Recent Video Games You Bought?

EnviousEnvy

19 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Are there not to many good things to buy on the Apple Store. I know they are kown for charging when Google Play Store tends to offer htose for free, or cheaper, but there has to be a good amount of decent games out compared to a few years ago.

They have a ton of games, but I either cannot play them due to the control setup, or they are not that enjoyable.

Plus, Kemco is the only one making RPGs.

drill told me about Fire Emblem Heroes, and that was nice, but I do not get offline play like I do with Kemco RPGs and Dragon Quest.

2 minutes ago, brycec said:

They have a ton of games, but I either cannot play them due to the control setup, or they are not that enjoyable.

Plus, Kemco is the only one making RPGs.

drill told me about Fire Emblem Heroes, and that was nice, but I do not get offline play like I do with Kemco RPGs and Dragon Quest.

Kemco makes ok stuff, but I understand the whole idea of doing a RPG properly on a touch interface just dose not sit right with me as really that fun in the long term. If it is done right I suppose it could be though. I have bought only one mobile game in my entire life when I had my iPhone 3GS way back when, and that was Angry Birds. I wanted to see what it was all about. Don't get me wring its really fun, but not something I can devote that much time to nor do I wish to.

4 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Kemco makes ok stuff, but I understand the whole idea of doing a RPG properly on a touch interface just dose not sit right with me as really that fun in the long term. If it is done right I suppose it could be though. I have bought only one mobile game in my entire life when I had my iPhone 3GS way back when, and that was Angry Birds. I wanted to see what it was all about. Don't get me wring its really fun, but not something I can devote that much time to nor do I wish to.

I see. For me, I just want a game that has an end of some sorts.

I used to play a game called Let's Golf, but only the first two were good. The third one was freemium, which was annoying.

4 minutes ago, brycec said:

I see. For me, I just want a game that has an end of some sorts.

I used to play a game called Let's Golf, but only the first two were good. The third one was freemium, which was annoying.

Ya games with a finite start, and finish are harder to find in the mobile sector mostly because it is so dominated by those freaken micro transactions that encourage continues play or pay to win type concepts. I know that there is a good amount MMOs that have gone mobile as the mobile MMO market is now widespread around the world as up until recently it was mostly in Japan, and Korea.

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

Ya games with a finite start, and finish are harder to find in the mobile sector mostly because it is so dominated by those freaken micro transactions that encourage continues play or pay to win type concepts. I know that there is a good amount MMOs that have gone mobile as the mobile MMO market is now widespread around the world as up until recently it was mostly in Japan, and Korea.

Yeah, that is why I hate freemium games.

The one things that I wish was more prevalent on the mobile scene would be VNs. Other than turn based RPGs, they seem to be the only kind of games today that do not require two hands.

There is Ace Attorney and Planetarian, but nothing like Clannad, Narcissu, and other series.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brycec said:

The one things that I wish was more prevalent on the mobile scene would be VNs. Other than turn based RPGs, they seem to be the only kind of games today that do not require two hands.

There is Ace Attorney and Planetarian, but nothing like Clannad, Narcissu, and other series.

I would honestly love to see VNs go mobile. There are SIM like games on the android store, but they're all pay to access more of the story(s). I find that annoying, so I've only tried one or two. They're not bad content wise, but having to wait a day to have the necessary in game thing that lets you progress is annoying. I think that it's a horrible business model.

3 hours ago, brycec said:

Just what I need a reason to never put my phone down ever again. :) VNs on the mobile sector would be so cool! It would be fairly easy too since they are mostly animated picture books for the most part. Best thing is there would not be a reason to have just a mobile version since the full version would likely just work on a smart phone since VNs aren't that demanding.

5 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Just what I need a reason to never put my phone down ever again. :) VNs on the mobile sector would be so cool! It would be fairly easy too since they are mostly animated picture books for the most part. Best thing is there would not be a reason to have just a mobile version since the full version would likely just work on a smart phone since VNs aren't that demanding.

Just be careful you do not crack one open that causes you to shed tears in public, but yeah, they would not need any real changes to be ported to other platforms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brycec said:

Just be careful you do not crack one open that causes you to shed tears in public, but yeah, they would not need any real changes to be ported to other platforms.

I see exactly what you mean some of those stories can be downright sad, and make me cry on more then one occation. Clannad for one did this.

On another note there is a surprising amount of VNs for sale on Steam I have noticed. Has anyone gotten some from there recently?

7 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I see exactly what you mean some of those stories can be downright sad, and make me cry on more then one occation. Clannad for one did this.

On another note there is a surprising amount of VNs for sale on Steam I have noticed. Has anyone gotten some from there recently?

Got a few from there, but not recently no.

3 minutes ago, brycec said:

Got a few from there, but not recently no.

Yah Steam is better for the shooters, strategy, and indie games. I kid you not there is a lot of indie projects on there these days. I honestly think thats a good thing though I may even check out a few when I get a chance to afford any.

2 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Yah Steam is better for the shooters, strategy, and indie games. I kid you not there is a lot of indie projects on there these days. I honestly think thats a good thing though I may even check out a few when I get a chance to afford any.

For me, it's more trying to find good ones, preferably cross platform, and I have been busy with other things.

16 hours ago, brycec said:

For me, it's more trying to find good ones, preferably cross platform, and I have been busy with other things.

Oh yes I understand the being busy part. In my case I may end up buying something on steam soon as I have been taking a little break from all my computer classes since I watched so many recently. So a good game may just be what I need right now.

10 hours ago, RepentantSky said:

I'm less than 24 hours from getting Spyro, so I guess I can count that right? 

Hope you enjoy playing that one. I have heard many good things about it.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, WeepinnWillow said:

Recently I picked up Company of Heroes 2 for PC and WWE 2K19 for my PS4. 2K19 is officially my favorite WWE game.

I heard a lot of good things about Company of Heroes 2 what do you think of it so far?

5 hours ago, Ginkozan said:

i think i was sick with something that made my sense of logic go away as i bought the game of the year fallout 76 :P ps4

Its still a collectable I suppose in that regard plus with time it will improve that is something I am confident of. Though the whole information leak of user data bugged me a bit. Thats something to certainly be aware. of.