FLCL Progressive

Wodahs

• 6 months later...

I waited for this for so so long. It feels like forever since I first saw the original FLCL. I mean I will say I enjoyed Progressive. Though I will also say it was not enough to tolerate the time gap between series.

The original flcl was classic. I feel just introducing Haru-San into the sequels isn't enough. If they wanted to do sequels they should have brought the entire original flcl cast back. Have Naota as a adult. Give him a kid maybe. Let's see Ninamori-San. Naota's friends. Naota's dad.

What made Flcl great was the characters. Haruko is only 1/10 of what made Flcl so great. Just introducing 1 character that didn't carry the original series alone isn't enough for me. I grew up on Flcl. So seeing the characters from the original series grow up would have really got me hyped for it. But nope. The directors felt Haru-San carried the show by herself. Nevermind Naota. Nevermind Kanti. Nevermind Eyebrows.

I honestly tried to give it a chance way back. But it just won't compare to the original cast to me. The sequels just weren't done right in my opinion. I can still hear Last dinosaur and Crazy Sunshine in the background when I think of Flcl. I know they brought back the pillows but again the music only counts like 2/10 of what made Flcl so damn great. The original people from Gainax were just messing around when they were making the original. The sequels feel more like a grab for some extra cash.

Flcl is too great of an anime to sequelize and not leave everything that was original about it intact.

On 1/14/2019 at 1:57 AM, ArchieKun said:

I waited for this for so so long. It feels like forever since I first saw the original FLCL. I mean I will say I enjoyed Progressive. Though I will also say it was not enough to tolerate the time gap between series.

hung tight for this for so long. It feels like perpetually since I initially observed the first FLCL. I mean I will say I delighted in Progressive. In spite of the fact that I will likewise say it was insufficient to endure the time hole between arrangement.

2 hours ago, pino2000 said:

hung tight for this for so long. It feels like perpetually since I initially observed the first FLCL. I mean I will say I delighted in Progressive. In spite of the fact that I will likewise say it was insufficient to endure the time hole between arrangement.

I don't disagree that it was not really enough to justify the time gab especially sense it was believed by many a anime fan for years that FLCL was just done until only a couple years ago.