didn't know what it wanted to be, and it had budget issues. Thankfully however, they had the smarts to devote 95% of their money to the important parts. Aka, the fight scenes and music, so all of that is still lovely. But my point here is, get to season 2 even if it kills you, and especially if it doesn't kill you, because most people's opinion on this shit do a 180 to the good side so hard it does indeed kill them and I gotta deal with the consequences, spare me the paperwork please.

Now that that's all said and done, I'm sure you're curious as to how the action mixes with the music.

Well, here, feast your eyes on this lovely, for it'll be roughly 7 minutes you'll never get back, but it'll be so well spent you won't want it back, you'll want to frame this time spent and put it above your fireplace for all future generations to see as well:

GX Opening Scene

So yeah.

Should be it.

Enjoy.

~~~

Watch Order, with some entirely awesome facts you totally needed to know, except that you really didn't ask for!:

Symphogear (anime original series, sold really damn well despite having no advertising power due to budget, and made them enough cash to get season 2 into the 11/5 range.)

Symphogear G (Where the anime shows its true colours. If JUSTICE and FISTING and EXPLOSIONS are colours. It nabbed the #4 spot in sales for its season in Japan too.)

Symphogear GX (It's like G, but prettier. And with better music. Scored #1 in sales for its season in Japan, as well as surpassing One Punch Man in sales for the entire year.)

Symphogear AXZ (It's like GX, but the fight choreography improves. ALSO scored #1 in sales for its season in Japan.)

Symphogear XV (Hasn't aired yet, don't worry about cliffhangers though, Symphogear better than that.)

Edited by awesomedude20

Planet With

Star Blazers 2199 & 2202

Beautiful Bones

Gegege no Kitaro (2018)

Ushio & Tora tv series

Louie the Rune Soldier

Figure 17

R.O.D. (OVA & TV)

Magic Knight Rayearth

Shiki

Mushishi

Hakata Tonkatsu Ramens

Azumanga Daioh

School Rumble

Apart from those mentioned:
Texhnolyze

Serial Experiments Lain

Baka no Test
Legend of the Galactic Hero

Black Lagoon

Elfenlied

Paranoia Agent

Baccano!
FLCL

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys --- maybe the greatest comedy anime ever! (at least for me)

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Zankyo no Terror

Trigun

Movies:
Wolfchildren --- just a feels trip and a wonderful one!

Everything where Satoshi Kon was involved. Esepcially: Tokyo Godfathers, Perfect Blue, Paprika, and Jin Roh

Edited by leinwandname