So...How did anime change your life?

AkiAtashi

Simple Question: How did IT change your life? I've been watching anime for almost 3 years now and honestly it changed me to who I am now. I was always the nerdy-type of girl, getting the highest grades, cramming for exams, then BAM!!! Anime came to my life. I became more positive and easy-going. I gained friends who are also anime fans like me. I learned speaking that 'alien language' which is a mixture of English and Japanese. I became immune to brutality ( thanks to gore anime) and ghosts (thanks to Another). Finally, I became more emotional >.< (please don't laugh at me). Shows like AnoHana and Charlotte really struck my heart and yeah... I cried. 

Well anyways...how about you guys???

Untitled.png

Edited by AkiAtashi
too big pic
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, AkiAtashi said:

Simple Question: How did IT change your life? I've been watching anime for almost 3 years now and honestly it changed me to who I am now. I was always the nerdy-type of girl, getting the highest grades, cramming for exams, then BAM!!! Anime came to my life. I became more positive and easy-going. I gained friends who are also anime fans like me. I learned speaking that 'alien language' which is a mixture of English and Japanese. I became immune to brutality ( thanks to gore anime) and ghosts (thanks to Another). Finally, I became more emotional >.< (please don't laugh at me). Shows like AnoHana and Charlotte really struck my heart and yeah... I cried. 

Well anyways...how about you guys???death_note_death_note_ryuk_god_of_death_103321_1920x1080bbbb.thumb.jpg.ba0cea8a4a40a4701598852fa61efd2d.jpg

i.... now that i think about it, it somehow didnt really change my life huh, id say visual novel's somewhat did a part in making me want to draw anime girl's, but since it all started in anime (Shakugan to be exact), i guess you could say anime somehow influenced me to draw anime-styled character's !?

so i guess in a way, anime made me want to draw anime-styled characters and helped me learn speaking/understanding nippongo~ linguwahe~ (language), which if i look back, i probably would not have ever thought to do and or learn.

edit: oh right, on an unrelated note, you might get a notice to change your signature's size to be a bitttt tinier than usual, or optic-sama will do it for you, who knows ;o, but if you can change it before he does, would somehow save him more time ?!, i think size was 500xsomething, not sure, it should be stated in the signature uploadation place ;o

Edited by XII360
i am the bone of my sword...unlimited PROCRASTINATION WORKS
  • Like 2

Hmm~ Interesting topic to think about. I started watching anime when I was in middle school which was around 8 or 9 years ago? That time was a pretty depressing period in my life and I spent a lot of time on my own outside of school. I can relate to you in the way anime changed my life and my outlook on life. I think seeing characters try so hard and be relentlessly positive for the most part helped me see life in a better light and have hope in people. (It also made me aware of some of my weird tastes, but we won't talk about that...) I also liked psychological animes and I always liked thinking about darker or deeper topics so in that way, by seeing different perspectives, I think my world widened a little. 

Up until this point in life, I have made some precious friends and memories. I can't attribute my change in mindset to anime solely, but I think that it did have a large impact on who I am today and how I see the world. 

Anime has also transformed my art style. I have been drawing since I was 5 when my dad would draw with my brother and I. My brother and dad are both amazing realism artists, but I was never as good as they were so I didn't have confidence in my pieces. Once I found anime, it was a whole other story because I found something that I thought was beautiful and now, it is the only style I draw. ^^

Sorry for the super long response, but this is a great topic for people to reflect on ^^

• Friendly 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Honestly, it didn't really change my life much (I mean I was really little when I first watched it). The only thing it did do was when I was younger was annoy the heck out of my parents to buy me new pokemon cards every time we went to Walmart and collecting the VHS episodes of Pokemon and Digimon. Funny thing is I still have most of them to this day sitting in a box somewhere.

21 hours ago, XII360 said:

i.... now that i think about it, it somehow didnt really change my life huh, id say visual novel's somewhat did a part in making me want to draw anime girl's, but since it all started in anime (Shakugan to be exact), i guess you could say anime somehow influenced me to draw anime-styled character's !?

so i guess in a way, anime made me want to draw anime-styled characters and helped me learn speaking/understanding nippongo~ linguwahe~ (language), which if i look back, i probably would not have ever thought to do and or learn.

edit: oh right, on an unrelated note, you might get a notice to change your signature's size to be a bitttt tinier than usual, or optic-sama will do it for you, who knows ;o, but if you can change it before he does, would somehow save him more time ?!, i think size was 500xsomething, not sure, it should be stated in the signature uploadation place ;o

Yeah, that pic is really large. I just realize it when I posted it. But thanks for noticing anyways...

16 hours ago, alupacard said:

Hmm~ Interesting topic to think about. I started watching anime when I was in middle school which was around 8 or 9 years ago? That time was a pretty depressing period in my life and I spent a lot of time on my own outside of school. I can relate to you in the way anime changed my life and my outlook on life. I think seeing characters try so hard and be relentlessly positive for the most part helped me see life in a better light and have hope in people. (It also made me aware of some of my weird tastes, but we won't talk about that...) I also liked psychological animes and I always liked thinking about darker or deeper topics so in that way, by seeing different perspectives, I think my world widened a little. 

Up until this point in life, I have made some precious friends and memories. I can't attribute my change in mindset to anime solely, but I think that it did have a large impact on who I am today and how I see the world. 

Anime has also transformed my art style. I have been drawing since I was 5 when my dad would draw with my brother and I. My brother and dad are both amazing realism artists, but I was never as good as they were so I didn't have confidence in my pieces. Once I found anime, it was a whole other story because I found something that I thought was beautiful and now, it is the only style I draw. ^^

Sorry for the super long response, but this is a great topic for people to reflect on ^^

9 years!? That's a long time ago... Imma at my first year of high school so I guess I also started in middle school. I respect your opinion...yeah...anime really makes people think positively. ^^

4 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

Honestly, it didn't really change my life much (I mean I was really little when I first watched it). The only thing it did do was when I was younger was annoy the heck out of my parents to buy me new pokemon cards every time we went to Walmart and collecting the VHS episodes of Pokemon and Digimon. Funny thing is I still have most of them to this day sitting in a box somewhere.

I understand😀. I also spent a lot of money just for merch. So I guess that's a negative reason how it changed my life (or not)? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AkiAtashi said:

9 years!? That's a long time ago... Imma at my first year of high school so I guess I also started in middle school. I respect your opinion...yeah...anime really makes people think positively. ^^

Haha, it was a long time ago and I've just graduated uni. (It makes me feel a bit old lol). Happy to hear your thoughts on anime :)