bluetooth - wired ? - "gadgets"

XII360

but yea, i used to spam use earphone's as wired (official/original samsung one), but it always broke down after a few tugging on the wires,

and then i decided one day "bluetooth earphones"... checked online and i got one and boy is it neato~,

initially as stated above ! or as my intro state's ! i prefer bluetooth connection now a days than wired, this goes for keyboard (on phone), mouse (also on phone), graphics tablet (also on a personal computer near you), and earphones (for my phone!), most of the bluetooth stuff i buy is used on phone over everything else !, on the pc i always prefer wired gadgets than wireless (exception of graphics tablet, wireless/bluetooth is hella neato~)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(cut line for a tldr >.>)

TLDR; i like wireless gadgets > (more than) wired ones when i use phone, but when i use pc i prefer wired!

but yea basically the threads asks-- you !-- the player of this game! (not a game, but just roll with it)--- what do you prefer when you get gadget's now a days ?

do you prefer bluetooth gadgets ?, do you prefer wired one's ?, or do you pick the type based on the gadget your  getting ? (e.g bluetooth mouse for laptop, wired for pc, etc?)

It depends. For things like headphone/earphones, I prefer wired. Bluetooth is nice, but many headphones that are Bluetooth are not something that can fit in a pocket, which does not make the convenient for bus travel around town.

For everything else, I prefer Bluetooth.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, brycec said:

It depends. For things like headphone/earphones, I prefer wired. Bluetooth is nice, but many headphones that are Bluetooth are not something that can fit in a pocket, which does not make the convenient for bus travel around town.

For everything else, I prefer Bluetooth.

incidentally, the earphones i use is

444.thumb.png.436f968ba1b244d4398bdc299d5e8eae.png

i just leave it hanging on my neck, ;o so it doesnt need to really be placed in my pocket, which is neat for me

Edited by XII360

2 hours ago, XII360 said:

incidentally, the earphones i use is

Reveal hidden contents

444.thumb.png.436f968ba1b244d4398bdc299d5e8eae.png

i just leave it hanging on my neck, ;o so it doesnt need to really be placed in my pocket, which is neat for me

I see. Kind of an interesting look.

my wireless headphones do not really feel that comfortable around my neck, so they are best in the travel sack, which must be in a backpack or suitcase, to transport easily.

• Like 1

Whenever I am using my phone, I prefer wireless because I am usually moving or doing something else like cooking. My current earbuds are not totally wireless (like the apple airpods), but instead are the type that can hang around my neck when I am not using them. (makes for a nice accessory also lol)

I also have a desktop tower setup and when using that, I usually opt for my traditional over-ear headphones which just give better sound quality overall for the price point. My drawing tablet is not wireless (bc this version was ultimately cheaper) and neither are my mouse or mechanical keyboard. 

Idk, I don't really get annoyed with wires unless I am being active and need to be nimble. Quality experience and pricing is usually more important to me ^^

• Agree 1

Interesting take @alupacard. One place I can see an advantage of wireless/Bluetooth headphones, is not need to untangle, which is cumbersome, but, on the bright side, I can wear them longer too. I do not know what is going on, but my ears start hurting after a while with my wireless headphones.

• Like 2

@brycec Hmm, that is pretty interesting now that you mention it. I can't say for sure that my wire ones are more comfortable than my wireless ones (bc they're both different models from different companies), but one reason the wireless ones may hurt more may be because they're trying to hold onto your head  to stay on...? Or maybe they are a model that doesn't have active noise cancellation and instead rely on blocking out sound by clamping around your ear? 

@alupacard They are noise cancelling, because I am noise sensitive, so it is supposed to drown out sound, though it works best when I have music or video playing, and they are over the ear, so you might be right about the clamping.

Because of that pain, I usually try to save those headphones as a last resort.

55 minutes ago, brycec said:

but my ears start hurting after a while with my wireless headphones.

huh, maybe its the volume being too loud ?, or it doesnt fit on your ear's properly, prolonged use of earphones can hurt

i dont wear mine 24/7 so i never experienced it (even though i prefer ear/headphones > speaker's, i just jam my headphones (PC/wired one) to max when i dont feel like putting it near my ear's), it releases sound somewhat similar to speaker -- only for closer range/distance 

wont be as loud as speakers too, butttt its hearable and clear when the distance is just my table -> where im sitting at (which is keyboard to where you sit when you type on keyboard ;o)

Thanks for the suggestion @Wedgy I’ll look into them, when things start to look better around here, since there are multiple things that will are more important to solve right now.

@XII360 I suspect the ear fitting, as I have tried dealing with volume, though I only really have good control on Android. On iOS, I get a battery indicator for the headset, but even turning things down all the way to 1 can seem too loud through it to me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, brycec said:

Thanks for the suggestion @Wedgy I’ll look into them, when things start to look better around here, since there are multiple things that will are more important to solve right now.

@XII360 I suspect the ear fitting, as I have tried dealing with volume, though I only really have good control on Android. On iOS, I get a battery indicator for the headset, but even turning things down all the way to 1 can seem too loud through it to me.

huh, im no expert in it, but maybe its an ear problem if even volume is set to lowest,

or it could be brand of headset, im leaning towards ear problem though if im being honest. but as i said "im no expert", nor am i a "doctor" >.>

but the people whom'st experiencing such pain should know more than random guys online ;o, if you think its ear fitting, its possible that's it ?!

6 hours ago, XII360 said:

huh, im no expert in it, but maybe its an ear problem if even volume is set to lowest,

or it could be brand of headset, im leaning towards ear problem though if im being honest. but as i said "im no expert", nor am i a "doctor" >.>

but the people whom'st experiencing such pain should know more than random guys online ;o, if you think its ear fitting, its possible that's it ?!

In iOS that is the case. On Android, at least with VLC, I could turn it down to an amount that ends up being less than the lowest on my iOS device, though I do not get a battery indicator, so the voice message will be the only sign that my headphones run out of juice. All we can do here is guess, since neither of us are experts and I do not have too much experience with wireless headphones.

• Agree 1