Upcoming changes to forum structure and tags

Optic

Hi everyone,

One of the common feedback we get, particularly from newer members, and those that are new to forums, is it can be difficult finding old topics/content they are interested in - thus resulting in frustration, duplication, and/or fragmented discussions. 

One of the key ways I will address this is by revamp our tags. Currently it is an open tag system, and after browsing the full list of tags that have been applied to content, it is in a dire need of a revamp.

We will transition to a closed tag system, removing all the tags in favour of genre tags (we'll use most of the same ones from MyAnimeList). Those of you who have been here for awhile will remember we used to have a closed tag system on the old platform, with anime titles as tags, but that became too overwhelming to maintain - so this time around we will just stick with genres (and perhaps season anime tags).

The tags of course are usable in Forums, Blogs, Gallery and Clubs.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Optic said:

Hi everyone,

One of the common feedback we get, particularly from newer members, and those that are new to forums, is it can be difficult finding old topics/content they are interested in - thus resulting in frustration, duplication, and/or fragmented discussions. 

One of the key ways I will address this is by revamp our tags. Currently it is an open tag system, and after browsing the full list of tags that have been applied to content, it is in a dire need of a revamp.

We will transition to a closed tag system, removing all the tags in favour of genre tags (we'll use most of the same ones from MyAnimeList). Those of you who have been here for awhile will remember we used to have a closed tag system on the old platform, with anime titles as tags, but that became too overwhelming to maintain - so this time around we will just stick with genres (and perhaps season anime tags).

The tags of course are usable in Forums, Blogs, Gallery and Clubs.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

awww i enjoyed putting random tags in the end of the tags i placed~ but all good things must come to an end to bring about a better search function