I get no matches on Tinder and the like

anime4eva

So,I've had it for years, have had several nice photos and bios created and I have never received a like on any dating app. I must be truly ugly. I mean ppl in person tell me I'm decent but I suppose not. The internet does bring out the worst in some ppl and those sites are def full of shallow ppl but still not a single like for me. I must be hideous. Crazy thing is when I talk to people we get a long perfectly and girls always say I'm sweet, but I just don't look a certain smh. 

36 minutes ago, anime4eva said:

So,I've had it for years, have had several nice photos and bios created and I have never received a like on any dating app. I must be truly ugly. I mean ppl in person tell me I'm decent but I suppose not. The internet does bring out the worst in some ppl and those sites are def full of shallow ppl but still not a single like for me. I must be hideous. Crazy thing is when I talk to people we get a long perfectly and girls always say I'm sweet, but I just don't look a certain smh. 

have you tried adding filter's ?, or money in the background ?, that usually work's

but no for real, just take other pictures that make your face shine, like take one near a light source, your sure to shine

yea i suck at these kinds of advice

• Winner 1

Don't feel bad, I have yet to meet anybody (outside of a levi commercial actor) that has gotten any bites on any of those stupid sites. Then you have those sites that have staffers that click "like" on your profile never to lead anywhere..sigh, what happened to good old fashioned courting? Anyway, we'll start a club yo' and wear jackets and bling. Maybe that'll help? 

Without seeing your profile, it is hard to diagnose the issue. Why not post your current bio for us to see (especailly if you don't want to link your profile). If you are a guy, I will add that most women prefer guys that are ambitious in a way, so if you aren't actively trying to connect with women, it is unlikely they will seek you out.  Might be traditional thinking but it is true.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XII360 said:

have you tried adding filter's ?, or money in the background ?, that usually work's

but no for real, just take other pictures that make your face shine, like take one near a light source, your sure to shine

yea i suck at these kinds of advice

You know I got a real nice camera and started taking nice pictures bought new clothes and still nothing. I even did an experiment where I made a fake account with some standard looking dude and the photos were off google images so they were poor quality and he had like 25 plus likes in an hour. So yeah I deleted everything and lost faith in humanity after that

33 minutes ago, Oakmi said:

Don't feel bad, I have yet to meet anybody (outside of a levi commercial actor) that has gotten any bites on any of those stupid sites. Then you have those sites that have staffers that click "like" on your profile never to lead anywhere..sigh, what happened to good old fashioned courting? Anyway, we'll start a club yo' and wear jackets and bling. Maybe that'll help? 

Hahahahahaha that would be so funny and I would be down

44 minutes ago, anime4eva said:

You know I got a real nice camera and started taking nice pictures bought new clothes and still nothing. I even did an experiment where I made a fake account with some standard looking dude and the photos were off google images so they were poor quality and he had like 25 plus likes in an hour. So yeah I deleted everything and lost faith in humanity after that

...that sounds bad

i mean, dont give up hope !, at worst, just go and hit on women near you're area ,not literally tho', you would be sent to jail if you literally hit them

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, anime4eva said:

I hate to say it.  But most people on dating sites are ones that are too stubborn to give anyone but what they view as perfect as a chance, or just hook ups.  And that's their choice.  Nothing can be done about it, try not to fret about it, that's your choice.  I've been on dating sites before too.  And even it's got some (very few) generally interesting people.  It's also full of liars, cheats, fakes, marketers for adult sites, and people who don't want to give a relationship a chance because of this or that reason.  Hold your head up and meet people in person.  The net can be a dangerous place where despite a picture being there,  people remain faceless and so they don't associate you with a real human being, there for they say whatever they want.  I say try mixers, blind dating.  Things like that.  Gatherings of people.  Travel and meet new people.  Help people out if they need help.  You never know who you could be introduced to that way.   

While these are all my own personal feelings on the subject this is honestly mostly an opinion based on my experience.  I'm single too.  But more so by choice right now do to life style situations.  But I wish you the best of luck.  Get out there and do you. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, FinDee said:

I hate to say it.  But most people on dating sites are ones that are too stubborn to give anyone but what they view as perfect as a chance, or just hook ups.  And that's their choice.  Nothing can be done about it, try not to fret about it, that's your choice.  I've been on dating sites before too.  And even it's got some (very few) generally interesting people.  It's also full of liars, cheats, fakes, marketers for adult sites, and people who don't want to give a relationship a chance because of this or that reason.  Hold your head up and meet people in person.  The net can be a dangerous place where despite a picture being there,  people remain faceless and so they don't associate you with a real human being, there for they say whatever they want.  I say try mixers, blind dating.  Things like that.  Gatherings of people.  Travel and meet new people.  Help people out if they need help.  You never know who you could be introduced to that way.   

While these are all my own personal feelings on the subject this is honestly mostly an opinion based on my experience.  I'm single too.  But more so by choice right now do to life style situations.  But I wish you the best of luck.  Get out there and do you. 

I completely agree and understand.  Its just crazy that this has become our culture. I'm not looking for anything serious, it would be nice to have some validation that I wasn't some grotesque being not worth a single match. I mean it would be nice just to get ice cream with a girl or something, idk lol. I kinda want to be single too, i prefer that, but it would be nice to be with someone as well. Again, idk.

I don't do much outside, rather I love being outside, but no one is gardening and/playing ball, going for walks. I'm in my mid 20s and I go for walks alone.  But thank you for you response, I appreciate it. I was just super bummed, cause I actually got a match with an attractive girl, and then I saw she unmatched. Didn't even know her and it was like really bothering me. Sigh

47 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Dating sites are a joke... I'm serious... just go out and do things you like, you're more likely to bump into somebody who shares your interests and it's a great way to break the ice. Somebody real. @FinDee pretty much summed it up already. From what I can tell, dating sites are clogged down with people who aren't there for the intended purpose of the site. 

Yeah it's crazy man. Thanks for the kind words.

On 7/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, anime4eva said:

Hahahahahaha that would be so funny and I would be down

So what should we name it? And I vote leather...no wait...suede...🤩

On 7/8/2018 at 11:09 PM, anime4eva said:

I completely agree and understand.  Its just crazy that this has become our culture. I'm not looking for anything serious, it would be nice to have some validation that I wasn't some grotesque being not worth a single match. I mean it would be nice just to get ice cream with a girl or something, idk lol. I kinda want to be single too, i prefer that, but it would be nice to be with someone as well. Again, idk.

I don't do much outside, rather I love being outside, but no one is gardening and/playing ball, going for walks. I'm in my mid 20s and I go for walks alone.  But thank you for you response, I appreciate it. I was just super bummed, cause I actually got a match with an attractive girl, and then I saw she unmatched. Didn't even know her and it was like really bothering me. Sigh

Yeah it's crazy man. Thanks for the kind words.

Well we can't control how we feel for the most part.  I hope you find happiness in some way be it finding a new friend or more with some lady friend.  Just try and keep your head up and not sweat it as best you can.  Have a Cuebone.

cuebone.png

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

So like. Get some gay friends. I know it's stereotypical, but being gay myself I can say we have alot of female friends. Plus we're not competition and if you pick someone with even an ounce of respect for you, they won't try hitting on you either. That's my suggestion. They'll keep the conversation flowing and help if you get nervous. 

• Like 1

Personally I have never used any dating sites so I don’t know what is like. But I will say this some girls look for personality more than looks. So maybe you can find a girl like that.

you should have a joyful honest And determined personality. Also you sounded a bit desperate so don’t be girls don’t like that’s. I remember I used to be a harem king back in highschool because I was just fun to be around. And made the environment comfortable for everyone. So how you act is very important you should be very cautious but also relaxed. That will make a girl be with you.

Obviously you don’t have to do what I do. At the end Just be your self. I do this to grow my harem and make it stronger. As I am obsessed with this game. Don’t try to get a harem because its stressful And requires good looks.

Now currently I am trying to get my throne back from my friend.

Lol I think this reply is just me bragging about harem life. 

47 minutes ago, Part_time_anime said:

Personally I have never used any dating sites so I don’t know what is like. But I will say this some girls look for personality more than looks. So maybe you can find a girl like that.

you should have a joyful honest And determined personality. Also you sounded a bit desperate so don’t be girls don’t like that’s. I remember I used to be a harem king back in highschool because I was just fun to be around. And made the environment comfortable for everyone. So how you act is very important you should be very cautious but also relaxed. That will make a girl be with you.

Obviously you don’t have to do what I do. At the end Just be your self. I do this to grow my harem and make it stronger. As I am obsessed with this game. Don’t try to get a harem because its stressful And requires good looks.

Now currently I am trying to get my throne back from my friend.

Lol I think this reply is just me bragging about harem life. 

Thanks for your reply, but honestly everything after "not using dating sites" is worthless. Especially if you're going to say I'm desperate. Try out tinder or bumble. Or just read about. Girls put their venmos, they match with everyone to get instagram followers, they say if you're not white don't swipe right....that's just the surface man...girls (at least on there) are not in it for the personality. That comes 4th. 

On 7/10/2018 at 5:06 PM, FinDee said:

Well we can't control how we feel for the most part.  I hope you find happiness in some way be it finding a new friend or more with some lady friend.  Just try and keep your head up and not sweat it as best you can.  Have a Cuebone.

cuebone.png

Awww dude, thanks!!

• Like 1

Er, I'm not really sure how to reply. I mean, I never use dating sites because they usually judge you by your pictures. I'm an introvert, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to just go outside. I found a lot of guy-friends at the least expecting places. I mean, this one day when I decided to spend my day at the library, I found a guy reading Contaminated, which is my all-time favorite. I plucked up the courage to go and talk to him, and I found a lot of surprising things about him that I couldn't guess just from his appearance.

I would suggest that you just go outside. You'll meet a lot of people there. Befriend them. Sometimes, friendship can turn into something more. 

And yes, I know how it feels to think you're hideous. Trust me, I've dealt with it myself. 

On 7/14/2018 at 2:38 AM, anime4eva said:

they say if you're not white don't swipe right...

Do you mean skin colour white then your wrong. 😂 you have the wrong idea man girls are not as complicated as you think. Maybe at first they might seem rude or picky but it’s not like that. 

I am not white my self. I am trying to say try finding a girl and by meeting face to face that’s how you get them You like of your personality. 

On 7/17/2018 at 5:45 PM, Part_time_anime said:

Do you mean skin colour white then your wrong. 😂 you have the wrong idea man girls are not as complicated as you think. Maybe at first they might seem rude or picky but it’s not like that. 

I am not white my self. I am trying to say try finding a girl and by meeting face to face that’s how you get them You like of your personality. 

Wait, what? How could you tell me if I'm wrong.I've literally seen that quote in their profiles/bios..... as well as other similar things like not interested xyz (skin color) #aorrynotsorry (Literally saw that today) but I know that's not everyone obv