Recent Video Games You Bought?

EnviousEnvy

What are/is the most recent video game you have bought so far?

Mine would be:

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope (Switch)

Pokken Tournament (Switch)

I also have Jurassic World Evolution that I preordered which I'm picking up Wednesday.

Picked up Jurassic World Evolution and I'm fully immersed in the game. A lot more in depth than the first one however there are some things I wish they would of done with the new one that I liked in the first.

i got the list i posted before on steam,

which was

Stardew valley

Dying light enchanced

Dead rising 3

Total war 2 Shogun

and, Dark souls III

i doubt ill be able to play them until break start's, but since they were on sale i got them

it hurt my wallet, and in the end, im not gonna earn any cash this month (due to other expenses and then steam) but i say this is worth it

buying all 5 of those games without steam sale, would cost me 8k php, which is around 130euro's!, and i bought them all for like 2200php, (35euro)

now thats what i call a steal

• 3 months later...

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

Assassin's Creed Odyssey 

Destiny 2 (with all DLC's & Expansions)

Feel free to add me on PSN, Xbone, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch (shoot me a message and I'll send you my account names/ Friend Codes). 

Sancturary RPG on the Steamsale for about 35 cents - such an amazing game for almost nothing. Played it the last 2 days (or rather nights) and I enjoyed it thorougly.

A couple of DLCs for EU4CK2, and the Total War games.

And Sunrider Academy and Sunrider Liberation Day. Liked Mask of Arcadius, so I picked up the other games.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 12:30 AM, KeilynLocke said:

I'm looking to improve my library of Switch games; any recommendations?

There has been quite a few good titles out for the Switch.

Super Mario Odyssey

Mario Kart 8

Arms

Breath of the Wild to of course.

Hope that is of some help. :)

17 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

There has been quite a few good titles out for the Switch.

Super Mario Odyssey

Mario Kart 8

Arms

Breath of the Wild to of course.

Hope that is of some help. :)

I already own Odyssey and BotW. I got them with my system. I have the demo for arms, but haven't bought the full version yet. I did enjoy it. Still need to work on completing both Odyssey and BotW though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeilynLocke said:

I already own Odyssey and BotW. I got them with my system. I have the demo for arms, but haven't bought the full version yet. I did enjoy it. Still need to work on completing both Odyssey and BotW though.

Well there is always Mario Kart 8 as I mentioned. I played that at the last convention I went to and really enjoyed it. I would finish the games you have before buying more, but then I know how hard that can be.

3 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Well there is always Mario Kart 8 as I mentioned. I played that at the last convention I went to and really enjoyed it. I would finish the games you have before buying more, but then I know how hard that can be.

I actually have a copy of MK8 for Wii U somewhere, or at least I did. My ex-wife actually had me trying to play the 3DS version of Smash at one point too.

Sadly, at minimum, 75% of my game library in total has yet to be completed. The list of titles I've actually finished is probably less than a 5th of all the games I have played. I can only seem to finish the REALLY good FF and LoZ titles.

Edited by KeilynLocke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeilynLocke said:

I actually have a copy of MK8 for Wii U somewhere, or at least I did. My ex-wife actually had me trying to play the 3DS version of Smash at one point too.

Sadly, at minimum, 75% of my game library in total has yet to be completed. The list of titles I've actually finished is probably less than a 5th of all the games I have played. I can only seem to finish the REALLY good FF and LoZ titles.

I hear you there I buy games when I can, but often forget about them in the closet. I actually am trying to collect most consoles, and their respective games both retro and new. Honestly pricing is not much different moist video games hold their value in particular if they are/were popular or if they are now rare.

2 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

I hear you there I buy games when I can, but often forget about them in the closet. I actually am trying to collect most consoles, and their respective games both retro and new. Honestly pricing is not much different moist video games hold their value in particular if they are/were popular or if they are now rare.

It's kinda heart breaking. I got myself a mint condition N64 about 18 months ago, and I'm having a hard time finding my favorite titles for it because most of the prices I find are ridiculous. I mean, the average price for a game like Diddy Kong racing is $34 here in Colorado.

11 minutes ago, KeilynLocke said:

It's kinda heart breaking. I got myself a mint condition N64 about 18 months ago, and I'm having a hard time finding my favorite titles for it because most of the prices I find are ridiculous. I mean, the average price for a game like Diddy Kong racing is $34 here in Colorado.

What titles have you gotten for it already, and thats great you got one in such good condition.

4 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

What titles have you gotten for it already, and thats great you got one in such good condition.

It was given to me with Star Fox, Goemon's Adventure, and the other games elude my memory right now. I think there's two others and I can't remember if one of the Banjo titles was in there. I'd have to actually search for it all. My best friend actually has a system too, so we share games. I need to go fetch my Super NES and see if I can get it working again.

edit: I just remembered that there was a copy of both LoZ: OoT and Majora's Mask. Still drawing a blank on the other game.

Edited by KeilynLocke

7 minutes ago, KeilynLocke said:

It was given to me with Star Fox, Goemon's Adventure, and the other games elude my memory right now. I think there's two others and I can't remember if one of the Banjo titles was in there. I'd have to actually search for it all. My best friend actually has a system too, so we share games. I need to go fetch my Super NES and see if I can get it working again.

edit: I just remembered that there was a copy of both LoZ: OoT and Majora's Mask. Still drawing a blank on the other game.

Well a couple I would suggest you buy that aren't to hard to find are Sarge's Heroes, DK 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Golden Eye. Those are all amzing N64 titles and they are not to hard to find. The can be a bet bank braking though.

3 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Well a couple I would suggest you buy that aren't to hard to find are Sarge's Heroes, DK 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Golden Eye. Those are all amzing N64 titles and they are not to hard to find. The can be a bet bank braking though.

I don't have to lol. MY bestie has 3 out of 4 of those. I can play them whenever I think to ask for 'em. I just have a lot of fond memories of Diddy Kong Racing; one of the only good set of memories involving some of my cousins. I am just astounded that the market for nostalgic games like N64 games is almost identical to the resell market of MtG.

• Winner 1

19 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

I don't have to lol. MY bestie has 3 out of 4 of those. I can play them whenever I think to ask for 'em. I just have a lot of fond memories of Diddy Kong Racing; one of the only good set of memories involving some of my cousins. I am just astounded that the market for nostalgic games like N64 games is almost identical to the resell market of MtG.

Honestly in my opinion the main reason for that is that gaming was just so good back then. The reason it was is because of the culture even more so then the tech behind. It was just more of a personal experience. Buying games from your local, or even chain game store was easier and more fun. Trade ins and upgrades were easy to do because everything was backwards comparable. Now sp much of that is in the companies hands. Yes the move to digital gives us much convenience, and for things like movies/tv/anime I would say it was a good move. Buying games you could say on hand hand is easier on services like PSN, XBL, Steam, Origin, or what have you, but at the same time it is hardly personal, and introduced so much other troubles to the experience of gaming. This can be true both on the hardware side as well as the software side. It was just better when you could just walk into a store, and buy something, or sell things to your friend without worrying out licenses, or all the pitfalls of the corporate world we have stuck ourselves in.

The retro community is alive, and well because these concepts of old still largely exist since most games are hard copies. Not to mention the removel of couch co-op games as time has pasted has really damned the industry too in my opinion. Instead of creating a reason to be around other games now create a reason not be around other people, but instead place you in front of your tv/pc alone with little human interaction beyond a headset. It really is what it is though. Not saying online gaming is not fun. I love loading up Minecraft for a night of gaming with friends, but its just not the same.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, brycec said:

I do not buy too many games really. I tend to play on my iPad more, so the last one I bought was DQ 11.

Are there not to many good things to buy on the Apple Store. I know they are kown for charging when Google Play Store tends to offer htose for free, or cheaper, but there has to be a good amount of decent games out compared to a few years ago.