KissAnime banning Adblock users

the_twig

If you use any adblocker on KA, we strongly recommend disabling it. They have implemented a script that automatically IP bans users of adblocking extensions.

We don’t know why. Even the head mod wasn’t told about this, and at least 2 of the other mods were also banned because of this.

We’ll give an update if it becomes fine to use adblockers again.

Edited by the_twig

13 minutes ago, the_twig said:

If you use any adblocker on KA, we strongly recommend disabling it. They have implemented a script that automatically IP bans users of adblocking extensions.

we don’t know why. Even the head mod wasn’t told about this, and at least 2 of the other mods were also banned because of this.

We’ll give an update if it becomes fine to use adblockers again.

huh, insta ban for using adblocker ?, and not a fore-warning or disability access on people who use adblocks ?, i guess that's one way of making everyone leave their site ?

i should be fine though, as i prefer downloading my anime over stream

edit: this give's me an idea on making a thread ;o

Edited by XII360

Not that weird to me, as those sites use ads to generate money to provide content that is not exactly legal. I pay for the services that have what I want, but that can get expensive.

I do wonder though whether or not they will be doing what Fandom and many other companies are doing, which is making it so browsers like Brave on iOS will not load their site because of ad blocking.

As a mod there like twig is, yeah, this was sprung on us extremely quickly.

I prefer to torrent stuff anyways. I'm all for legal sites as well, but for how expensive covering the most amount of anime would be, and then STILL not getting everything, honesty it isn't worth it to me. I'll gladly buy blurays eventually, which gives back a hell of a lot more to the studios I like, that's beside the point though.

All illegal streaming sites have kinda died recently anyways, though hell, I think the less popular ones are a hell of a lot better right now all things considered.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't use KissAnime anyway, with the amount of ads they have on their site, you can barely enjoy watching animes. Basically it was a ripoff, to begin with. There are people who are offering these sort of services like Horriblesub for free. Though if you can afford it, you should definetely switch to some legal ways to stream animes.

• Agree 2

• 2 months later...

You can search for many alternatives. KA is has already been removed for many times.

You can find kissanime alternatives and choose the best ones.

I use crunchyroll and it is good, they also have an app from android and iOS users.

The best part is that it is 100% legitimate website and there is no piracy. 

I guess it is not available all over but, in my country it works like a charm. 

And I am also against piracy hence I use paid services like netflix, amazon etc.

Edited by allanzurk

3 hours ago, allanzurk said:

You can search for many alternatives. KA is has already been removed for many times.

You can find kissanime alternatives and choose the best ones.

I use crunchyroll and it is good, they also have an app from android and iOS users.

The best part is that it is 100% legitimate website and there is no piracy. 

I guess it is not available all over but, in my country it works like a charm. 

And I am also against piracy hence I use paid services like netflix, amazon etc.

My issue with legal sites is how crap they are about a lot of things that seriously shouldn't be an issue, especially when you're paying for the service.

Crunchyroll doesn't have all anime. They have a lot of anime, but not all of it. Sometimes this is a serious pain since it means for your money, if you want access to more anime, you'll have to pay for a lot of different services, and that money adds up. And even then, you STILL won't have access to all anime, for  likely over $30 a month.

My favourite anime? Has 4 seasons. CR has the first 3 and is just refusing to get the 4th season. This means the 4th season of my favourite anime isn't available legally anywhere unless I dish out about $500 for the bluray volumes. It's very expensive.

However, if I were to buy a bluray or merch for any show, that immediately gives more money to the studio I like than many months of a site subscription would give back. In my opinion, free sites and torrenting are a fantastic alternative because they give everyone equal access to practically all anime, for free, while insentivizing new anime fans to become big enough anime fans to buy blurays and merch, thus supporting the industry way more.

On top of that, CR is pretty bad for the industry in the way it licenses anime. It licenses damn near any show it can, regardless of quality. Licensing an anime gives a TON of anime to the studio in one go, and in some cases, can nearly pay off the production of a cheap trash anime. This makes studios want to produce crap because they'll always make a profit due to sites like CR paying the licensing fees.

More studios need to open up a patreon.

Ah, not that I think you're doing a terrible thing by supporting CR, I just don't like how they operate. Why should a paid service be vastly worse than a free one?

Edited by awesomedude20

Locking this thread. It wasn't when this thread was made, but now it's against the forum rules to discuss specific illegal sites.