Anime forum's - thought's

XII360

i was to lazy to do proper thumbnail

so yea, i was on my way home, toke a bath and stuff, and while in there suddenly i had a wierd blast of idea's, i finally understood the answer to everything, being that of AF, what are your thought's on the website ?, do you think of it as family ?, a get-away zone ?, a haven for anime fan's to discuss anime/manga topic's ? etc..etc.

personally, i think of Animefreak as a lovely being, wops wrong AF anime forums as a site to just talk with other's, and chillax a bit from real life duties (e.g studies, and other stuff you guys do that i dont)

AF also somewhat reminds me of the old forum's i was at (animeultima one), it isnt exactly like AU, (since they streamed anime), and i incidentally had fun on that forum, same as im having fun on this forum now ;o

and thats about it!, but what about you guys ?! do you think AF is good as it is ?!, needs improvement ?!, is it neat as is ?!, what are your idea's on animefreak animeforums?!

p.s anything related to animefreak is a joke, dont take it personal man <.>

• Like 1

Good question.

I would say it's a 'safe-zone' for me, safe from the rest of the internet. That might be one of the reasons why I'm still here, few places like this exist! Let's preserve this peaceful space.

• Agree 2

I would say that it is a great place to hang out. It is one of the only places I can really talk about anime and not get any strange looks so I appreciate the forums greatly.

Optic is always working to improve the site too (unlike a previous site that I joined years ago where the co-owners fought each other publicly on closing or maintaining the site) and for the most part, we don't seem to have any "holier than thou" masses of people kicking the newer members down so the atmosphere is really welcoming. We have real discussions without clawing at each others faces which.....is amazing....anywhere on the internet these days...  I would be very sad to see this place go. It really is a peaceful place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I came from a forum that is actually owned by one of the main people who run conventions in the UK.. And that site, use to be a very family orientated atmosphere.. I met some of my best friends on that site after joining it when my old site was shut down.. However over the years the Forum I came from began to degrade rapidly and lose steam. Now, its def' a sinking ship. 

AF however, is quite lovely. So far the people I have met are lovely, and I much prefer the atmosphere here versus the old forum I was apart of. I feel like I could stay here for as long as I had the old forum.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

For me I think of it as a haven to talk about anime, games and random stuff with a somewhat close knit group of peeps. 

I used to be a member of a few other anime sites that were booming with conversation but after about a year or so it just died. So when I found this site I got excited.

• Agree 1

I come to AF to relax. It's kind of like a break from my stressful life, and I guess it makes me forget about all those problems that I'm facing. I have been a socially anxious person since I was a kid. I still feel like everyone's judging me a lot, for who I am and how I behave, but... I guess I feel a bit safe here because everyone here received me with open arms. Well, they might not have, they might still judge me for who I am, but this false sense of security makes me a bit happy, I guess.

Also, I am sort of a person who just can't face reality. Reality just seems to keep on kicking me, even when I'm down. I refuse to face reality, I pretend that everything's fine. Anime, manga and AF help me to forget that there is a reality.

It's sort of like drinking. Doing these stuff make me forget about my current situation.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, AniMeFReaK said:

I have been a socially anxious person since I was a kid. I still feel like everyone's judging me a lot, for who I am and how I behave, but...

i kind of understand this feeling you have, couse i sure hate the stares i recieve when im on the spot light, and i cant interact much with my classmates (exception of one classmate i know)

On 6/20/2018 at 5:14 AM, XII360 said:

i was to lazy to do proper thumbnail

so yea, i was on my way home, toke a bath and stuff, and while in there suddenly i had a wierd blast of idea's, i finally understood the answer to everything, being that of AF, what are your thought's on the website ?, do you think of it as family ?, a get-away zone ?, a haven for anime fan's to discuss anime/manga topic's ? etc..etc.

personally, i think of Animefreak as a lovely being, wops wrong AF anime forums as a site to just talk with other's, and chillax a bit from real life duties (e.g studies, and other stuff you guys do that i dont)

AF also somewhat reminds me of the old forum's i was at (animeultima one), it isnt exactly like AU, (since they streamed anime), and i incidentally had fun on that forum, same as im having fun on this forum now ;o

and thats about it!, but what about you guys ?! do you think AF is good as it is ?!, needs improvement ?!, is it neat as is ?!, what are your idea's on animefreak animeforums?!

p.s anything related to animefreak is a joke, dont take it personal man <.>

I think it's pretty good, could still use improvements for sure.  Seems these day making things idiot proof is a difficult task.  Because I am an idiot and I struggle with this site sometimes.  Plus I still feel a little self conscious sticking my two cents into anything, because I always think,  why the hell doe's my opinion matter?  Because it doesn't really.  lol.  So I ignore a lot of things on here.  But I still enjoy it when I do partake in conversations.  A lot of people seem pretty chill and they have similar interests which I don't get to involve myself with in a personal life kind of since.  

• Agree 1

Just now, FinDee said:

Plus I still feel a little self conscious sticking my two cents into anything, because I always think,  why the hell doe's my opinion matter? 

im pretty much like this!, the cure for this is simply dont re-read what you typed and press that submit reply/post!

and then go to youtube and maybe think of what you did after an hour, only to realize some people do care and allot dont, but most of the guys in this forums do,maybe?

i care atleast! ;o

10 minutes ago, XII360 said:

im pretty much like this!, the cure for this is simply dont re-read what you typed and press that submit reply/post!

and then go to youtube and maybe think of what you did after an hour, only to realize some people do care and allot dont, but most of the guys in this forums do,maybe?

i care atleast! ;o

people who care.  That sounds strange lol.  Well either way thanks for the response.  I hope I actually get to make lots of online friends here and we chat in between my art breaks.  I plan on hitting them studies pretty hard and trying to improve fast.  digital is just a bit difficult. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

But... the whole point of forum discussion is to share your thoughts and opinions! So please don't be shy and share away!

I'll do my best.   Thanks.