Steam Summer Sale

alupacard

Just now, Wedgy said:

It's that time of year again where I'm glad I'm not a Steam-user, I'd be broke. 

It is that time of the year where I question my sanity and my finances as a Steam user haha. So I take it that you're more of a console player then?

4 hours ago, alupacard said:

What games are you planning to buy or what have you bought or want to buy?

I've avoided steam so far.  I don't have enough free time as it is.  Seems like having steam would make it way too easy to get in (deeper) trouble.  :) 

That said, If Hello were to release their "Next" No Man's Sky for linux I might be tempted.  Or Rising World (minecraft-alike, with better gfx).  Or...?

Edited by efaardvark
dang phone..
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I've avoided steam so far.  I don't have enough free time as it is.  Seems like having steam would make it way too easy to get in (deeper) trouble.  :) 

Haha, you're certainly correct about Steam being trouble... ^^ It's becoming difficult to choose between spending free time on anime/manga or games ^^;

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, alupacard said:

What games are you planning to buy or what have you bought or want to buy?

its funny, couse i was planning on making this thread tomorrow xD and i was slightly surprised no one made one yet ;o 

so i have this urge to get stardrew valley (MP mode has finally been added !) 

aside from that im debating to myself to get dark soul's 3, GTA 5, maybe shogun: fall of the samurai for playing with my brother reason's

and aside from those games, i dont really think i wanna buy anything else, unless i can play them with friend's

cmon guy's, steam aint troubleee, its a way to release stresssss, and money to our lord and savior, gaben sama

16 hours ago, XII360 said:

its funny, couse i was planning on making this thread tomorrow xD and i was slightly surprised no one made one yet ;o 

so i have this urge to get stardrew valley (MP mode has finally been added !) 

aside from that im debating to myself to get dark soul's 3, GTA 5, maybe shogun: fall of the samurai for playing with my brother reason's

and aside from those games, i dont really think i wanna buy anything else, unless i can play them with friend's

cmon guy's, steam aint troubleee, its a way to release stresssss, and money to our lord and savior, gaben sama

Niiiice, great minds think alike? ^^ I was also surprised that no one had posted it either

Stardew looks super cute and I agree that MP enabling is a huge incentive there. 

Those sound like really great options. I struggle with Dark Souls... but GTA seems like a great opportunity to troll around a little bit haha

Ah, so you favor multiplayer games? 

hahahah to each his or her own ^^ I wasn't a huge Steam user until last year but I agree that games seriously relieve stress :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alupacard said:

Niiiice, great minds think alike? ^^ I was also surprised that no one had posted it either

Stardew looks super cute and I agree that MP enabling is a huge incentive there. 

Those sound like really great options. I struggle with Dark Souls... but GTA seems like a great opportunity to troll around a little bit haha

Ah, so you favor multiplayer games? 

hahahah to each his or her own ^^ I wasn't a huge Steam user until last year but I agree that games seriously relieve stress :D

as everyone say's in darksoul anon threads -- "gitgud", but yea, dark souls 2 was pretty easy compared to DS1, in my case, just add a few stamina, max dat str, do some epic blocks over dodging, and you can pretty much kill anyone in DS2 >.>, aslong as you dont let them kill of your stamina 

or go mage/dishonortoyourfamily.jpg and spam spell shots from a long distance >.>...

mhm, in my case, MP game's bring more fun to the game than single, tho that isnt to say that single playered visual novels are not fun

incidentally 100% juicy yuuji orange juice is a fun MP anime-board game ;o, and somewhat cheap, a friend bought it for me and boy is it kinda fun to play with friend's

not fun to play alone tho', >.>

I've always been too poor, so my games are all gifts.  But lets see my most played would have to be Stardew valley (my love for harvest moon brought to light), The Forest, Starbound, Doom, Eco, Border Lands 2, ARK, Spore, XCOM Enemy  Unknown, and just a bunch of other titles that don't really hold up well in my opinion.  I guess Cid V is a pretty popular title but it wasn't really my cup of tea. Hope you guys enjoy the sale season :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XII360 said:

Hide contents

Untitled.thumb.jpg.1f33f9790b84584e62c2e5de86fafd06.jpg[/spoier]

ima do it, i swear ima do it >:o

i get an allowance of around 80eur's a month, i will push that button on july 4th >.>

Those are all great games.  And for the price of 40 USD that's a nice deal.  Gotta love those steam sales.

5 minutes ago, FinDee said:

Those are all great games.  And for the price of 40 USD that's a nice deal.  Gotta love those steam sales.

i agree, im looking forward most on stardew valley, ever since multiplayer update happened, i've been somewhat wanting to get it once it sale's

...to bad school will still be in the way of my fun gaming time >.>, but buying them while they are 35eur now, and playing them later, is better than not buying them, and buying them later when their back to original price (which seems to be equievalent to 105eur !, jesus christ, that price difference, with add like 30 more eur's, and thats pretty much the same price as my graphics tablet >__>)

32 minutes ago, XII360 said:

i agree, im looking forward most on stardew valley, ever since multiplayer update happened, i've been somewhat wanting to get it once it sale's

...to bad school will still be in the way of my fun gaming time >.>, but buying them while they are 35eur now, and playing them later, is better than not buying them, and buying them later when their back to original price (which seems to be equievalent to 105eur !, jesus christ, that price difference, with add like 30 more eur's, and thats pretty much the same price as my graphics tablet >__>)

I know them pains.  My tablet cost me 500 USD.  But totally worth it.  Love this things.  

I always wish the steam sale took place just a month later, so that way it would take place after I have birthday money. :P But then again, it probably wouldn't change anything since I want to expand on my anime DVD/Blu-Ray collection. 

• Like 1

I always find the summer sale (or any other steam sale, for that matter) to be very overwhelming. I'm not a very big gamer though, so it ends up turning into, "what's this?" "ooh, this looks pretty!" "Hey, what was that?" and my brain just gets fried xD

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Kohloo said:

I always find the summer sale (or any other steam sale, for that matter) to be very overwhelming. I'm not a very big gamer though, so it ends up turning into, "what's this?" "ooh, this looks pretty!" "Hey, what was that?" and my brain just gets fried xD

I totally get you! When I first started, it was just crowded and I had no idea what I wanted to buy because there were so many things being thrown at me. I think it got better when I bought my first game, liked it, and just looked for games similar to it while ignoring everything else unless a friend recommended it ^^;

1 hour ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I always wish the steam sale took place just a month later, so that way it would take place after I have birthday money. :P But then again, it probably wouldn't change anything since I want to expand on my anime DVD/Blu-Ray collection. 

Oh no ^^; I guess the summer sale is just around this time to appeal to people just getting out of school and stuff? 

Hahah, nice!! Priorities right there :D

2 hours ago, FinDee said:

I know them pains.  My tablet cost me 500 USD.  But totally worth it.  Love this things.  

Omg what tablet do you have??

1 hour ago, alupacard said:

I totally get you! When I first started, it was just crowded and I had no idea what I wanted to buy because there were so many things being thrown at me. I think it got better when I bought my first game, liked it, and just looked for games similar to it while ignoring everything else unless a friend recommended it ^^;

Oh no ^^; I guess the summer sale is just around this time to appeal to people just getting out of school and stuff? 

Hahah, nice!! Priorities right there :D

Omg what tablet do you have??

I use a Kamvas GT-191 from Huion.  

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

14 hours ago, FinDee said:

I use a Kamvas GT-191 from Huion.  

jesus christ, 500USD !, and thats one hell of a big graphics tablet, i cant imagine myself getting one, since i wont devote myself 100% to art, just 40%

by the way, mines xp star-06, it was on sale (60$), thus i instantly ordered it, though at the moment, its just hiding near my table

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, XII360 said:

jesus christ, 500USD !, and thats one hell of a big graphics tablet, i cant imagine myself getting one, since i wont devote myself 100% to art, just 40%

by the way, mines xp star-06, it was on sale (60$), thus i instantly ordered it, though at the moment, its just hiding near my table

yeah, I've always wanted to turn my comic art thing into a career.  So I decided to invest.  especially since I'm a very tall guy myself.  using smaller devices just causes a lot of strain.  Seeing as it's a monitor itself I didn't really see it as a bad deal kind of like a tv with pen touch sensitivity for drawing.  lol  Seemed like a fair price to me.  :) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FinDee said:

yeah, I've always wanted to turn my comic art thing into a career.  So I decided to invest.  especially since I'm a very tall guy myself.  using smaller devices just causes a lot of strain.  Seeing as it's a monitor itself I didn't really see it as a bad deal kind of like a tv with pen touch sensitivity for drawing.  lol  Seemed like a fair price to me.  :) 

you should try making visual novel's, or a game, or a manga ;o, i feel that your art has somewhat the -"its gonna do fine"- line, though not so much on visual novel's if you cant make story ?, though story shouldn't be a problem, probably the coding >.>

19 minutes ago, XII360 said:

you should try making visual novel's, or a game, or a manga ;o, i feel that your art has somewhat the -"its gonna do fine"- line, though not so much on visual novel's if you cant make story ?, though story shouldn't be a problem, probably the coding >.>

I'm actually working on a comic right now.  I'm in a more of a, character design phase and while messing with that I'm working on little comic shorts for my patreon so that when it it opens I'll be set for a bit. As for a game.  That coding man, I know a bit, but not nowhere near enough.  I can scratch by with the basics of a website.  But as for adding in functionality for games.  hit boxes and movement.  action, reaction, and all that jazz.  I just don't have what that takes yet.  So yeah, as for now.  comics :) love em, going for em. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FinDee said:

I'm actually working on a comic right now.  I'm in a more of a, character design phase and while messing with that I'm working on little comic shorts for my patreon so that when it it opens I'll be set for a bit. As for a game.  That coding man, I know a bit, but not nowhere near enough.  I can scratch by with the basics of a website.  But as for adding in functionality for games.  hit boxes and movement.  action, reaction, and all that jazz.  I just don't have what that takes yet.  So yeah, as for now.  comics :) love em, going for em. 

same, i mean i know a fair bit, mainly ren'py, (that fair bit is basics tho) but lets just say i got overwhelmed and just went for artworks, that's how my character's came to be, (i.e the one im using right now, and other ones i posted on gallery ;o) and before i know it, school started and i gave up on that idea

for now...again

edit: i also tried a comic, and lets just say i forgot about it, and did other artwork's

44444.png

i was not joking when i said i stopped midway >.>

Edited by XII360
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, XII360 said:

same, i mean i know a fair bit, mainly ren'py, (that fair bit is basics tho) but lets just say i got overwhelmed and just went for artworks, that's how my character's came to be, (i.e the one im using right now, and other ones i posted on gallery ;o) and before i know it, school started and i gave up on that idea

for now...again

edit: i also tried a comic, and lets just say i forgot about it, and did other artwork's

Hide contents

44444.png

i was not joking when i said i stopped midway >.>

yeah that's definitely mid way.  lol.  I plan on doing more soon, but right now I'm trying to find a way to make enough money for clip studio paint ex.  So I'm trying to do commissions for $10 and hope I can find a way to get enough for it. I'm doing the free trial right now still have a 25 days left I think.  

• Informative 1

Just now, FinDee said:

yeah that's definitely mid way.  lol.  I plan on doing more soon, but right now I'm trying to find a way to make enough money for clip studio paint ex.  So I'm trying to do commissions for $10 and hope I can find a way to get enough for it. I'm doing the free trial right now still have a 25 days left I think.  

huh, im not sure where people would hire ya, since i never went and hunted for such thing's, but i am of wishing thee, goodie thee luckie

still, 25 days is a month, so i think you have allot more of free day's ?!, im sure if you keep posting artwork's at site's, some guy will notice you and ask for such working's

one site i could recommend where artist's tend to go and post artwork (aside from deviant) would be pixiv, though it seems to be full of nihongi~ people ;o, i somewhat enjoy surfing there though

1 minute ago, XII360 said:

huh, im not sure where people would hire ya, since i never went and hunted for such thing's, but i am of wishing thee, goodie thee luckie

still, 25 days is a month, so i think you have allot more of free day's ?!, im sure if you keep posting artwork's at site's, some guy will notice you and ask for such working's

one site i could recommend where artist's tend to go and post artwork (aside from deviant) would be pixiv, though it seems to be full of nihongi~ people ;o, i somewhat enjoy surfing there though

what's a nihongi~ people?